GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

A317D3D5-4368-4680-9E42-E390B25A82E7.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My $350 A6000 with the FF Samyang 35 2.8. I may take a few shots for the Vision 2020 challenge with the 45 on this body.

My Olympus MC-20 2x teleconverter arrived today! Now to get some weather that's not so dark and rainy that I can't get a decent shutter speed or stand outdoors without shivering to try it out with both the 40-150 and 300.

I really hadn't planned on returning to this thread anytime soon, but I found a mint Nikon 1 V1 system at an attractive price, and curiosity got the best of me. I've been spending a lot of time reading reviews and user forums, and scouring through Flickr samples. There were negative comments of the usual type found on the Web when people want to trash a product, but plenty of positive comments, too, including the blog of our own @john m flores. It arrived just in time for tomorrow's woodland adventure. We'll see how it goes.

P1011053.JPG

I really hadn't planned on returning to this thread anytime soon, but I found a mint Nikon 1 V1 system at an attractive price, and curiosity got the best of me. I've been spending a lot of time reading reviews and user forums, and scouring through Flickr samples. There were negative comments of the usual type found on the Web when people want to trash a product, but plenty of positive comments, too, including the blog of our own @john m flores. It arrived just in time for tomorrow's woodland adventure. We'll see how it goes.

View attachment 212571
You won't be disappointed - if you set your expectations correctly. This is a simple camera, maybe simplistic, but when used within its limitations, it's a really enjoyable tool. I use it with the two small and inexpensive primes (18.5mm - a gem! - and 10mm) and absolutely like what the camera brings to the table. It's one of the few cameras I never considered moving on ...

M.

You won't be disappointed - if you set your expectations correctly. This is a simple camera, maybe simplistic, but when used within its limitations, it's a really enjoyable tool. I use it with the two small and inexpensive primes (18.5mm - a gem! - and 10mm) and absolutely like what the camera brings to the table. It's one of the few cameras I never considered moving on ...

M.
Thanks Matt. I had yours and John's experiences in mind when I decided to purchase the camera. Plenty of people have had good experiences with 1" sensors, and I wanted something that was compact and had reasonable IQ to carry with me on bike rides.

This was in a car boot sale in South East London and the guy, who really had no idea of its value, said ten pounds. I only got it because the lens on the camera is a Super-Takumar 55mm F2. I know from reviews of this lens as well as my ownership of the Super-Takumar 50mm F1.4 that this is one fine lens, full of radiation filled "character" and zeiss quality bokeh. I don't really need it atm and I don't even have a body, let alone an adapter for it to go on, but could you really walk past it at that price? I thought this kind of luck only happened to other people.

IMG_3781.jpg

I just acquired a minty used Samyang 35mm 1.4 FE lens for my Sony bodies. The lens required a -1 AF fine tune using the USB dock, but now it's spot on. I now have 4 Samyang lenses, which cost less than a one top tier 1st party lens! It seems Samyang has taken over the budget category from Sigma and Sigma is the new Zeiss! :cautious: :roflmao:

83581054_197788234709333_7604193761677017088_n.jpg

I've pulled the trigger on two lenses: the Fujifilm 27mm f/2.8 and the Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f/1.5, both lightly used in great working condition. The two lenses may look quite different, but they're of the same kind: They're compact, yet pretty competent. With the 27mm mounted, the X-E3 finally becomes jacket-pocketable, whereas the Nokton f/1.5 takes over as one of my minimalist two-lens travel combo for M mount (with the Zeiss Biogon C 35mm f/2.8 being its congenial partner), supplanting both the Summicron M 50mm f/2 (because it's faster) and its mightier f/1.2 brother (because it's considerably smaller and lighter) for this specific use case. Add the Fujifilm 18-55mm, and I have a setup with two cameras and four lenses that all fit into my ONA Bowery without any problem: A wonderful setup for city/urban trips with a pretty consistent handling experience and impressive versatility. I'm looking forward to breaking in the lenses - "Single in April 2020" may well feature one of them (probably the 27mm).

M.

I've pulled the trigger on two lenses: the Fujifilm 27mm f/2.8 and the Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f/1.5, both lightly used in great working condition. The two lenses may look quite different, but they're of the same kind: They're compact, yet pretty competent. With the 27mm mounted, the X-E3 finally becomes jacket-pocketable, whereas the Nokton f/1.5 takes over as one of my minimalist two-lens travel combo for M mount (with the Zeiss Biogon C 35mm f/2.8 being its congenial partner), supplanting both the Summicron M 50mm f/2 (because it's faster) and its mightier f/1.2 brother (because it's considerably smaller and lighter) for this specific use case. Add the Fujifilm 18-55mm, and I have a setup with two cameras and four lenses that all fit into my ONA Bowery without any problem: A wonderful setup for city/urban trips with a pretty consistent handling experience and impressive versatility. I'm looking forward to breaking in the lenses - "Single in April 2020" may well feature one of them (probably the 27mm).

M.
The 27mm and 18mm were two of my favorite lenses with the X-E3 and loved that 27mm made it small enough to fit in my "pocket" bag (National Geographic NG1153). I highly recommend it if you want something REALLY small, fits the X-E3 with 1/2 case and 27mm + a spare battery.

This was in a car boot sale in South East London and the guy, who really had no idea of its value, said ten pounds. I only got it because the lens on the camera is a Super-Takumar 55mm F2. I know from reviews of this lens as well as my ownership of the Super-Takumar 50mm F1.4 that this is one fine lens, full of radiation filled "character" and zeiss quality bokeh. I don't really need it atm and I don't even have a body, let alone an adapter for it to go on, but could you really walk past it at that price? I thought this kind of luck only happened to other people.

View attachment 212611
Had exactly this combination in the Seventies. Made some wonderful slides with it.

Back