GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

So update on the Fringer adapter.

It arrived in the mail today.
I updated the firmware to the latest.

Popped it on the XT3 and nothing. Won’t autofocus, aperture shows it stuck on f/5.8 on all lenses I tried, which were the Tamron 17-38/2.8-4, Tamron 70-200/2.8 G2, Nikon 85/1.8G, Nikon 300/4PF and the 70-300/4.5-5.6 AF-P.

Most of which are on the official supported list.

I tried cleaning contacts, remounting the adapter. Even tried it on the XPRO2, but it would not mount on the XPRO.

It was a gamble anyway, but I’m just going to return it for a refund. I’ll probably get something else or put those funds toward another Fuji native lens or a Nikon Z kit.

Trigger pulled on a Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 EX HSM for Pentax, saw it used on B&H in "9" condition for $239, which is pretty good even in eBay terms right now for that lens, hopefully B&H is conservative with their rating and it'll be in really good shape. I had a gift card almost literally burning a hole in my wallet (felt that way, anyway). Reports on this lens are generally really good.

I bought one of these years ago for another, older Pentax DSLF - my K200d (which among other things had one of the last, great CCD sensors) - and found it to be a superb lens. It was a major upgrade over almost all of the earlier Pentax kit lenses, and in addition to its generally fine (and sometimes hard to truly quantify or appreciate) rendering qualities, was immensely versatile.

Short form: it really does live up to and surpass its good reviews and word-of-mouth.

Insta360 One R with 1" sensor
selfie stick
360 module
Rode Wiress mic
LumoCube LED light
GoPro case

Mama, I'm gonna be a TikTok star!

20210214_162004.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

@gryphon1911 How come it would not mount on XPRO? If it's a Fuji X mount adapter, shouldn't it go on any Fuji X camera?

It should, and the site states it is one of the compatible bodies. I do know that the XPRO2 internal casing around the sensor sits closer to the mount than other X cameras. There is an issue with the speed boosters not working on it because of this.

I’m thinking this might be something similar. Tolerances in the adapter mount might be off.

I could not get the adapter to seat in the mount at all on the XPRO.

Not sure what is going on, but it was an impulse purchase. Would be nice if it worked out, but I’m a little sour on it now. I might revisit if a local place have some that I can verify. Not a fan of shipping things all over the place.

I bought one of these years ago for another, older Pentax DSLF - my K200d (which among other things had one of the last, great CCD sensors) - and found it to be a superb lens. It was a major upgrade over almost all of the earlier Pentax kit lenses, and in addition to its generally fine (and sometimes hard to truly quantify or appreciate) rendering qualities, was immensely versatile.

Short form: it really does live up to and surpass its good reviews and word-of-mouth.
Sounds great, Miguel. I'm looking forward to using it indoors - I've long been wanting to do some window-light portraits, and this seems like a really good choice for that. Mostly I'm just astonished that a constant f2.8 standard zoom can be had so inexpensively. Having shot M4/3 for so long, the Panasonic and Olympus options were always at least $550, more than I wanted to spend for what they were. And this'll be on an APS-C sensor with even more DoF control.

I was surfing the net late yesterday and came across an “excellent” X-30 for $400. I thought about it because I like using the X-20 but would like an EVF and a flip down screen. Then the X-20’s AF dies this morning. By a fortunate coincidence, the X-30 arrives Wednesday. Did you know you can get a new X-30 at Walmart online for $700?

I was surfing the net late yesterday and came across an “excellent” X-30 for $400. I thought about it because I like using the X-20 but would like an EVF and a flip down screen. Then the X-20’s AF dies this morning. By a fortunate coincidence, the X-30 arrives Wednesday. Did you know you can get a new X-30 at Walmart online for $700?

RIP for your X-20, Steve... but I hope the X30 proves to be a fun replacement if not upgrade. Personally, I have found the EVF on my X30 to be invaluable - and the flipping screen has come in handy on more than one occasion. I think you'll like your new camera.

You'll like the X30. I have no quarrels with the EVF, and the screen both tilts up and tilts down, so you can get low angle as well as overhead shots.

EDIT: wanted to add surfing the net is bad for the wallet. Both camera gear and bicycle goodies have been known to arrive at my house after such activities.

Four Andrew Jacksons and a drive across town produced a nice, well loved silver X-E1.
Makes a really nice pair with the 18. And a few Fuji X-Weekly recipes are looking quite fruitful.

Went for a walk today and got a nice camera compliment.
I'll take it. Been at least a few days since I've gotten anything nice from a stranger. ( :

6 packs of Polaroid SX-70 B&W were just delivered today!! Polaroid finally got it back in stock. Now, once my final pack of SX-70 color is through my SX-70 Sonar, I'll be getting that ready for my "lo-fi" February challenge to myself.

I have the Mint filter adapter set, and like how the images look with the yellow filter using the B&W film.
View attachment 246523
I remember being a security guard nights while in college at the Polaroid facility in Cambridge MA when the original SX-70 was under development. I guess I'm showing my age.

Well, I sold the Panasonic GX9 after all. This has just arrived in its place (sporting my P14mm lens).
P2160053.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It came with the kit 14-42 lens which is really cute actually. I may keep that, although I am thinking more of a Panasonic 20mm, and I may also get the VF4 viewfinder. We'll see.
Tomorrow's bargain delivery will be a Lumix FZ200 - I've always fancied a zoom bridge-type camera and this seems to be a real steal. £114 including an Olympus TCON 17 + adapter. It should be just the job for whale-watching on the Scottish east coast later this year!

Back