GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

Took advantage of the Fuji instant savings and picked up a 90/2 for US$250 off normal pricing, should be arriving tomorrow or Wednesday. Will also be getting a simple and low-cost 3-light kit in the next week or two, to help get better light for tabletop photos.

Have been wanting one of these for some time. This one is 99% and coming my way .... :D

View attachment 195028
Got it today and it's really fresh! Really liking the I.Q. of this little guy with the XC16-50 II lens ....

Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

SOOC JPEG

You have jumped back into the Fuji waters with both feet. Nice score.

It's funny, but I didn't think there would be that big a difference between the Fuji and the Olympus m43 stuff.

Fuji has come a long way since the X-E1.
I still think that the m43 in S-AF still has a slight edge, but the X-E3 with the newer lenses is almost indistinguishable. The Fuji has actual PDAF C-AF, where as my PEN-F does not.

I thought that I would have issue not having IBIS, but the OIS on the 18-55 and 55-200 are just fine. The adapted lenses and primes are working just fine.

The thing that I am loving is the film simulations. So much easier getting the looks I want with the Fuji X-E3, even though the PEN-F technically has a more robust process...perhaps it is overkill on the Olympus.

I've always loved the Fuji ergonomics (I'm a big fan of hte Nikon Df), but was put out by the system and AF performance. The newest generation has addressed all of my issues. The only small thing that I wish Fuji would address is battery life. They still lag behind my Olympus stuff.

The Voigtländer 35mm f/2 Ultron (the newly issued "vintage" one) arrived today.

Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's small, yet dense and well made (Voigtländer lenses usually are); first shots indicate that it's nice and sharp wide open, up to the edges (I haven't had any chance to test corners yet), but suffers from pronounced vignetting. Not a dealbreaker for me at all - it clears up by f/4, anyway. Of course, I still have to determine how good it really is and will keep testing it in the next couple of days; in use however, it's shaping up very nicely. It's smaller and lighter than the Zeiss C Biogon 35mm f/2.8 - and lighter than the 7Artisans 35mm f/2, yet better behaved and sharper wide open, with better contrast. I'm pretty sure the Zeiss will keep its position as best compact 35mm in my collection (it's hard to beat, even in absolute terms), but the Voigtländer may well prove to be an even more versatile lens.

35mm nut. I know. But I love it.

M.

Everyone's into their top loaders here in Australia, but I've gone back
It's kinda the opposite here in Finland. Front-loaders are considered the quality ones and toploaders are for the poor or something. I also have a Bosch frontloader. Nice machine, not that my single life style would be particularly demanding. Will most likely buy a toploader for space efficiency once I move towns. In fact, it was about the cheapest frontloader at the time I looked for one so it happened to be Bosch.

Am I assuming correctly that a washing machine relates to GAS in the same manner my relatively new saying goes, "good photographers let their pants go dirty, really great photographers let their jackets go too" :)

No doubt my images would ramp up in quality were I to apply that methodoly but...alas, I'm too old for that now. I'm already imagining my sore back and feet as a result of all that.
I celebrated my 60th birthday this morning with a long hike. Now the inflammation in my foot is giving me fits. There have been many times after a long hike or bike ride that my body seems to say "You know you're not 20 any more.". It hurts sometimes, but I don't plan on stopping any time soon. I'd go mad if I did.

I celebrated my 60th birthday this morning with a long hike. Now the inflammation in my foot is giving me fits. There have been many times after a long hike or bike ride that my body seems to say "You know you're not 20 any more.". It hurts sometimes, but I don't plan on stopping any time soon. I'd go mad if I did.
To have pains in the foot as well as back pain (obligatory when you're a member of team tall) reminds me I'm not 20 alright. Happy birthday.

Hmmmmm .... you "youngsters" with pains. Just wait 'till you're 74! Better have some "P"s or "V"s on hand!
BTW - Happy Birthday :p

Back