GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

This just happened....
D4159EFB-9824-4AB7-B5A6-C02E55C25546.jpeg

Battery is charging as I patiently wait...

After last month's challenge, I felt confident backing this:

It'll take some time to arrive (this year, at least), but it basically gives me something very much like the Laowa 7.5mm f/2 (it's f/2.8 - which means even more control over DoF) for two of my favourite mounts, Leica M and Nikon Z, because the offer I backed contains a M-to-Z helicoid adapter that allows for a minimum focus distance of 0,1m - should be fun, and it's still very affordable due to a "first 24 hours" rebate of $150 ...

M.

After last month's challenge, I felt confident backing this:

It'll take some time to arrive (this year, at least), but it basically gives me something very much like the Laowa 7.5mm f/2 (it's f/2.8 - which means even more control over DoF) for two of my favourite mounts, Leica M and Nikon Z, because the offer I backed contains a M-to-Z helicoid adapter that allows for a minimum focus distance of 0,1m - should be fun, and it's still very affordable due to a "first 24 hours" rebate of $150 ...

M.
I'm a tad jealous, I looked over the samples and articles on Lomography, and it looks like a very nice lens! Not in the budget now, but that would be a fun addition for my Voïgtlander.

Perfect camera for the Lo-Fi challenge. Just smear some Vaseline on the lens. :rofl: I’ll be curious to hear what you think.

Well, I can tell you what I think about the Vaseline on lens right now. Lol 😂

As for the A7c, plan to put it through the paces this weekend - long days for work this week, mean not much time for messing around with it. I’ll update the A7c thread as I get more hands on time with it.

As for the A7c, plan to put it through the paces this weekend - long days for work this week, mean not much time for messing around with it. I’ll update the A7c thread as I get more hands on time with it.
BTW, I didn’t make up that Vaseline trick.

Like Steve @drd1135 just said, it's an old trick. Just don't put vaseline on the lens itself, use a cheap filter and apply it on that.

Last edited:
I just picked up an on a whim, accidental GRiii.
Went to sell on CL and ended up a buyer too.

Got it for a nice deal, the seller was disappointed as covid ruined his street hopes.
I'd like to do some street one day but am very happy with it for snapshot/backup duties.
The output is very nice, the carry is dreamy, I'm getting a grip on the controls and would like to play with the leaf shutter for outdoor(and indoor) portraits.

I just picked up an on a whim, accidental GRiii.
Went to sell on CL and ended up a buyer too.

Got it for a nice deal, the seller was disappointed as covid ruined his street hopes.
I'd like to do some street one day but am very happy with it for snapshot/backup duties.
The output is very nice, the carry is dreamy, I'm getting a grip on the controls and would like to play with the leaf shutter for outdoor(and indoor) portraits.
GR III isn't truly a "street" camera. It's a snap camera. Japanese snap photography encompasses a lot and you definitely don't need traditional human subjects on the street to make that camera shine.

Should be showing up tomorrow Monday oops...

L portion of the RRS bracket for my K-1 so I can do portrait-orientation pano stitching.

Kodak multi-format scanner that can handle 110 negs. Not a great scanner, but it'll be used only for the 110 stuff I have to scan.

Last edited:
Back