GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

Despite the fact that I no longer take photographs, I've been hankering for one of these for a few years. I'm going to try to reconnect to my inner creative that has been in hibernation for a few years. If there's no real photography taking place within a couple months, I'll just put it back on eBay and consider it a rental.
P9890002.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yesterday I received my $0.99 spirit level. It doesn't sit tightly on the hot shoe but it sure is a nice addition.

And today, after a long wait I received my Summilux 50 and the Voigtländer 75 Color-Heliar. Both are in absolutely stellar condition and the pristine 50 Summilux really teaches the true meaning of build quality in a lens. (My 35 Summicron's built in ~1996 is my first Leica M lens but it's very beat up.)

Haven't mounted them yet -- I'm supposed to be working. In this giddy state of anticipation, very hard.

The fifty really is stellar looking. Never have I seen the scripts on the lens rear cap so clearly when I inspected the lens against light.

And immediately the one item of worry vanishes as I try the focusing ring. There's no such friction (stiction) or rough movement on the focusing as people say. I guess it's a problem for folks who are able to buy these things brand new. :) It's as smooth as the 50 Heliar if not smoother. A very welcome thing that the Nokton wasn't as nice about.

I found a nifty copy of a lens I've had my eye on for awhile - Pentax's diminutive portrait lens, the venerable DA 70 - but what really got to me I think was the cool silver finish of the lens: most of my lenses are classic flat black, but this one kind of stood out. With an FOV that's the equivalent of the old 105mm Super Takumar I used to shoot (extensively) with in the analog days, it's more of a telephoto than I've been using recently - but I'm willing to give it a try. Plus...doesn't that silver finish look rather cool? (Note: it has a nifty push-pull-permanently attached lenshood...one less thing to lose)

KP+DA70.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I found a nifty copy of a lens I've had my eye on for awhile - Pentax's diminutive portrait lens, the venerable DA 70 - but what really got to me I think was the cool silver finish of the lens: most of my lenses are classic flat black, but this one kind of stood out. With an FOV that's the equivalent of the old 105mm Super Takumar I used to shoot (extensively) with in the analog days, it's more of a telephoto than I've been using recently - but I'm willing to give it a try. Plus...doesn't that silver finish look rather cool? (Note: it has a nifty push-pull-permanently attached lenshood...one less thing to lose)

View attachment 205724

The FA and DA Limiteds are something else, aren't they? Happy shooting! :cool:

Bought a couple of random LTM-M adapter rings, see if one of those was thinner and fixed the frontfocus on my new and sensational 75mm.

Also just for a whim, bought a set of rear lens caps as it's a bit of a juggle with M39 and M lenses with their caps.

The FA and DA Limiteds are something else, aren't they? Happy shooting! :cool:

I couldn't agree with you more.

For too many decades to start counting, Pentax has, it seems, always had a fondness for smallish beautifully crafted prime lenses. Many of the FA's are legendary. I currently now have 3 DA Ltds - the DA 21 (which for many years was the favorite carry-everywhere lens of one of my favorite photographers, Tyler Monson) - the DA 40 Ltd - and now the DA 70. I know lots of photographers talk about a Trinity of prime lenses - but for me, so far, these 3 are quite amazing.

The DA 15 also has a serious reputation. Hmmmmm.....maybe someday.........

Picked up another Canon G9X, this time in black. One of our community members saw my post mentioning that the first G9X, that I bought from here in our classifieds forum went to my wife but if I come across another one I'll likely pick it up, and sent me a PM that they had a black G9X that they weren't using. A quick PayPal payment and a few days later a new toy arrived. I've been playing with the 'miniature effect' scene way too much. 😆

The Canon software limits names to be 10 characters or less so this one is "NsyCrckt2".

Picked up another Canon G9X, this time in black. One of our community members saw my post mentioning that the first G9X, that I bought from here in our classifieds forum and went to my wife but if I come across another one I'll likely pick it up, and sent me a PM that they had a black G9X that they weren't using. A quick PayPal payment and a few days later a new toy arrived. I've been playing with the 'miniature effect' scene way to much. 😆

The Canon software limits names to be 10 characters or less so this one is "NsyCrckt2".

LOL I got that reference. 👽

Back