GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

Changing up the gear bags. Got a couple of Think Tank Mirrorless Movers.
mirrorless-mover10-3.jpg

Mirrorless-Mover-pewter-new-color.jpg

Would you believe ............. another X-T10? Looking back, it was my very first Fuji, and after owning 2 X-T20s, an X-E3, 3 X-T1s, an X-M1, an X-T30 AND an X-T3, I'm back to owning an X-T10. Still have the X-T3 and the X-M1, but am seriously considering selling the ............. X-T3! Go figure that!

A nearly new Panasonic Leica 15mm f1.7 lens ......... quite nice images I must say.(y)

The PL (Panasonic/Leica) 15mm lens....is an astonishingly great lens. I have a handful of truly fine lenses for my mu43 bodies but the 15mm PL tends to put them all to shame. It also tends to 'grow on one', the more you use it.

Congrats on an excellent purchase ;)

My long time good friend Jeremy, who is a Fuji shooter and former Jeep shop owner. Needs a second X-T2 for video work on their off road events. So, he is buying one of the X-T2s which I have. And I am going to use this as an "excuse" to try running a X-Pro2 side by side with a gripped X-T2 shooting events. Since I have been badly missing shooting with a Pro2. Ever since switching to Fuji, I just can't seem to get along with shooting SLR style bodies anymore. I have two events this weekend, which will give me a great opportunity to see if the different layouts cause issue. Of course, if they do. I very well may unload the other T2 and get a X-E3. Everyone seems to love that camera.

1491495650_1210892.jpg

I ordered a small Rixen & Kaul rigid bike bag to fit on the front of my bike. It's supposed to arrive this weekend. I also arranged to trade my X-T2, 18-55, and 55-200 for a mint Lumix GX9. I like the XF 55-200 IQ, but the size & weight are not the best fit for a small bike bag. It's also not a lot of fun riding with it slung over my shoulder. I've had very little success capturing wildlife or bird images beyond my front yard, so away it goes. I'm keeping the X100S, since I like it more than the X-T2. I've considered a lot of different combinations for a compact riding combination, and after looking through some of the files from my past Lumix cameras, I decided to go for the GX9.

I mentioned this on another thread, but I got a used Leica X 113 this past week. I've wanted one for some time and couldn't afford it, but found a good deal I was able to snap up. I'm more than satisfied with the files from it, and perhaps more importantly, I enjoy shooting with it. I just find the simplicity of the operation (with the OVF I got for my X1) a delight. I'm unlikely to spend five or six hundred dollars for its dedicated EVF. I've heard it's wonderful, but...., And I do like the immediacy of the OVF. Why don't a have a Fuji X100F, then. I tried it, and we just didn't get along. Quirky as they are, even infuriating to some, the Leica X series cameras are just things I really get along with. A real rangefinder would delight me even more, but then you are getting into the M system, and I can't spend several months income on that. No accounting for taste, and I know the very idea of the Leica X's make some people angry, but the best camera is the one I want to pick up and shoot with, and right now that would be the X 113.

Bought on evilbay 4-5 weeks ago but just arrived. Thought I'd pair it with something a little odd (its not at all unbalanced!) -

KjX5C8ynZOCJwLkc8RQP1jM0jkUbsOpdp6C0A=w868-h651-no.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

FUY5CzNH36WM2D3gn-wDKVT4-KzG-QbUGBC5Q=w868-h651-no.jpg

Tf6FqHlsqhyq_ovcNqTdSdMtjJ-QamU9VkuFA=w868-h651-no.jpg

The adapters were shot with the Nikon lens (at f5.6) and roughly the same distance away - so the Viltrox with a cheap Nikon/M43 adapter and the cheap Nikon/M43 adapter was shot with the Viltrox. I didn't adjust the IS so theres not a lot of point zooming in. Intrigued to try this out on some of my lenses over the next few months.

Uh oh, this just hopped into my cart . . .

s-l1600.jpg

I knew I sometimes wanted something wider than the 23mm f2 on the X100S, and despite favorable reviews, I didn't think I'd be content with the Panasonic 12-32, as low light capability is important to me. The only other viable options were the Olympus 12mm f2 (perhaps too wide, and no aperture ring), and the Lumix 14mm 2.5 (so-so IQ). I've decided my walk-around kit is going to be the GX9 with the PL 15 for wide angles and the film Pen F 38 mm 1.8 for my short telephoto. The 38/1.8 has been sitting on the shelf behind me for over a year with a PF-m43 adapter attached . . . I blame it for the GX9 purchase.

Retirement is just a bit over a month away, and I decided I wanted a small camera with small lenses for my walking/biking around kit. Hopefully this setup will provide me many years of quality use.

Uh oh, this just hopped into my cart . . .

View attachment 204319

I knew I sometimes wanted something wider than the 23mm f2 on the X100S, and despite favorable reviews, I didn't think I'd be content with the Panasonic 12-32, as low light capability is important to me. The only other viable options were the Olympus 12mm f2 (perhaps too wide, and no aperture ring), and the Lumix 14mm 2.5 (so-so IQ). I've decided my walk-around kit is going to be the GX9 with the PL 15 for wide angles and the film Pen F 38 mm 1.8 for my short telephoto. The 38/1.8 has been sitting on the shelf behind me for over a year with a PF-m43 adapter attached . . . I blame it for the GX9 purchase.

Retirement is just a bit over a month away, and I decided I wanted a small camera with small lenses for my walking/biking around kit. Hopefully this setup will provide me many years of quality use.
Of course it did, Tony. It is a lovely teeny tiny lens!:bravo-009:

Sure, I am hoping to get a chance to really play with it this weekend, I will be using it with a SonyA7R III now but switching to the A7RIV in a few weeks

Back