GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

That was quick! Particularly for shipping through Ebay's Global Scam Program! :D

graflexholders~0.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Couple of Type 4 and Type 5 holders in wood and the rest are Type 5 holders in plastic.
Used but not abused :)

Got enough of them now to cover a 2-week event without needing to reload! :D

I bought this pack - a WANDRD PRVKE - several months ago, lightly used, and have been trying it out bit by bit - and I have to say, so far, it's simply a well-designed and well-built piece of kit or gear. I've used it one one trip - both to carry cameras and odds and ends (including a small MacBook Air - and it's more than lived up to the glowing reviews many users seem to give it.

The front (top) view---

WANDRD_PRVKE_front.jpg

A detail---

WANDRD_PRVKE_detail.jpg

And a rear (bottom) view---

WANDRD_PRVKE_back.jpg

The materials - a combination of some variety of heavy-duty tarpaulin fabric, plus another variety of ballistic nylon - feel heavy duty and look semi-space age. But for me the most important part is: it's (been) quite comfortable, for walking, carrying and trekking - always a good sign.

I bought this pack - a WANDRD PRVKE - several months ago, lightly used, and have been trying it out bit by bit - and I have to say, so far, it's simply a well-designed and well-built piece of kit or gear. I've used it one one trip - both to carry cameras and odds and ends (including a small MacBook Air - and it's more than lived up to the glowing reviews many users seem to give it.

The front (top) view---

View attachment 245931

A detail---

View attachment 245932

View attachment 245933

The materials - a combination of some variety of heavy-duty tarpaulin fabric, plus another variety of ballistic nylon - feel heavy duty and look semi-space age. But for me the most important part is: it's (been) quite comfortable, for walking, carrying and trekking - always a good sign.
Very nice!
I love mine.
21L?

I was eying a Panasonic FZ1000 (and Leica V-lux 114), neither of which I need, and since my nifty Olympus Stylus 1 suits my needs for that sort of camera and is much easier to walk or travel with, I'm not even sure I want. But ebay can be a dangerous place. Since I was about to do something stupid, I sent money overseas for a kid who needs a new cell phone to take his course next semester (because of covid). It was a great relief.:laugh1:

The front (top) view---

View attachment 245931

A detail---

View attachment 245932

View attachment 245933

I got the DUO Daypack. I liked it so much more than the Peak Design Everyday backpack that I sold that one off. I use the WANDRD almost every day. The only time I do not is when I'm wanting to go uber light. Then I use the Lowepro Truckee BP 150.

6 packs of Polaroid SX-70 B&W were just delivered today!! Polaroid finally got it back in stock. Now, once my final pack of SX-70 color is through my SX-70 Sonar, I'll be getting that ready for my "lo-fi" February challenge to myself.

I have the Mint filter adapter set, and like how the images look with the yellow filter using the B&W film.
IMG_3165.jpg

Last edited:
Another vice of mine.
An eBay seller sent the wrong item and told me to keep it. Winner!
It's a Civivi Backlash.
Civivi is a budget subdivision of We knives and their production quality is pretty good.

For lighting, I used the @Bobby Tingle recommendation - boom arm on a C-Stand - priceless.
backlash.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! I hesitate to call the collecting of edged weapons a vice, however, if strictly for the reason that it might convey the wrong idea about why we want them...

What were you intending to get?
Haha, good point.
I have a Civivi Exarch on the way. A front flipper with a nice slim profile.
More of a fidget toy than a knife although it should excel at the office tasks I have planned for it.
Had a Kizer Feist that I sold because I couldn't flip it. Hope the Exarch is easier. ( :

Do you have anything in your sights?

I got myself a bit of gear that is almost anti-photography in its purpose for me, at least in the short term.

Photography can be a great way of encouraging you to look differently. But especially now that my only fully reliable camera is my phone, I find that its UI causes me to break out of "being in the moment". And in general, especially when I go on hikes, I am sometimes too focused on finding a pretty frame and not on being present.

So I got myself some half-decent binoculars; the Helios Nitrosport (terrible name) 8x34, for just under 100 euros. Not a well-known brand, but they are good value for the specs. They're a bit larger than I'm used to, no longer pants pocketable like my previous 8x21 cheapo company gift bino's, these are just about jacket pocketable so we'll have to see how that works for me in summer... But the difference in clarity, color, apparent angle of view, contrast, just about every aspect you can think of, is just night and day. And speaking of night, they work into the twilight to quite a remarkable degree for binoculars that are still only mid-size.

These truly make it enjoyable to look through the binoculars and find out what the object of your attention looks like from up close. Completely different experience to photography, while still being strongly related. So far, a resounding success. And when I get a camera with a proper tele zoom again, I imagine (hope) that the bino's and the zoom will complement each other nicely.

1200x1082.jpg

Last edited:
@mnhoj awesome to see that is working for you. Nice knife too.

I say this not because it was me who mentioned lighting that way. But just respect for your work. The lighting really does look great on the knife. Did your shoot it on the v flat? That’s become my go to for shooting objects.

Haha, good point.
I have a Civivi Exarch on the way. A front flipper with a nice slim profile.
More of a fidget toy than a knife although it should excel at the office tasks I have planned for it.
Had a Kizer Feist that I sold because I couldn't flip it. Hope the Exarch is easier. ( :

Do you have anything in your sights?
I'm really fond of CRKT's Pilar folder, I have the Pilar II which is the larger model. A Pilar III was just featured in an everydaycarry.com email a little while back with more of a spear point. I suspect I will have to get it.

@mnhoj awesome to see that is working for you. Nice knife too.

I say this not because it was me who mentioned lighting that way. But just respect for your work. The lighting really does look great on the knife. Did your shoot it on the v flat? That’s become my go to for shooting objects.
Thank you. No, I used foam core but I'll add another great use for the flat.

CRKT's Pilar
I almost picked up a black II a while back.
Ergo's seem excellent and probably a great slicer.
I have a soft spot for sheepsfoot/wharncliffes.
A spearpoint with that handle/choil seems very interesting.

I do have a Jesper Voxnaes colab design in the Spyderco Pingo.
None of the ergos but a very good slicer.

Back