GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

Yes Mike it's the f1.8, I think I must have a very good copy as it is really sharp but I am looking forward to what the Fuji can do with the bigger sensor :) I have the 23mm f2.0 for my ILC bodies and love that, if it is as good I will be a happy bunny ;)
Between the Fujinon pancake 23/2 and Olympus 17/1.8 it's just not a stop's worth of difference in DOF.

I thought it was the case and I was severely disappointed when the Olympus couldn't match the look and bokeh of the Fuji lens at f/5.6, at any aperture really!

I was thinking that I was satisfied with the focus transition with the Fuji lens at f/5.6 and because the Olympus is able to do f/4 it's going to match the rendition. Wasn't the case at all.

Maybe you have different needs but that's how I felt about the Olympus 17, returned it to the store.

Ah, yes the "look" is different but I found the overall sharpness and rendering quite decent. The Fuji lens has a certain smoothness to the image which the Olympus can't match and the Olympus seems very Digital. I have been happy enough with the 17mm on MFT. Maybe QC variations rearing its head.

Small acquisition, a repurposed vintage camera strap for my CL found the strap with an Olympus O-M1 and the rings were donated by a Kodak EasyShare

View attachment 219023
Please be very careful with vintage leather straps, as they may give up on you at the most inconvenient time. Sadly, I speak from personal experience. Make sure it is nice and strong, as seeing that beautiful CL hit the ground would make any grown man cry.

Please be very careful with vintage leather straps, as they may give up on you at the most inconvenient time. Sadly, I speak from personal experience. Make sure it is nice and strong, as seeing that beautiful CL hit the ground would make any grown man cry.
I do think about that... the strap appears to be strong, about the only way to find how strong would be to test it to the point of failure but then of course, it’s destroyed and couldn’t be used.. I might attach a load as heavy as the CL to it and test it that way.

A nice new GX9 with the little 12-32 lens. Been beckoning to me for over a year and I finally got one as the price has dropped a lot recently. Have three cameras and a lens boxed up to go to MPB.
IMG_5055.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A nice new GX9 with the little 12-32 lens. Been beckoning to me for over a year and I finally got one as the price has dropped a lot recently. Have three cameras and a lens boxed up to go to MPB.
View attachment 219840
Enjoy your GX9! I'm finding it's very easy to make nice images with, the combination of 20MP sensor and Panasonic's latest image processing tech inside makes a great combination, especially with good lenses.

Flashpoint X R2 speedlight with the round head in place of two V850iis(sold).

I never used the second so I swapped the two for one.
Probably should've sold only one and banked it but I need a new toy.

Acquired a GV-1 optical viewfinder for my little Ricoh GRDiii

GV-1OVF#3.jpg

The nice thing about the GV-1 is: it has frame lines for both the standard 28mm FOV - but also for the wider 21mm Field-of-View, which Ricoh's optional Wide-Conversion lens converts the camera to--

GV-1OVF#2.jpg

It adds a bit of vertical to the camera's small dimensions--

GV-1OVF#1.jpg

But fortunately even with the viewfinder in place, it's still eminently pocketable--

GV-1OVF#4.jpg

I'm hoping it will make the camera more usable on those insanely bright days when the rear screen becomes invisible, for all intents and purposes.

View attachment 219840
That is a neat little lens. I have one on my GF1 that I still use weekly. Sharp enough and compact. Good buy on that combination.

Really enjoying my GX9. I have several primes that I used with the GX1 and find the colour and 'look' from the GX9 more to my liking than anything else I've used except perhaps my little GR. The reason for getting the GX9 was that my GX1 was the only camera apart from the GR that simply got out of the way and it is getting rather long in the tooth now and needed replacing. I can simply take quick photo's with the GX9 without having to look at the settings. And like with the GR I have been able to program all the function buttons so the I can simply change aspect, picture style, AF mode etc with my thumb. No delving into the menu's once I have it set up. Just this and the GR and I'm a happy bunny :)

I like that, why have one when you can have both?

Fully agree, I started to lurk to the dark side when got back my old Rebel from my father after his death. I sold it maybe too quickly without second thoughts. When I had Leica Q which I never bonded with, then why not. Mark III was a good deal and I had little bit left over even after acquiring EF 35mm f/1.4 L USM. I expect this Canon to be my rough camera whenever and Nikon Df or Leica M8 to be used when really want to do something different (to be honest, Df doesn’t sit on my palm as nice as 5D)

Really enjoying my GX9. I have several primes that I used with the GX1 and find the colour and 'look' from the GX9 more to my liking than anything else I've used except perhaps my little GR. The reason for getting the GX9 was that my GX1 was the only camera apart from the GR that simply got out of the way and it is getting rather long in the tooth now and needed replacing. I can simply take quick photo's with the GX9 without having to look at the settings. And like with the GR I have been able to program all the function buttons so the I can simply change aspect, picture style, AF mode etc with my thumb. No delving into the menu's once I have it set up. Just this and the GR and I'm a happy bunny :)
I have the same setup! It's a good one. I think the color science out of the GR III is still better, especially in positive film mode, and the RAW files have more flexibility due to being 14-bit, higher MP count, and coming from a bigger sensor. That's a significant trifecta. However I am very often just developing JPEGs in-camera, and I've adopted a similar workflow with the GX9. I'm quite used to the camera after shooting a GX85 for years, but the improvements of the GX9 are such that, while I operate it form muscle memory, I'm frequently pleasantly surprised. I am especially enjoying L Monochrome D, however even standard JPEGs look really good (I think they can stand having the saturation pulled down, but that's been the case with Panny files for a while).

Picked up a gently used Leica X-1 last week. I just couldn't pass it up, price was too good. It came with the Leica OVF, the hand grip, extra battery, and a Domke F-5XB bag. The only thing that is wrong with it is the date/time doesn't hold when changing batteries. I haven't owned a Leica in thirty five years, since I sold my M3 and lenses.
P1060733.jpg

Back