GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

Arrived in the mail today :cloud-9-039:
20190103_182727.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I was waiting for it due to close mft, but I am still using the Contax g 45mm esp after finding a M mount converted one... Leica finder is for RX1R II to see if I can use it as 50mm crop...

I love my Contax G 45mm but only have the Kipon manual adapter which is quite tricky to mf. I wanted the 40mm Zeiss to use as I would the RX1 with the close focus on that 35mm at times and faster af for using with little Lucy and generally as an all rounder. I rarely take the RX1 as my only camera as the VF is fiddly/fragile and I like to have better low light capability when I'm using it on holidays.

I think you chose wisely - and Luke did help. My take is easy to illustrate:

View attachment 192145

Small lenses are a boon - and good as the FZ1000 basically is, its portablility is, shall we say, limited; put differently, I generally pick up a FF camera with nice glass whenever I'm fine with that kind of size (at the moment, that means the Z 6 with 24-70mm). But for walk-around shooting, I usually take something smaller - the A7 II represents a kind of upper limit there. In short, I wouldn't use the FZ1000 as an EDC.

The X-E3, on the other hand, would certainly fit that purpose - and the A7 might, too.

The Samyang 35mm f/2.8 is my most used lens on the A7 II, giving me a really compact FF package with my favourite FoV, sufficiently good AF and very nice IQ. And the A7 is even smaller ...

Still, the FZ1000 will probably survive all forthcoming purges because it's so useful - and so cheap; it's a "no worries" camera in all respects but low light.

M.
The Samyang arrived. Really light and the images look pretty sharp. I may actually use the A7 now. (y)

The Panasonic FZ1000 is a beefy unit, indeed. By the time the battery charged, the sun was going down....blasted off a few images using the "rough mono" art filter, and I dig the look. Some more "proper" playing around and testing tomorrow.

Rough mono is my favourite Panny filter. I use it a lot with my LX100.

A good-condition Jupiter-8 LTM. It's my first fifty since 2017 when I dabbled with Fujinon 35/1.4 and determined I'm not a fifty guy. As such, I don't put much pressure on the lens performance. I will probably be very pleasantly surprised...

As a side note my dear DAC in my hifi setup gave up ghost again. Only this time it can't be serviced in Finland at least. Ten years ago this would have been an utmost situation of the highest priority to fix ASAP by getting something extravagant; currently I'm satisfied running my PC's sound card as my digital source.

I can only hope I can feel about cameras the same way in the future.

A good-condition Jupiter-8 LTM. It's my first fifty since 2017 when I dabbled with Fujinon 35/1.4 and determined I'm not a fifty guy. As such, I don't put much pressure on the lens performance. I will probably be very pleasantly surprised...

As a side note my dear DAC in my hifi setup gave up ghost again. Only this time it can't be serviced in Finland at least. Ten years ago this would have been an utmost situation of the highest priority to fix ASAP by getting something extravagant; currently I'm satisfied running my PC's sound card as my digital source.

I can only hope I can feel about cameras the same way in the future.
Good luck with that, I didn't manage for the last 25 years :).

Two new lens hoods. Decided to go with lens hoods instead of clear filters to protect my lenses. Will see how it plays out. The two new ones are:

JJC LH-J40B (replaces the Olympus LH-40B) for the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm f1.8 lens at a cost of AUD $22.36; and a
JJC LH-J48B (replaces the Olympus LH-48B) for the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17 mm f1.8 at a cost of AUD $34.49.

Back