GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

I celebrated my 60th birthday this morning with a long hike. Now the inflammation in my foot is giving me fits. There have been many times after a long hike or bike ride that my body seems to say "You know you're not 20 any more.". It hurts sometimes, but I don't plan on stopping any time soon. I'd go mad if I did.
A belated happy birthday Tony!:drinks:

Since I decided to try the two bodies two primes route afterall. I grabbed one of these for a steal. The lady also included 3 126s batteries and a Flashpoint TTL flash.
ifjxt2bg.jpg

fplfsmminifu_1.jpg

Just picked up a Pana GF1 for $150AUD ($100USD). About what it's worth except this GF1 has a full spectrum conversion (or more accurately a broad spectrum conversion).

To clarify, the hot-mirror filter in front of the sensor has been replaced with clear glass so IR and UV are no longer blocked. Mount an appropriate filter in front of the lens and you have a range of IR sensitivities from enhanced colour to deep black and white. You can also fit an external hot-mirror filter for normal rgb (pointless in my case) or a UV pass filter - expensive and good for CSI. Exposure times are not affected and focussing with mirrorless is fine too unlike a dslr.

I can use my m4/3 lenses (14-150, 30 and 60) and I saved $350USD on the conversion. Can't wait for it to arrive.

After going through 2 iterations of used Nikon 70-200 VR lenses, finally decided to get the Tamron 70-200/2.8 VC G2 & TAP-In Console. More than happy with it as I needed a lens to work properly with not only my DSLRs but the Z6 and FTZ.

If you'd like, you can read about it over here:

Warning, it is a long and ponderous read, but I was nice enough to give you a "bottom line" and some images to look at if you don't want to put yourself to sleep.

Fuji 16 f2.8 arrived yesterday. Super build quality and precise controls, but "soft" in it's IQ. Needs a bit of preset and/or post sharpening to produce what I feel is acceptable.
DSCF0085-half.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OOC with +2 Sharp, focused on large rock in center.

My X-M1 likes it! (y)

T3300868-1920.jpg

Last edited:
Retired the Fuji X30, it served me well, but the files just weren't holding up anymore. Picked up a used Sony RX100M3. Previous owner was a bit slobbish - it only had a cheap Sony brand LCD protector on it (and it wasn't really well sealed, plenty of crud and light marks behind it). Replaced that with tempered glass, added the grip and bought a dual charger with some third-party batteries. Still need a strap, but none of my triangular spare rings are making it through those tiny lug points - so that's in the mail. Still figuring out the settings, but took some test shots which I'll post in the Image forum; working my way through RAW files right now.

Edited to add: the Firmware process was about as slow as the proverbial boat from you-know-where. It was agonizing watching that process bar march across the screen.

Last edited:
After mounting an AD600 light with large modifier on one of the old stands I used with my speedlights. Watching it bend, start to tip over even with a weight, and hearing it groan. Then immediately panicking. I decided it best to grab another c stand. Although I have to say that the old $20 speedight stands were ok with the light and strip box.

51LCTb6L3qL._SX679_.jpg

Just picked up a Pana GF1 for $150AUD ($100USD). About what it's worth except this GF1 has a full spectrum conversion (or more accurately a broad spectrum conversion).

To clarify, the hot-mirror filter in front of the sensor has been replaced with clear glass so IR and UV are no longer blocked. Mount an appropriate filter in front of the lens and you have a range of IR sensitivities from enhanced colour to deep black and white. You can also fit an external hot-mirror filter for normal rgb (pointless in my case) or a UV pass filter - expensive and good for CSI. Exposure times are not affected and focussing with mirrorless is fine too unlike a dslr.

I can use my m4/3 lenses (14-150, 30 and 60) and I saved $350USD on the conversion. Can't wait for it to arrive.

GF1 arrived today and it is in 'mint' condition. No marks anywhere. First shot came up as #17 so I suspect it may be a pro conversion that didn't sell. Tried to read shutter count but with my PD that was never going to work (pushing combinations of 3 tiny buttons simultaneously :flypig: ).

My filters to fit m4/3 lenses are still in the mail so here is a sooc jpg with all wavelengths.

P1020020.JPG

Back