GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

Not an acquisition per se but donated to Joao for his great and free film emulation styles, that I have used devotedly since summer 2017. Over at darktable there's no vast markets for quality presets, free or paid, like for Lightroom. At the same time in 2017 I was still rocking the Fujifilm and its wonderful JPEGs -- the transition towards Leica and raw development would have been very rocky if not for the "t3mujinpack".

It wasn't the siren song of the X-E3 since I like big cameras for my big hands. It was bumping into an X-H1 used a good price. I just need to find time to get out and shoot....too busy with work and dog-sitting.
To be honest, I'm after the lens as well as the camera myself - but I also want the compact package. Not that I really need it, what with the G1X III and all, but it was the nicest small-ish combo I've held and handled for quite a while. However, I'm setting my sights for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 III - it'll most probably replace my GX9, a camera that, in spite of its numerous strong points, I can't seem to like as much as any of its predecessors ... Just my luck, I guess.

M.

To be honest, I'm after the lens as well as the camera myself - but I also want the compact package. Not that I really need it, what with the G1X III and all, but it was the nicest small-ish combo I've held and handled for quite a while. However, I'm setting my sights for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 III - it'll most probably replace my GX9, a camera that, in spite of its numerous strong points, I can't seem to like as much as any of its predecessors ... Just my luck, I guess.

M.

It seems like the only system that is not in your signature yet......it must be destiny.

It seems like the only system that is not in your signature yet......it must be destiny.
I was totally prepared to let go of *all* my Sony/E mount stuff to make room! That is, until I found out that the Z6 isn't at all fun to use with adapted lenses (and, not to put too fine a point on it, adapted adapters). So, the A7 II stays, if only for that purpose - plus it's the smallest stabilised FF body there is, so that's just as well. The A6000, on the other hand, isn't really worth selling - it's common as dirt in the used market, and I don't even own the kit lens most people seem to want to shoot with it.

In all honesty, if things don't work out with :mu43: till the end of this year, I'll switch to Fuji for my compact system needs, and I'll throw in the A6000 in the trade-in deal (even if it's for laughs alone). But I'm pretty confident that won't happen, so my signature will probably stay as it is. Probably ...

M.

Back