GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

This is why my X-T20 is for sale .....
T6271058.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I went a little crazy on evilbay a few weeks ago...

First up an Nikon 85mm f2 - bit rough cosmetically but glass seems OK...

pHPpIyJgcYIV13E7uga6OnKOE9KEoyAqKFu5w=w868-h651-no.jpg

And a Nikon 200mm f4 Micro-Nikkor - little smaller than photos would lead you to suggest, pretty sure my Kiron 105mm f2.8 is heavier - still, keen to get this out in summer on the E-M1...

gIeeB58APQFt8bMu8D-hnTh3VU2spw1vTMXgw=w868-h651-no.jpg

I went a little crazy on evilbay a few weeks ago...

First up an Nikon 85mm f2 - bit rough cosmetically but glass seems OK...

View attachment 200699

And a Nikon 200mm f4 Micro-Nikkor - little smaller than photos would lead you to suggest, pretty sure my Kiron 105mm f2.8 is heavier - still, keen to get this out in summer on the E-M1...

View attachment 200700
Look forward to seeing images from that 85.

My wife has come along to a few photography meetups recently, and after the most recent she asked whether I had a spare camera that she could use - the iPhone has some limitations. After checking what she wanted to capture, I passed my LX100 on to her. She is very happy with it. 😇 However, it's a useful little camera so I did feel some regret at my generosity. 🙁

Fortunately I found a nice D-Lux (typ 109) at a very nice price - think of a number, then subtract about 500. I didn't resist the #GAS for long so now I have a sorta LX100 again, but with a red dot so we don't grab the wrong camera. I've copied all my settings across from the LX100 and am good to go again! 😁

I suppose if we're admitting to GAS then I should also admit that I've bought the Leica D-Lux grip and a leather skin for it - both improve the handling. 😎

Picked these up on the current sale and cashing in my Adorama points. I'm thinking adding a second wing, using both vertically, will make for awesome headshot lighting. That is a little different from eleventybillion Peter Hurley imitations out there.

gluwl60w.jpg

fprrr2prof.jpg

I picked up the 7Artisans 35mm f/1.2; being able to shoot some of the more interesting lenses for APS-C (like the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 C I also acquired) was the major motivation for getting an APS-C mirrorless in the first place.

DSC_2605.jpg

Now, in clear contrast to the Sigma 30mm mentioned above, this little lens is far from perfect (the Sigma comes impressively close) - but it's a wonderful creative tool. the combo you see in the image is now my choice of cheap and small EDC (whenever I don't feel like carrying the M8 or opt for the convenience of a zoom with the G1X III that's also my most compact option, this is what I'm going to carry).

I had thought it would be - at the worst - a fun toy; however, it's much more than that: The lens sharpens up beautifully at f/4 and is a solid performer at f/5.6; wide open, it's dreamy and downright charming with a pleasing overall look to the files. Those are not clean by any means - there are all sorts of abberations and optical flaws - but they do look nice. So, my kind of lens for the more playful moments in photography (i.e. those I do like above all others) - not as good as the 35mm f/2 for M mount, but seriously rewarding in use.

M.

Went a little crazy and sold my Nikon D800 and Leica M9 and bought a Nikon Z7 and pre-ordered the new Leica M-E.
I saw the Z cameras the other day, I'd seen pictures of them online obviously but I didn't realise how small they were! Very appealing, something to use for adapted lenses too as an alternative to an A7. I can hold back on the GAS for the time being though at least until 2020. That Nikkor 50mm f1.2 AF lens which you'll be able to use with the camera's inbuilt stablilisation is the one which will probably break me.

I saw the Z cameras the other day, I'd seen pictures of them online obviously but I didn't realise how small they were! Very appealing, something to use for adapted lenses too as an alternative to an A7. I can hold back on the GAS for the time being though at least until 2020. That Nikkor 50mm f1.2 AF lens which you'll be able to use with the camera's inbuilt stablilisation is the one which will probably break me.

Here in Denmark they have a 3000kr (around 450 USD) discount on the Z7 kit with adapter and 24-70mm f4 lens plus a free 64GB QXD card and I bought an adapter to use my leica fit lenses on the Z7 so it was too good to pass up.

I can't say it's out of the realm of possibility for me to get the 23mm/50mm f2. Even though I have the 23 1.4 and 56 1.2. Those lenses have their own magic. And they're weather sealed.

If I hadn't gotten such a good deal on the 35/1.4 used , I would have picked up the 35/2 as well. The weather sealing for on the XPRO2 is where it is at for me for these X cams. The XPRO2 is great for hiking when I want to go lighter.

Back