GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

Fortunately, I did not buy an A9 while doing Windows shopping. Unfortunately, I did purchase:
epl3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

and
ep3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This does complete my collection of 12 MP Olympus Pens, ending our long national nightmare.

Your car?
I was just looking at those the other day. They hold their value well. 😳

I found a low mileage body for a good price, so I snatched it up quick!

View attachment 230425

I would love an A9. Budget doesn’t allow just yet.

Congrats! I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. The AF is incredible.

My budget doesn't allow it either, so I definitely need to sell some gear to fund it! The AF and fast read out is the big draw for me. My Nikon kit will probably see a lens reduction!

Fortunately, I did not buy an A9 while doing Windows shopping. Unfortunately, I did purchase:
View attachment 230434
and
View attachment 230435

This does complete my collection of 12 MP Olympus Pens, ending our long national nightmare.

The handsome specimen on top is...an E-PL1, right?
And if I ain't mistaken, its even more handsome sibling is the same model I currently own, a Pen E-P3 - correct?

They are quite a pair.
Do you think you could treat us to a group portrait?

I sold my E-P5 back in May and got a refurb Pen F.
But, I almost immediately missed the E-P5. I like the form factor, size and handling better. And actually seem to prefer the results over the Pen F.
So I found a lightly used E-P5 with some extras (four batteries, 14-42mm lens, and a flash) for the same price I sold my E-P5.
Arrived today. Looks like a keeper. Now the big question is should I sell the Pen-F...
View attachment 230240

The E-P5 is really just as good as the Pen-F in most significant ways - but it's such a fine camera in its own right that it could easily replace your Pen-F....especially if you're not really using it that much. The only additional extra which would be nice would be one of those cool hot-shoe-mounted Olympus EVF's - I remember the one I shot with years ago (atop an E-PL2 body) was everything that I wanted or needed.

The EP5 is such a beautifully designed camera, too.......

Congrats!

The E-P5 is really just as good as the Pen-F in most significant ways - but it's such a fine camera in its own right that it could easily replace your Pen-F....especially if you're not really using it that much. The only additional extra which would be nice would be one of those cool hot-shoe-mounted Olympus EVF's - I remember the one I shot with years ago (atop an E-PL2 body) was everything that I wanted or needed.

The EP5 is such a beautifully designed camera, too.......

Congrats!
I fully agree with you Miguel. I bought my first E-P5 new. Then used it for years with travel as well as for a couple of our single in challenges on this forum. Like its predecessors the E-P1 and E-P3 (both of which I had for a time) it has the styling of the original Olympus Pen half frame film cameras. That retro style and size make the Pens a rather nice jacket pocket camera. Due to the retro design, more than once I had people ask me if it was in fact a film camera.
The Pen F, while featuring some remarkably cool retro features itself, is proportioned differently and grew just enough to not easily fit in a jacket pocket. I have yet to fully adjust to the differences and truly missed the more familiar and really fully mature featured E-P5.
I have actually never tried one of the EVF attachments. But now that you mentioned it, I will keep a watch for one to try. The limitations of composing with the screen has proven to be not insurmountable, but nevertheless a problem in bright sunny situations.
I haven’t given up completely on the Pen F, but might consider trading it off for one of the OMD bodies if I can’t warm up to it a bit more in the coming months.

Last edited:
View attachment 230434
and
View attachment 230435

There have been a lot of camera purchases on this forum in just the past few days, including me. Either we're all COVID-mad, or greatly inspired by SiJ 20 . . . or we just all had major flare-ups of GAS. Good stuff!

I think I'll get a subscription to ReidReviews.com. This feels like the dumbest thing -- paying someone to let me read more GAS-inducing articles?!

But I have to acknowledge that this thing here is part of the hobby. And everyone just raves about Reid's expertise.

Back