GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

Jonathan F/2

Top Veteran
Aug 21, 2011
Los Angeles, USA
If I weren't looking to get out of the Sony system, that's the next lens I'd get.

As it is, I'll have to "make do" with the also quite nice, if not similarily extraordinary Nikon Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR. Fits the Z6, starts at 24mm, has VR - and has quite solid IQ, too. But after reading the Cameralabs review of the Tamron (and the Nikon), I definitely wish that Tamron managed to crack the Z mount protocols soon ... That said, depending on the performance of the Nikon zoom, I may stick with it for some time. We'll see ...

M.
I'm sure the Nikon is excellent, but the Tamron is faster at the wide and long end. Also I can pair the lens with the Samyang 18mm 2.8 (and 45mm 1.8 if need be) lens to get an extraordinarily compact and wide/long travel kit.

ggweci

Veteran
Feb 2, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Craig
I finally got my A9 prepped and wearing it's battle armor! I usually spend an hour prepping a camera. If it's a used body I wipe it down with a damp cloth and also clean the dials with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol. I then do a factory format and reset. I sync all my camera clocks to the same time and then custom set all the buttons to my custom settings. Batteries get a full charge and I verify shutter count. I do all this before even shooting with the camera!

View attachment 231522
SONY_A9_01 by Jonathan Friolo, on Flickr
Extremely envious of you! The A9 will be fantastic I’m sure.

And I like your prepping of used cameras. I never put much thought into it other than doing the factory reset and quick wipe down of the screen, but I will follow your routine on the next one. Which, coincidentally, is arriving on Monday. Will post an update then. Not A9 exciting though. :)

Jonathan F/2

Top Veteran
Aug 21, 2011
Los Angeles, USA
Extremely envious of you! The A9 will be fantastic I’m sure.

And I like your prepping of used cameras. I never put much thought into it other than doing the factory reset and quick wipe down of the screen, but I will follow your routine on the next one. Which, coincidentally, is arriving on Monday. Will post an update then. Not A9 exciting though. :)
I had no intention of buying an A9 but a used body popped up for a good price and I couldn't pass it up! It was priced way less than what others were selling the camera used. Plus it's the mirrorless camera I've been wanting in terms of specs and performance. It's just a bummer I can't travel anywhere right now, except domestically! Maybe in 2022-23 I'll also add an A9II! :D

I like prepping all my new/used cameras meticulously before I even shoot with them. It's a habit I picked when I used to shoot entertainment news. I also do the same with my lenses.

tonyturley

Hall of Famer
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Depot, WV, USA
Tony
Well, my m4/3 kit is complete, with the arrival of my mint PL 12-60 this afternoon. I'm still old school enough to find it somewhat odd to see Sunday deliveries. The G95 + PL 12-60 combination is not what I'd call compact, but it fits well in my hands, does not feel heavy, and has a great balance. It also fits easily in my bicycle bar bag, with room for the P 45-150 in an auxiliary pouch. Not really sure how much I'll be using my O 45/1.8, but it was so inexpensive that I'm holding onto it for now.

ErichH

Regular
Jun 11, 2020
Well, my m4/3 kit is complete, with the arrival of my mint PL 12-60 this afternoon. I'm still old school enough to find it somewhat odd to see Sunday deliveries. The G95 + PL 12-60 combination is not what I'd call compact, but it fits well in my hands, does not feel heavy, and has a great balance. It also fits easily in my bicycle bar bag, with room for the P 45-150 in an auxiliary pouch. Not really sure how much I'll be using my O 45/1.8, but it was so inexpensive that I'm holding onto it for now.
Complete, schmomplete! There's no such thing as a complete kit of photographic equipment! I'm happy you're happy though. But don't you want the Laowa 7.5 mm macro, if you think about it a little bit? I know I do... 😋

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Jul 13, 2011
Lexington, VA
Steve
I had no intention of buying an A9 but a used body popped up for a good price and I couldn't pass it up! It was priced way less than what others were selling the camera used. Plus it's the mirrorless camera I've been wanting in terms of specs and performance. It's just a bummer I can't travel anywhere right now, except domestically! Maybe in 2022-23 I'll also add an A9II! :D

I like prepping all my new/used cameras meticulously before I even shoot with them. It's a habit I picked when I used to shoot entertainment news. I also do the same with my lenses.
We will need some commentary after you’ve had a chance to work with it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom