GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

In my opinion, the GX series has never deviated from being the purpose-built companion for the 20mm f1.7. The GX9 is no exception. Those two together, whew.
Someone on here or mu-43.com (can't remember) was selling a GX9 with a 20mm a few months back. Although I had recently sold my G95 and the few lenses I had, I was very tempted to buy the GX9/20mm combo.

A "Mint-" Fuji X-T3, complete with all factory items in original box shipped via USPS on 12-28 from Texas, arrived 12-31. Go Figure! Anyhoo, after much deliberation, I now have my last Fuji body. :drinks:
T1011672-XT3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Someone on here or mu-43.com (can't remember) was selling a GX9 with a 20mm a few months back. Although I had recently sold my G95 and the few lenses I had, I was very tempted to buy the GX9/20mm combo.
Was it me? :hide: Because I did do that. Time away from M4/3 has just proven out some of its strong points for me. I will probably be looking for a way back in at some point.

At work we always joke that the most important bit of kit is the label-machine :rofl:
Finally bought a cheap one of my own. Going to itemise and label-up all my camera body-bases (will add battery type to my metered film bodies too).

View attachment 244123_1060615 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr
I used my label machine to put the function and settings of each of the E-M1 II and E-M1 III 'C#' dial positions on the flat portion of the body under the articulated screen. With the slight changes to how some buttons operate and the increase to 4 options on the Mk. III dial, it keeps the confusion to a minimum when switching between bodies.

A "Mint-" Fuji X-T3, complete with all factory items in original box shipped via USPS on 12-28 from Texas, arrived 12-31. Go Figure! Anyhoo, after much deliberation, I now have my last Fuji body. :drinks:View attachment 244401

That exact setup is what I’m running SIJ2021.

If my intuition about it is correct, i think this is going to be a killer street and travel setup in Fuji X mount for me.

I’m currently running the 50-230 telephoto, but might get another 55-200 again for the faster apertures and auto focusing.

No rush get me though, as I’m also interested to see what quality Fuji brings to the rumored 70-300 that should be out this year.

Otherwise, I’m tempted to get a Nikon f to Fuji x af adapter and run the Nikon 70-300E AF-P lens on the XT3.

That exact setup is what I’m running SIJ2021.

If my intuition about it is correct, i think this is going to be a killer street and travel setup in Fuji X mount for me.

I’m currently running the 50-230 telephoto, but might get another 55-200 again for the faster apertures and auto focusing.

No rush get me though, as I’m also interested to see what quality Fuji brings to the rumored 70-300 that should be out this year.

Otherwise, I’m tempted to get a Nikon f to Fuji x af adapter and run the Nikon 70-300E AF-P lens on the XT3.
There is also the forthcoming Fuji 70-300 to consider

Plugged this new little fella in. Best Buy, to their credit, has been the only retailer to really address the scalpers that have been gobbling up next-gen game consoles by requiring that stock sold online be picked up in person from a store, which cuts out the bots (which are rumored to be largely repurposed sneaker-head bots used by sneaker scalpers). Yesterday, a friend and I drove 3 hours to the nearest Best Buy to pick up our online orders of the Xbox Series S.

It's a cool, quiet and very small machine. The UI has gotten very clean and slick, and everything so far on the console just works. Games run at buttery smooth 60fps on my TV, but should mostly hit 120fps on displays which support it.

PXL_20210102_211032649~2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
I'd love to blame it on the gear, but I'm just someone that likes to experiment - so no matter the mount, I buy and sell and trade the various gear.

M43 might be a bit easier because of the price point on the lenses and bodies now. Unless you are going high end, most lenses can be found for $300 or less on the used market and that is from the big players like Adorama, BH, KEH and MPB. Private sellers can often be found for less.
I've come to realize though that every system has their place and I can love them all differently, but equally.

m43 = smallest system for good light use
Fuji = small system, but analog feel - gives me the most "pleasure" in the shooting experience and I love using the film simulations
Nikon = my work kit. When I am on the job or "absolutely, positively need to ensure the shot and best quality" kit.
Pretty much the same here, I like to play with different stuff. And given the price difference between the Nikon gear I use to have and most of the m4/3 and Fuji gear I've tried; it's been a lot easier on the pockets to play.

I also pretty much agree on these three, though I think I place m4/3 and Fuji a bit closer together. But that probably has just as must to do with the glass I would choose for each system as anything else.

As to Nikon? It's the same, for me and the way I shot, it just worked. And work can be hard enough so why make it harder than it needs to be.

Took some old lenses into a local camera store today and walked out with an Olympus 75-300/4.8-6.7 II and a Fuji X mount 7Artisans 7.5mm f/2.8 Fisheye lens.
Just got one as well, though not as cheaply. And of course the day after my new one shows up one goes on sale over on m4/3 for a good bit less. :doh: Oh well.

Attachments

• EM120984.jpg
    EM120984.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 37
Back