GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

Ordered a ZEISS C Biogon T* 35mm 2.8 ZM for use predominately on the Leica CL although I've recently had some great luck with an under $20. Fotasy M to X mount adapter on my Fuji bodies.
. . . David
Congrats on the acquistion of a fantastic lens - in spite of all the other options, one of the great choices for M mount. Just remember to frame loosely with the CL (or rather, not expect the frame lines to contain it all).

EDIT: Or would that be the digital CL? In that case: Just have fun!

M.

Hi Matt - Thanks. It's the digital CL although I always wanted one of the film versions.:)
. . . David
Okay ... so you get a fantastic, if a bit slow, normal lens ...

I actually own two analog CLs :blush: One's in "user" condition, but fully working (and CLA'd, including modification for the battery), the other's beautiful, but the meter's dead, definitely (water damage!), but since it works as well, I keep it (it wouldn't fetch a lot of money anyway). They used to be quite inexpensive for a short period of time (unfortunately, I got my first setup before that ...), but now, prices have gone up again, and then some. For the analog CL, the 40mm Summicron-C is the natural choice - and it's a great little lens, too.

But anyway, kudos on the nice camera you got for yourself - I'm preparing to get out of APS-C completely, but I did look into the digital CL before going in full monty ... (yes, that means the M10).

M.

Fuji half-case and an Elmarit-M 28/2.8 ASPH for my X-E2S.

One more lens for the X-H1, one more for the X-E2S, and I'm done (unless I decide to leave FF).

Got this to try with my new lightened down kit. So far it's working great with the X-T2(ungripped) with 23/50mm f2 and carrying the strap under the second lens with the divider piece folded down.
5L sling/slide lite/small range pouch
1509421827000_1363559.jpg

1436888163000_1169303.jpg

1477588829000_1292753.jpg

As my old iPhone is getting very old in the tooth, and I needed a new contract with work finishing shortly, I've just ordered a Huawei P20 Pro. From what I can see on the internet the photos look really pretty special. It might even replace my G5X if it's good enough, purely for the sake of convenience.

As my old iPhone is getting very old in the tooth, and I needed a new contract with work finishing shortly, I've just ordered a Huawei P20 Pro. From what I can see on the internet the photos look really pretty special. It might even replace my G5X if it's good enough, purely for the sake of convenience.

Please be sure to let’s us know if it’s as good as they say. I too am thinking about jumping off the Apple ship next upgrade.

Please be sure to let’s us know if it’s as good as they say. I too am thinking about jumping off the Apple ship next upgrade.

The word after WWDC is that Apple may be rethinking its pricing structure for phones and that there will be a model which will be more economical for the rest of us. I can't afford to upgrade if they keep pushing prices into the stratosphere. When they first announced the iPhoneX I really wanted one. Then I saw that its price was nearly that of a decent laptop. It just wasnt worth it to me, and it won't be in the future. But, if the prices come down somewhat... maybe.

[rant]
I dont think I can jump to Android because I still don't want Mr Google knowing who I call, what we talk or text about, everywhere I go, and what I do when I get there. Never mind google analysing every shot you take as well. And then, it provides that free storage... Whats that which Bill is always saying... if you're not paying for the product... ?

I hate that I still have a gmail address (don't use it much except as a spam trap) and I hate that almost every website you go to uses google analytics (FFS use your control panel built in analytics, nobody *needs* google) and if you dare block that, you will often be prevented from seeing the site.
[/rant]

To get myself back on topic, I am working toward a waterproof camera, probably Olympus. I hope they update a TG5 and improve the rear screen from 460 dots.

Last edited:
To get myself back on topic, I am working toward a waterproof camera, probably Olympus. I hope they update a TG5 and improve the rear screen from 460 dots.

If you haven't seen these two posts at DPReview they might be of interest. The first is a review of the SealLife DC2000 and the second is a state of the market look at waterproof cameras.

As much as I told myself I don't need it, I grabbed an EX grade Pentax *ist D from KEH for the grand sum of $65. I'm really not a DSLR aficionado, but I have a 35mm f2.4 lens collecting dust on my shelf that will fit, and I thought it would be a cheap knockabout camera to keep in the car for when I don't want to carry my better gear.

Back