GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

I picked up an XP-Pen Dec 01 v2 graphics tablet a few weeks ago. This is a wired tablet and offers 8192 levels of sensitivity and also some tilt support. It has 8 programmable buttons, so I have set it up to use with the new Quick Edit feature in Capture One 21 to streamline my workflow. The sensitivity is really useful when cloning/healing in Gimp, it allows a really fine control when editing.

Be careful. I was mainly Olympus and have moved to largely Fuji. There are similarities in the approach to photography along with differences. I currently have an X-S10 which I find to be the most like the mu43 bodies I have used. The V is very nice camera.

Last edited:
I found a change in approach when changing from m43 to Fuji, it was just too easy to not use the external vf with my EP5, but a necessity with Fuji. Plus that trans sensor which nobody liked except me. I saw all this as a benefit.

Last edited:
I found a change in approach when changing from m43 to Fuji, it was just too easy to not use the external vf with my EP5, but a necessity with Fuji. Plus that trans sensor which nobody oooed except me. I saw all this as a benefit.
I admit the one thing I never cared about was the xtrans sensor. As a matter of fact, the combo of the lack of IBIS and the difficulty of working with the raw files sent me back to mu43 for a while. Oddly, I so liked the XE3 and 35 1.4 that I learned to deal with both.

Be careful. I was mainly Olympus and have moved to largely Fuji. There are similarities in the approach to photography along with differences. I currently have an X-S10 which I find to be the most like the mu43 bodies I have used. The V is very nice camera.
Yeah, I was contemplating getting an X-S10 + 23/2 because it had IBIS and I prefer the PASM dial setup rather than retro. But I haven't committed to switching systems and the X100V made more sense as a dedicated street camera, leaving my m43 system for everything else.

Yeah, I was contemplating getting an X-S10 + 23/2 because it had IBIS and I prefer the PASM dial setup rather than retro. But I haven't committed to switching systems and the X100V made more sense as a dedicated street camera, leaving my m43 system for everything else.
I have the X100V as well and it’s a thing into itself. It’s a marvelous street camera and the convenience is hard to beat, especially since it’s WR.

Steve, how to you secure WR? I saw a video about the NiSi front filter the other day - almost made that camera for me, I have to say ...

M.
I'm not Steve, nor do I play him on TV, but I will mention that I bought the Nisi low profile filter for my X100V. One of the pros of the X100V over my GX9 is that its integrated lens is very flat, making the Fuji much easier to put into my man purse or even in a jacket pocket. So, despite my fawning adoration of the square hoods, I didn't get one because it would make the Fuji almost as deep as my GX9. The Nisi adds just a few extra mm to the depth, keeping the camera nice and slim. I'm a bit concerned that the filter is very close to the front of the ring and might cause flare but it's too early to tell if its coatings are good enough to avoid this problem. If it is a problem, then I guess I'll have to switch to a square hood and put up with the extra depth.

I bought the Nisi hood for my X100t, and while I really like the low profile, it does indeed produce softness when a strong light source like the sun is in, or just out of the frame. I was disappointed as I really hoped for better. There doesn't appear to be any purple flare spots, just an overall softening of the image particularly on the light source side. I will test it more when I can, the weather here in UK has not been great recently. Early days but I may have to remove the filter and just use it as a hood.
Of course the new lens on the V may have better flare resistance but I don't have one so.... YMMV

I'm not Steve, nor do I play him on TV, but I will mention that I bought the Nisi low profile filter for my X100V. One of the pros of the X100V over my GX9 is that its integrated lens is very flat, making the Fuji much easier to put into my man purse or even in a jacket pocket. So, despite my fawning adoration of the square hoods, I didn't get one because it would make the Fuji almost as deep as my GX9. The Nisi adds just a few extra mm to the depth, keeping the camera nice and slim. I'm a bit concerned that the filter is very close to the front of the ring and might cause flare but it's too early to tell if its coatings are good enough to avoid this problem. If it is a problem, then I guess I'll have to switch to a square hood and put up with the extra depth.

Resistance to square hoods require much discipline.
I commend you on the effort. :D

Steve, how to you secure WR? I saw a video about the NiSi front filter the other day - almost made that camera for me, I have to say ...

M.
I just use a filter and a filter adapter ring. The only problem I have is that the original lens cap does fit tightly anymore. I have only used this in light rain. As for flare issues, I either use a hood or simply take the filter off on sunny days.

I bought the Nisi hood for my X100t, and while I really like the low profile, it does indeed produce softness when a strong light source like the sun is in, or just out of the frame. I was disappointed as I really hoped for better. There doesn't appear to be any purple flare spots, just an overall softening of the image particularly on the light source side. I will test it more when I can, the weather here in UK has not been great recently. Early days but I may have to remove the filter and just use it as a hood.
Ugh...that's not what I was hoping to hear. Or maybe I was, because now I guess I'm forced to buy a square hood. ;-)

Got a nice haul from my wife and offspring for Christmas
28" deep parabolic
1608987515236.png

48" octobox
1608987553794.png

And a new backdrop
1608987681394.png

Can't wait to shoot with this stuff.

Back