GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

On the X-E3, the 27 makes for a really small and light go everywhere camera. Image quality is great, only real drawback is focusing speed and noise. Reminds me a lot of the Panasonic 20/1.7.
I had the 27 on a used xt10. If you are a stills shooter like me, it is a very effective lens. I only sold it because I was in one of my “down” phases with Fuji.:whistle:

@kyteflyer Sue: That's certainly a better choice than the minuscule, but - at least for this glasses-wearer - seriously flawed GV-2 I got for my GR (the original APS-C model - still going strong!). I now think that the GV-1 would have been a much better choice, but that's also quite bulky, and the eye piece is just as rough and scratch-inducing as the GV-2's which is a real nuisance. The Fuji one looks a lot better in that respect, with smooth plastic trim around the eye piece.

FWIW, I tried a LCD loupe (can't remember the brand name - recommendations came from this board) - that works okay, but it's too fiddly for me and goes against the whole use-case I have for the GR (fast, on-the-go shooting).

M.

@kyteflyer Sue: That's certainly a better choice than the minuscule, but - at least for this glasses-wearer - seriously flawed GV-2 I got for my GR (the original APS-C model - still going strong!). I now think that the GV-1 would have been a much better choice, but that's also quite bulky, and the eye piece is just as rough and scratch-inducing as the GV-2's which is a real nuisance. The Fuji one looks a lot better in that respect, with smooth plastic trim around the eye piece.

FWIW, I tried a LCD loupe (can't remember the brand name - recommendations came from this board) - that works okay, but it's too fiddly for me and goes against the whole use-case I have for the GR (fast, on-the-go shooting).

M.

Thanks for that, Matt. I feel better now :) I wear specs too, but I take them off when using viewfinders... as long as I get a rough notion of the framing, I'm good to go :)

As far as the loupe goes... it just never appealed to me, I couldnt imagine having a honking great lump on the rear of a camera I bought for its small size.

CV 58 F1.4 Nokton arrived. This is my manual gear now. Aesthetics also ok

Now waiting weekend to be able to shoot on daylight :S

Attachments

• EE46C8B0-C0E2-4567-9387-41219BAD4E1F.jpeg
    EE46C8B0-C0E2-4567-9387-41219BAD4E1F.jpeg
    353 KB · Views: 140
  • 79D87846-51D2-4F04-8F97-FE45AA365B38.jpeg
    79D87846-51D2-4F04-8F97-FE45AA365B38.jpeg
    295.9 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
My Mindshift Backlight 26 arrived earlier this week. Just had the chance to fill it up! Much easier carry than my previous bag.

Nice kit selection.

I'm also considering consolidating my Sony and m43 systems and going with Fuji in the middle ground. I've already sold off my Pen-F w/ lenses, but have a hard time letting go of the Sony - the files are just beautiful - FF look, DR latitude in post, etc. The Fujis can't match that from all my comparisons, but I do definitely prefer their shooting experience though, which is also a huge draw for me.

Just to follow up on this, ended up grabbing a used X-T2 w/ grip today. Looks basically new. Already have the 14mm and 27mm lenses around from past Fujis. Nice to have the old feeling back in my hands.

I'll do a thorough comparison between it and my Sony A7ii in an effort to decide which kit to keep. Once decision is made, will likely jump to either the X-T3 or A7iii.

I had the 27 on a used xt10. If you are a stills shooter like me, it is a very effective lens. I only sold it because I was in one of my “down” phases with Fuji.:whistle:
Well, I hope I don't get into a "down" phase with Fuji... it's my only system at this point. Can't wait to get the 14/2.8.. should be here Sat.

Just to follow up on this, ended up grabbing a used X-T2 w/ grip today. Looks basically new. Already have the 14mm and 27mm lenses around from past Fujis. Nice to have the old feeling back in my hands.

I'll do a thorough comparison between it and my Sony A7ii in an effort to decide which kit to keep. Once decision is made, will likely jump to either the X-T3 or A7iii.
I kind of did this myself, except, I just jumped ship from m4/3 and Sony. Figured it was a middle ground. I considered the A7III for a second, but, in the end, I wanted something smaller and lighter. Either way, both the X-T3 and A7III are really solid examples of both platforms at the moment. You can't go wrong either way.

That's my old(but like new) 14mm that shipped out today to you. AKA matsu131.

Yeah, what's up? I thought it was supposed to be here today! ;) Looks like USPS is taking the scenic route from SoCal. Had I know you where down there, I might have just picked it up when I was visiting Orange County...

DSCF3589_EX4.jpg

Back