GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

I've transitioned into yoga for strength and flexibility work. Plus all of my heavy bag work, pad work, double end ball, and other drills.

And on the topic of acquisitions, trigger pulled on this. Instant rebate made it to hard to pass on.
1595287650430.png

Do you do a mix of powerlifting and bodybuilding?

Yeah. The circle of my life.
And I always find what I think are a lot of really great bargains only to find that I've collected way too much gear.
- where I'm at right now.

I mainly focus on powerlifting. Though I didn't acquire enough weights for my home gym, I'm pushing mostly high reps to fatigue. I also do body workouts and jump rope. My low intensity cardio is walking with the kids! I'm not really interested in bodybuilding. I'm more into creating raw strength while keeping a normal frame. I'm a big fan of the lower weight class powerlifters who focus on creating strong twitch muscles and a more active nervous systems.

I mainly focus on powerlifting. Though I didn't acquire enough weights for my home gym, I'm pushing mostly high reps to fatigue. I also do body workouts and jump rope. My low intensity cardio is walking with the kids! I'm not really interested in bodybuilding. I'm more into creating raw strength while keeping a normal frame. I'm a big fan of the lower weight class powerlifters who focus on creating strong twitch muscles and a more active nervous systems.

Awesome. I love your science.
My oldest, Kyle won quite a few Junior class(age 20-23) events.

The events were amazing. Huge energy in the rooms.
100lb. 50+ year old women deadlifting 300lbs. is quite inspiring.

I went looking for some specs about the screen of the E-PL1. I decided to compare it to the E-PL2, which has a bigger and higher rez screen. While Googling, I also discovered that MPB had an E-PL2 body in excellent condition for $84. In unrelated news, here is a picture of my new $84 E-PL2. Having the same 12 MP sensor, it qualifies for my "chorus line of Pens" approach to this month's challenge, and it the source of today's picture.
epl2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I went looking for some specs about the screen of the E-PL1. I decided to compare it to the E-PL2, which has a bigger and higher rez screen. While Googling, I also discovered that MPB had an E-PL2 body in excellent condition for $84. In unrelated news, here is a picture of my new $84 E-PL2. Having the same 12 MP sensor, it qualifies for my "chorus line of Pens" approach to this month's challenge, and it the source of today's picture.
View attachment 229234

I think - and always thought - the PL2 was one of the nicest digital micro 43 Olympiiiii to shoot with .... ever.
Yours looks pristine; and the 17mm 2.8 Olympus pancake is a truly fine lens to pair with it.
Congrats!!!

I think - and always thought - the PL2 was one of the nicest digital micro 43 Olympiiiii to shoot with .... ever.
Yours looks pristine; and the 17mm 2.8 Olympus pancake is a truly fine lens to pair with it.
Congrats!!!
It’s a nicer version of the PL1. The better screen makes it easier to frame shots. I always wanted one and $84 was hard to ignore.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I forgot to mention, when I posted my new acquisition of a lightly-used Olympus E-P3 last week, that the camera came with what may be THE least expensive lens ever manufactured for a micro four thirds camera: the Pergear 25mm f/1.7. It's a manual focus only inexpensive Chinese lens which lists for $69 USD! I didn't believe it, either btw. The lens is similar to both the 7Artisans and Meike 25mm lenses - which sell for slightly more - though apparently it's not 100 per cent identical to them. My initial and unfairly prejudiced reaction was that anything which retails for so little....can't be any good....right? But I believe I'm mistaken on that: the lens is proving to be....rather fun.

Here is what the lens looks like, on my E-P3 ---

X30_July21_Pergear_lens_Top.jpg

A closer view of the front ---

X30_July21_Pergear_lens_Front.jpg

A slightly wider angle of the lens mounted on the camera, it's by no means a pancake but conversely it's not a very large lens, either---

X30_July21_Pergear_lens_OnCamera.jpg

And finally a view of the bottom with the name---

X30_July21_Pergear_lens_Bottom.jpg

I'm going to post a mini-review in the Micro-Four-Thirds section but early returns aren't too shabby. I had actually been thinking, for some time, about getting a 25mm lens for my multiple micro 4/3 bodies - but initially I was thinking of all the usual suspects and had never considered either a purely manual focus lens or (gulp) anything this dirt cheap.

Have you tried skipping with a length of battle rope, definitely let’s you know you’re alive... :D

I traded some stuff for a used Sony RX1R II ....... the trouble was that although it was sold in "as new" condition, the seller failed to tell me that it had no box, charger, manual, strap etc. although there was nothing wrong with the camera itself. I decided to return it and managed to find a brand new one for a very good price and now I'm a happy camper :)

NICE! I look forward to see your pictures…

The E-P5 is another great - and underrated - Olympus. But with its processing and engine and focusing capabilities, it's a much more modern - and more capable - camera. Quite a few serious photographers and old-school Olympians prefer the EP5 to both the Pen F and the E-M5. In practical terms, though, they seem to cost significantly more than the E-P1 through E-P3 series - though these days most prices are fluctuating and subject to all kinds of unexpected weird ups and downs.

I fully agree what you wrote about E-P5. Very capable camera and how beautiful gadget. I’ve planned many times selling it, but when I take it to my hands, I forget the idea immediately 😁

This just happened, a mint G95 to replace the Pen-F, X-E2, and X30 that will be exiting the house at the end of next week. I like each of those cameras for what they are, but I decided to go in a different direction.

View attachment 229637

Will be curious to hear your thoughts on it. I can't remember if you have had other Panasonic m43 cameras. Curious how you get along with the interface and such.

Back