GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

I've got a 2 lens good coming, one for the Nikon 18-55 AF-P lens and another for the Oly 17/1.8.

Then, I found a great deal on a Helios 44-2 58mm f/2 with m42 to Nikon f mount. On its way here from Ukraine.

Also picked up the other 2 digiFilm that I did not get originally with my Yashica Y35.

I don't believe any other lens manufacturers ever came up with any equivalent feature to Pentax's Quick-shift ability. It's yet another example of an old and occasionally quirky camera and lens company creating a product which was designed with photographer's needs in mind. I honestly wasn't initially familiar with it until buying my first Quick-shift lens recently...but now I've become semi-addicted ;)

I had Canon lenses which did this. Canon called it full time manual focus. And any focus by wire lens should be capable of this also.

Won a black Oly E-P3 on fleabay at a good price (a tad over $200 AUD). As well as the 14-42 kit lens it comes with the Pany 14mm f2.5 pancake which will make a discreet street unit. Have also bought extension tubes to try some macro again. If they don't work I have a few 50mm manual (35mm film) lenses to try or if I find a good s/h unit an Oly 30mm macro. Also got a new/old stock grip for $20. And I thought I was finished with ILC's.

Won a black Oly E-P3 on fleabay at a good price (a tad over $200 AUD). As well as the 14-42 kit lens it comes with the Pany 14mm f2.5 pancake which will make a discreet street unit. Have also bought extension tubes to try some macro again. If they don't work I have a few 50mm manual (35mm film) lenses to try or if I find a good s/h unit an Oly 30mm macro. Also got a new/old stock grip for $20. And I thought I was finished with ILC's.

That E-P3 is a looker. Congrats.

Well I'm on my 4th Rokinon 12mm. The first one was great but I sold it foolishly. Didn't think I would miss it with the 16 in the bag but I was wrong. I then got two in a a row that were very loose, so hoping this is my first one coming back to me. Also picked up a copy of Capture One Fuji Pro. That should keep me busy.

Blasted!

I simply don't know what it is about the winter but I always get mad GAS around January. Ever since I "picked" up photography hobby in 2016. First it was the Fuji X100T on Jan 1, 2016. Then in January 2017 I just had to get a Fuji X-T1 to taste the ILC world again. Then in January 2018 it was Olympus PEN-F that I had to get (finally bought it after brutal fights in Feb '18...)

And now there's the Leica MP 240 with my name on it, playing its siren song to me. I absolutely mustn't... but should I not delay the inevitable? Certainly... argh. Lock me up and throw away the key :)

It doesn't help one bit that on Tuesday I received a hefty tax return and tomorrow it'll be the paycheck that hits my checking account...

Edit: started a new thread for this, seeing some potential

Last edited:
Super excited that my Rolleiflex now has a baby

DSC03592.jpg

Walked out of the camera store today with the Nikon 35/1.8S in z mount.

Didn't mean to, but I was going through the business books today and saw that I either don't the money on gear, or give it to the tax man.

It's been raining constantly since 7am this morning. The only thing I was able to grab were a few pics of my dogs. I'll post those soon.

Some filters: A 72mm Hoya Pro1 HMC for my Nikon 24-70mm f/4 - because I really, really dislike the hood design, but still want a bit of protection for the front element - the Pro1 line is by all accounts the equal of the Pro1 Super line in terms of quality, even though the latter costs just about twice as much. And - more importantly in the long run, I guess - a NiSi Starter Kit - to finally up my landscape photography (i.e. take myself somewhat more seriously as a fledgling landscape photographer).

M.

Back