GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

From time to time I've given consideration to jumping back into Fujiland. Fuji has some excellent glass. Trouble is I like the grip on the G80 and A7II, and the only Fuji camera with a similar grip is the X-H1, which is too big for me. An aftermarket grip just adds a lot of unnecessary bulk, IMO.

In my never-ending quest to try every compact camera ever made I picked up an Olympus Stylus 1 on Ebay for $300. Yup, Olympus managed to cram in their very complicated menus and controls. I had to watch Ralfs Foto-Bude on YouTube for an introduction to getting started. It probably helps to be a German engineer to use this camera.

In my never-ending quest to try every compact camera ever made I picked up an Olympus Stylus 1 on Ebay for $300. Yup, Olympus managed to cram in their very complicated menus and controls. I had to watch Ralfs Foto-Bude on YouTube for an introduction to getting started. It probably helps to be a German engineer to use this camera.
Nice compact. I liked everything except the small sensor results.

From time to time I've given consideration to jumping back into Fujiland. Fuji has some excellent glass. Trouble is I like the grip on the G80 and A7II, and the only Fuji camera with a similar grip is the X-H1, which is too big for me. An aftermarket grip just adds a lot of unnecessary bulk, IMO.
I have managed to pick up an XE3 and XH1 and a new 27. The XH1 is so nice to use but the XE3 is so small and light. Complementary bodies in many ways.

Enjoying my new to me RX100 M5. Posed here in front of one of my favorite "at home" still life settings with new Gordy wrist strap.
. . . David

I decided to pursue my landscaping a bit less accidental while strolling and a bit more purposely. So I ordered
  • a Laowa 7.5
  • a 3 Legged Thing Corey travel tripod (I didn’t like my older tripod sticking out above my backpack while hiking) and
  • a Lee Seven5 filter system because I’ll mainly stay in small camera and prime land, or else the 100 system would be better.

It’s all slowly arriving. Now hoping for good spring weather.

Next step in the great purge: five lenses gone, two new ones in. I decided to get rid of most of my set of primes for Nikon F mount and switch to Z mount up to 50mm; meaning: Nikon 35mm f/1.8G ED, Nikon 50mm f/1.8G, Sigma 24mm f/1.4 Art, Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 gone, Nikon Z 35mm f/1.8 S and Nikon Z 50mm f/1.8 S in the bag; haven't had the time to test them thoroughly, but what I see so far is fully convincing (especially from the 50mm - that's one heck of a performer).

The long lenses (60mm and up) stay - the Z mount isn't going to offer any real advantages in that regard for quite some time. It's possible I'll get the Z 24mm f/1.8 S once it's released - which would mean letting go of the Samyang 24mm f/2.8 FE as well, so that'd be a one-on-one switch. But the Z 14-30mm f/4 S is also a contender - though in that case I'd keep the Samyang; it's a handy little lens, if optically a bit weaker than most of my other full frame lenses - but it can render pleasing images.

M.

A refurbed Panasonic TZ90 and I am already having buyer's remorse. Not because of the spend, but because I didnt take the time to go and fiddle with one in the B&M stores. Its so chunky compared to the TZ60 (which I have sent to live with my cousin who was in need). Just not what I expected. I think I will sell it on.

Next step in the great purge: five lenses gone, two new ones in. I decided to get rid of most of my set of primes for Nikon F mount and switch to Z mount up to 50mm; meaning: Nikon 35mm f/1.8G ED, Nikon 50mm f/1.8G, Sigma 24mm f/1.4 Art, Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 gone, Nikon Z 35mm f/1.8 S and Nikon Z 50mm f/1.8 S in the bag; haven't had the time to test them thoroughly, but what I see so far is fully convincing (especially from the 50mm - that's one heck of a performer).

I currently shoot Sony (A7ii), but had a play with the Z6 today while putting in my preorder for the Ricoh GRiii. Wel, I must say, I was very impressed. Excellent build quality, great feel, and the AF seemed very snappy. EVF was really nice too. Tried it with both the 24-70 and 50mm S lenses. Very impressed with them as well.

I think you made a good choice selling of the F gear for replacements in the S line.

Back