GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

Lumix X 45-175 NIB, $240 shipped! Really jazzed over this one!
Simply perfect on my GX8.

View attachment 199660And for the Dinner date, the Df steps out with a couple of beauties. The 50 1.4 n Ai and the 135 3.5 n Ai. The 105 2.5 an Ai lens and dressed all in black. I'll show her next time.

Very nice. I had the non-Ai NPK Nikkor-S 50/1.4 and non-Ai NPK Nikkor-Q 135/3.5 back when I had the Df. Beautiful lenses. IMHO they work well with the Df sensor and look "right" on the camera.

Well I might have let myself get carried away...

In a short period of time:

• Cosina Voigtländer lenses 21/3.5 Color-Skopar,
  • and 50/3.5 Heliar.
  • A plastic Leica 21mm viewfinder.
  • LFI subscription and a print of 2009 LFI magazines.
  • Leica Elmar-C 90 f/4.

That Heliar is a nice lens, works well on my Fujis and the Z6.

Is the Color-Skopar the new Vintage Line version? How are you liking the lens?

That Elmar 90mm does look the business but would only duplicate my Tokina 100mm macro. Which is AF n’all. Trying to avoid duplication at the minute.
Not to fuel GAS, but the Elmar-C is an amazing lens, especially for the price it usually goes for online. That said, the 90mm f/2.8 Elmarit-M beats it and isn't extremely expensive either - but that lens is as heavy and probably almost as big as your Tokina ...

I consider the Elmar-C a real sleeper in 90mm M mount land. But it's not a "necessary" lens - as, IMO, the Heliar may turn out to be.

@mike3996 I'm also interested in hearing your assessment of the Color-Skopar. I have the older 21mm f/4 pancake and quite like it; it's sharp and contrasty and a joy to use - but it has a couple of irritating flaws like cyan corners in certain circumstances (and when uncorrected), so I'd really like to know how the new lens fares.

M.

Not to fuel GAS, but the Elmar-C is an amazing lens, especially for the price it usually goes for online. That said, the 90mm f/2.8 Elmarit-M beats it and isn't extremely expensive either - but that lens is as heavy and probably almost as big as your Tokina ...

I consider the Elmar-C a real sleeper in 90mm M mount land. But it's not a "necessary" lens - as, IMO, the Heliar may turn out to be.
That's ok. I'm at that, what you would probably consider early stage where I haven't come out of that complex with long FL and tiny RF framelines.

@mike3996 I'm also interested in hearing your assessment of the Color-Skopar. I have the older 21mm f/4 pancake and quite like it; it's sharp and contrasty and a joy to use - but it has a couple of irritating flaws like cyan corners in certain circumstances (and when uncorrected), so I'd really like to know how the new lens fares.
Yes, I did read something somewhere about the Color-Skopar not being that amenable to digital RFs, (something about the lens base being too close to the sensor or soething like that?). So I got the Zeiss Biogon 21mm instead which is wonderful, so much so that I sold my equivalent 20mm Nikkor F1.8G, a superb lens. Used, it's a quarter of the price of the Super Elmar. There's something about focusing the RF patch and then composing with the external VF which is very enjoyable.

There's something about focusing the RF patch and then composing with the external VF which is very enjoyable.
Yes! When I had the Laowa 7.5mm for M43 I quickly realized that ultra-wides and TTL don't mix well when you want to focus critically. Focus peaking, magnifiers, all pretty useless. Only the lensless RF focusing works -- the wider the FL, the bigger margin it wins by.

And optical viewfinders are wonderful because you have the frameline preview at your disposal -- avoid needless lens switching.

A couple of darker backdrops. And a much needed sturdy third stand. I used the low cost stands from Amazon for years. The $15-$20 models. Never thinking twice about them. Once I used a ver solid stand. Then tried using one of my older stands and seeing how much play/movement they have. And how unstable they really are. It made me cringe to use even with just a reflector. Now, I'm not saying people shouldn't use them. Everyone has a starting point. This is more a case where once you go further into thier gear. Some things are harder to go back to.
61phz93srXL._SL1200_.jpg

61-q6d%2BDhkL._SL1000_.jpg

61mupGJreIL._SL1500_.jpg

Back