GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

'Had another GAS attack and picked up a 7Artisans 25mm f1.8 lens with a XF mount. My jaw is still sorta' hanging low. Super sharp with very nice rendering all for a whooping $79. new on Amazon.
Here's a quick photograph I took of my wife and a screen shot of how it looks as an RAF file in Lightroom at 2X. I took the picture with the lens on my X-E2. It was made wide open at F1.8. So far I am very impressed. 'Thought I'd share.
. . . David
Darlene- 7Artisans 25mmf1.8.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 1.32.11 PM.png

'Had another GAS attack and picked up a 7Artisans 25mm f1.8 lens with a XF mount. My jaw is still sorta' hanging low. Super sharp with very nice rendering all for a whooping $79. new on Amazon.
Here's a quick photograph I took of my wife and a screen shot of how it looks as an RAF file in Lightroom at 2X. I took the picture with the lens on my X-E2. It was made wide open at F1.8. So far I am very impressed. 'Thought I'd share.
. . . David
View attachment 188526
View attachment 188527
Haven't got it, but I've read that the 7artisans 50mm F1.1, for $300-$400 new, is embarrassingly good. Embarrassing for Leica that is.

Tamron 100-400mm for my DSLR. As opposed to spending money on an X-T3 and zoom (I'm trying to be sensible here). I'm told it focuses fast, has great resolution and stablilisation which will mean me not having to use a tripod. A big deal for me as I have always snootily been a primes only guy. Basically, my DSLR setup is now relegated to macro and this lens.

. . . David
View attachment 188526
View attachment 188527
I had one of those when I had an X-T1. Very nice lens for very little cost.

Technically this is not a 'new' G.A.S. purchase/attack since I bought the camera nearly a month ago - but I repurchased a Pentax DSLR which, though lightly used by its original owner, is now actually 10 years old which makes it a bit of a dinosaur - the Pentax K200d, with a 10.2 mp CCD sensor and a weather-sealed body. It's the second K200d that I have owned and in spite of its relatively limited ISO range, it's proving to be a fine camera. Here it is -

PentaxK200d#2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I bought a relatively compact Pentax lens to go with it - the DA 21mm (a 35mm F.O.V.) which to date is my only lens and is thus semi-permanently attached to the camera.

PentaxK200d#1.jpg

It's larger and heavier than my micro 4/3 Lumix GX8, and it's been an interesting experience, re-acclimating my eyes, and my vision, to the Pentamirror viewfinder, but so far it's been an interesting experience.

And finally here is one sample photo which probably conveys why I like this camera + lens better than words alone -

ContinentalGrill.jpg

Technically this is not a 'new' G.A.S. purchase/attack since I bought the camera nearly a month ago - but I repurchased a Pentax DSLR which, though lightly used by its original owner, is now actually 10 years old which makes it a bit of a dinosaur - the Pentax K200d, with a 10.2 mp CCD sensor and a weather-sealed body. It's the second K200d that I have owned and in spite of its relatively limited ISO range, it's proving to be a fine camera. Here it is -

View attachment 189728

I bought a relatively compact Pentax lens to go with it - the DA 21mm (a 35mm F.O.V.) which to date is my only lens and is thus semi-permanently attached to the camera.

View attachment 189729

It's larger and heavier than my micro 4/3 Lumix GX8, and it's been an interesting experience, re-acclimating my eyes, and my vision, to the Pentamirror viewfinder, but so far it's been an interesting experience.

And finally here is one sample photo which probably conveys why I like this camera + lens better than words alone -

View attachment 189730
I think that 21mm is supposed to have as much pixie dust as the 15mm. I think maybe I might get one. OTOH I saw a 28mm f/2.8 M on ebay and I am sorely tempted.

I think that 21mm is supposed to have as much pixie dust as the 15mm. I think maybe I might get one. OTOH I saw a 28mm f/2.8 M on ebay and I am sorely tempted.

I agree with you, Sue. For years, both the 21 and the 15 were two lenses that always seemed to come up in conversations between Pentaxians. I spent years looking at, and admiring, the photographs of Tyler Monson, a long-term Pentax photographer, who used the 21mm for years as his basic go-to take-everywhere lens, I know that influenced me. Also it's tiny, lightweight, and relatively affordable compared to many others. The 70mm if I recall also has quite a sterling reputation.

But, so far, the diminutive 21mm I picked up is more than living up to its (deserved) reputation :)

Another 35mm :D 7Artisans 35mm f/2 for M mount.
_DSC2519.jpg

Not tested extensively yet - but already quite intriguing; whoever ridicules Chinese lenses should have a look at this little guy - it's really very, very nicely built. We'll see about the optics - but frankly, at the price asked and from what I've see already, I'm already certain I won't regret this ...

M.

Another 35mm :D 7Artisans 35mm f/2 for M mount.
View attachment 189895

Not tested extensively yet - but already quite intriguing; whoever ridicules Chinese lenses should have a look at this little guy - it's really very, very nicely built. We'll see about the optics - but frankly, at the price asked and from what I've see already, I'm already certain I won't regret this ...

M.
Look forward to the review Matt. I keep reading that those lenses are better than they should be.

Back