GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

Picked up an Oly E-PL2 body + accessories for $50 ($33 USD) - will save some lens swapping for me.

Just a brief additional thought: when I used my Olympus PL2, I bought the Olympus viewfinder, the VF-2 - which clips into the hot shoe - and it was a wonderful EVF, not merely the equal of but actually superior to many mirrorless EV-F's. If you can find one for a reasonable price, it would enhance the PL2's usability.

A bit stunned that I've just won a Panasonic Gx7 with the 100-300mm lens for $405 AUD ($270 USD).
Shutter count less than 1000 and comes with uv filter and 3 batteries. Below is the actual ebay shot.

I now have 4 m4/3 bodies and 6 lenses. Might have to offload the Sony RX10M3. (y)

s-l1600.jpg

A bit stunned that I've just won a Panasonic Gx7 with the 100-300mm lens for $405 AUD ($270 USD).
Shutter count less than 1000 and comes with uv filter and 3 batteries. Below is the actual ebay shot.

I now have 4 m4/3 bodies and 6 lenses. Might have to offload the Sony RX10M3. (y)

View attachment 207366

Congrats! The GX7, in my opinion, was one of the nicest and most thoughtfully designed of Panasonic's relatively modern cameras - and it's a pleasure to shoot with. I predict you will enjoy it :)

I had to add the Samyang 85mm 1.4 FE to complete my Samyang trio of the 18/45/85! The lens looks big, but does not feel that heavy in actual use. The 18mm and 45mm lenses BTW are amazing and sized the way FF lenses should be. I'm not sure why Samyang is the only lens manufacturer who are realizing the potential of small and lightweight FF glass?

Samyang 85mm/45mm/18mm trio mounted on a pair of A7III bodies:
48949767446_c9e7cefd5a_b.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

191023_SAMYANG_TRIO_PHOTOS_FRIOLO_002 by Jonathan Friolo, on Flickr

Last edited:
I haven't been shooting much with my Lumix GX8 lately but am planning on taking it with me for a short trip. Normally my Pana-Leica 15mm lives on the GX8 (one of my favorite micro4/3 lenses ever) but I found myself yearning for the versatility of a zoom for various reasons. Except shooting with good primes sort of spoils a person for most zooms, at least, it has done so with me. But I bit the bullet and bought what I hope will be an exception to the never-quite-as-good-as-the-corresponding-primes Rule: a smallish Lumix 12-35mm zoom, which has that nice f/2.8 aperture.

Here it is -

GX*+12-35.jpg

- and here is one of the first photographs I took with it, earlier today (of a shop window display) -

S-A-L-Esilverefex.jpg

I hope it works out on the trip ;)

I like the 35 1.4 because it works a little better in the evening. I also found a nice used one. Never tried the f2 version.
The 35 1.4 is a fantastic lens. I currently have one. And I have a f2 on the way. With the f2 you get lightning fast AF, weather sealing, and great image quality. I still give the nod to the 1.4 for better image quality. Fuji put some magic in that lens.

Back