GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

I would really like to try a foveon sensor camera.
The sensor in combination with those lenses can deliver wonderful results (in the range in which that sensor can deliver).

The photography experience is definitely of a slower kind (and even slower if you develop raw in Sigma Photo pro :-D )
If you don't try to tweak the images too hard and go along with the results they deliver, you can have a fun time though. :)

I recently did a comparison between a DP2M photo of a branch, center-cropped and a zoomed-to-the-right-magnification photo from the Olympus 12-60mm & EM1ii and was shocked how much better the sharpness and micro-contrast of the extremely cropped DP2M photo was.

The sensor in combination with those lenses can deliver wonderful results (in the range in which that sensor can deliver).

The photography experience is definitely of a slower kind (and even slower if you develop raw in Sigma Photo pro :-D )
If you don't try to tweak the images too hard and go along with the results they deliver, you can have a fun time though. :)

I recently did a comparison between a DP2M photo of a branch, center-cropped and a zoomed-to-the-right-magnification photo from the Olympus 12-60mm & EM1ii and was shocked how much better the sharpness and micro-contrast of the extremely cropped DP2M photo was.
As far as I understand the Foveons, I would need to treat them like a camera loaded with 100 or 200 speed film. That can get hard, especially since in the case of the compact cameras they're only f2.8. But when the conditions are ideal, the results I've seen are amazing. I think it would be a bit of a thrill to produce those files myself.

I'm still checking them out, but I believe they are all through the color creator. So any body that has that feature, I can't remember which do and which don't.
Ha, talk about completely missing out on a big feature (or maybe I foolishly dismissed it at the time).

Guess it speaks volumes/adds another volume about the complexity of Olympus cameras that you can go for 7+ years with them and miss so many features :)

Ooops, I did it again :eek-54:. GAS: Please Share your Latest Desires Big and Small

IMG_1859.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I saw this Zeiss lense in a photo shop 🤓 at the town I was born. I resisted the temptation for a long time but eventually gave up when visiting my mother. And I’m glad I did. Gave up, I mean. And of course visiting my old mom.
Just short visit to local gallery and tested the lense. It rings so many bells: solid build, aesthetic with Df, not to mention how it renders. I’m afraid it’s going to be clued on my Df making couple of other gems obsolete 🤔

Last edited:
I saw this Zeiss lense in a photo shop 🤓 at the town I was born. I resisted the temptation for a long time but eventually gave up when visiting my mother. And I’m glad I did. Gave up, I mean. And of course visited my old mom.
Just short visit to local gallery and tested the lense. It rings so many bells: solid build, aesthetic with Df, not to mention how it renders. I’m afraid it’s going to be clued on my Df making couple of other gems obsolete 🤔

Another camera to use the other gems?

I added the A6000 as a backup recently and like it. It's old but still pretty darn capable. One thing led to another and now I have an A6400 and the Sigma 16, 30 and 56.
I tried to play in the majors but truth is I'm a minor league baller. ( :
This kit gives me a semblance of an old Fuji set up which I really liked. While not as jewel-like, nearly as potent and cheaper. If I wander away from this, it's just my flawed nature.
DSC02964.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back