GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

This just happened, a mint G95 to replace the Pen-F, X-E2, and X30 that will be exiting the house at the end of next week. I like each of those cameras for what they are, but I decided to go in a different direction.
Ok, how does this "just happen?". How did you go from trading the Pen F and glass for a Sony RX10 IV to trading all 3 for a G95? Might be a good idea to hang on to the small X30 for a jacket pocket cam.

The G95 seems like a nice camera, I've also gone back and forth between between Panasonic and Olympus. If I had decided the PL50-200 was the telephoto I wanted. I'd probably have a G9 instead of my E-M1.2 (and possibly a GX9 instead of the Pen F). But since I decided it wasn't, the few things I prefer about Olympus tipped things in Olympus's favor.

Ok, how does this "just happen?". How did you go from trading the Pen F and glass for a Sony RX10 IV to trading all 3 for a G95? Might be a good idea to hang on to the small X30 for a jacket pocket cam.

The G95 seems like a nice camera, I've also gone back and forth between between Panasonic and Olympus. If I had decided the PL50-200 was the telephoto I wanted. I'd probably have a G9 instead of my E-M1.2 (and possibly a GX9 instead of the Pen F). But since I decided it wasn't, the few things I prefer about Olympus tipped things in Olympus's favor.
The "just happened" was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek. No, I'm keeping the glass, and on second thought, I am going to keep the X-E2 as my second grab & go camera. It was actually an FZ1000 II, not the Sony, that I was considering trading for, but there are things I like about using an ILC that are just not there with a superzoom. The more I thought about it, the more I thought that's just not where I want to plant my flag, so to speak.

The "just happened" was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek. No, I'm keeping the glass, and on second thought, I am going to keep the X-E2 as my second grab & go camera. It was actually an FZ1000 II, not the Sony, that I was considering trading for, but there are things I like about using an ILC that are just not there with a superzoom. The more I thought about it, the more I thought that's just not where I want to plant my flag, so to speak.
Actually my "how does this just happen" was also meant in a tongue-in-cheek way. Sorry if it didn't come across that way.

I guess my brain is getting confused with the RX10 / FZ1000 conversations in different threads.

My new Olympus E-M1 III arrived Wednesday and the L-bracket, UHS II SD card, Olympus Maint. Kit, Oly TC front caps, Oly Hard Case for the 300mm, PD Slide Lite and Capture Plate arrived on Friday.
Toys Arrived!.jpg

I forgot to include the spare camera battery in the shot.

I throw my PD 10L sling on almost every time I head out the door. How's the Chrome construction quality vs. the PD product? I have one of almost every PD bag except the backpacks.

Attention to detail and build seems very good. Vs. is hard to sum for me. I've had the Sling 10L and 5L and liked them very much. I almost went with the 6L.

It's really pretty minor but what led me away from the PD is the tapered bottom and the size of the brilliant origami dividers which both make gear like your EM1.3 and larger lenses really nice to carry and access. The Niko has just a slight taper and traditional dividers which is more efficient for PENs and the tiny F1.8 lenses imo. A few things to the PDs favor. Accessory storage and the smoother strap adjuster.

My Chrome backpacks rock. Really like that brand.

Me too.
If I ever need another pack, it's the first place I'll look.

I sold my E-P5 back in May and got a refurb Pen F.
But, I almost immediately missed the E-P5. I like the form factor, size and handling better. And actually seem to prefer the results over the Pen F.
So I found a lightly used E-P5 with some extras (four batteries, 14-42mm lens, and a flash) for the same price I sold my E-P5.
Arrived today. Looks like a keeper. Now the big question is should I sell the Pen-F...
C8644280-D5C2-439A-9A13-3EF29458836D_1_201_a.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I think I have rounded out my lens collection. I found a Panasonic 14-45 (the original kit lens), new-in-box for a pittance. I had this lens when I had a G1, and one of my favorites (and my wife's favorites) is an image I took while out hiking one day with the G1 + 14-45, and I had it printed on canvas and it hangs in a prominent spot in our house. I've read some claims that a 20Mp sensor "out-resolves" a lens like the 14-45, but honestly I think that is just DPR talk. I am going to keep the O 45/1.8 because it is simply a very nice little lens, but my walk-around, bike-around kit is going to be the G95, P 45-150, and P 14-45. I gave very serious thought to picking up a P 12-35 2.8 or PL 12-60 (which I owned in the past), but I simply could not bring myself to plunk down another $600+ for a lens.

Got me a speedbooster for my Niña Negra - a Zhongyi Lens Turbo II. Unlike when I got a Viltrox speedbooster in Minolta MD mount for my Sony A6000, this time I opted for Canon EF mount, as it allows stacking over of thin adapters for most other formats (M42, Yashica, OM etc...). For now I have only one other adequate adapter for M42, so here are two examples with some of my M42 lenses (Vivitar 28mm f2.8 and Helios 44-2 58mm f2). Yashica adapter is on it's way :)
PICTOGRAMAX - 2020 - LENS TURBO II -  VIVITAR M42 28MM F28 AND HELIOS 44-2 58MM F2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back