GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

Well, I sold the Panasonic GX9 after all. This has just arrived in its place (sporting my P14mm lens).
View attachment 249157
It came with the kit 14-42 lens which is really cute actually. I may keep that, although I am thinking more of a Panasonic 20mm, and I may also get the VF4 viewfinder. We'll see.
Tomorrow's bargain delivery will be a Lumix FZ200 - I've always fancied a zoom bridge-type camera and this seems to be a real steal. £114 including an Olympus TCON 17 + adapter. It should be just the job for whale-watching on the Scottish east coast later this year!
Update -VF4 has been ordered and also arrives tomorrow.

RIP for your X-20, Steve... but I hope the X30 proves to be a fun replacement if not upgrade. Personally, I have found the EVF on my X30 to be invaluable - and the flipping screen has come in handy on more than one occasion. I think you'll like your new camera.
I always liked that series of camera and had both the X-10 and X20. I moved on and now use a D-lux 109 for the same sort of thing, but I have a real soft spot of those Fujis.. Easily my favorite small, take anywhere cameras for some time. Good luck with your new camera.

Condition seems excellent, it's what B&H described as a "9" and I can't find any marks... Except the lens hood is actually cracked, and barely stays on. Kind of funny to me that B&H didn't note that, leaving the buyer to expect that surface marks or scratches rather than damage to an accessory (rendering that accessory nearly unusable) contributed to the rating. I don't care, I don't need the hood.

PXL_20210217_233149374.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm really liking this X-E1.
It's cost and condition allows me a carefree style of shooting which is nice. I'm usually overprotective.
I think my lenses may pay a little price.
As a B camera the weaknesses(alleged) I experienced in 2013/2014 are no longer a worry.
I've started looking into jpeg recipes and it's opened a door I've never entered with Fuji.

I just took a look back to when I first owned one and think my work in that period was probably the best I've done.
I was fascinated by the Fuji system. Inspiration and effort was at an all time high.

AiresIIIc_01~0.jpg

The "Alternative" Aires IIIc arrived from the US.
No wonder it was going cheap. This thing has bounced off the pavement at some point.

There were 3 loose elements rattling n the VF/RF.
The aperture ring was loose due to the hold-down screws having been broken.
All of that has been fixed now (except for the remainder of one broken pin that'll need drilling out)

Shutter will get an overhaul this weekend.

It should, and the site states it is one of the compatible bodies. I do know that the XPRO2 internal casing around the sensor sits closer to the mount than other X cameras. There is an issue with the speed boosters not working on it because of this.

I’m thinking this might be something similar. Tolerances in the adapter mount might be off.

I could not get the adapter to seat in the mount at all on the XPRO.

Not sure what is going on, but it was an impulse purchase. Would be nice if it worked out, but I’m a little sour on it now. I might revisit if a local place have some that I can verify. Not a fan of shipping things all over the place.

So further update.

I tried to mount a lens on the XPRO2 today and couldn’t get it to mount either.

So I started inspecting the mount and comparing it to the XT3.

Much to my surprise, it appears that the body cap lip sheared off and was still inside the camera body. This is a first for me.

I was able to extract it and used the camera for 2 hours today and all seems well.
Not sure how this could have happened, except perhaps a defective body cap.

Regardless, I’ve ordered a new one.

Final piece (hopefully) to make panos a bit easier - Nodal Ninja EZ Leveler should be here by the end of the week.

Side note - after testing for the NPP on the lenses I plan on using for panos, it looks like the three FA Limiteds have approximately the same point on the nodal slide. Close enough that visually through the viewfinder they look the same.

My lightly used Q7, acquired from a thoughtful fellow Pentaxian, arrived.

Pentax_Q7_front.jpg

It has a simplistic, functional elegance from all angles.

Pentax_Q7_top.jpg

The screen works well for everything except (woldn't you know it) bright sunlight.

Pentax_Q7_rear.jpg

A tiny little jewel of a camera.

The Leica I mentioned in my previous post arrived today from a fellow shutterbug in Sweden.

LeicaI_04.jpg

Leica Standard (Model E),
Though I have my thoughts about the lens mount being a donor and the take-up spool definitely isn't a standard Leica part.
Still, can't complain for the price.

Already started cleaning it a bit, but I'd need to get into the shutter crate to do a thorough job. Unfortunately some screws have either been painted over, rusted stuck or are hidden under the 'new' skin.

I have taken a step into Jock's world. I purchased an FT1 adapter and a new Nikkor AF-S 55-200 VR II for my 1 V2. I've always enjoyed trying to photograph the hawks that zoom around our neighborhood, and if they are within about 100 feet, the 30-110 with its FOV of 81-297mm works fine; after that, I have to start cropping and lose some detail. The 55-200 will give me all the way to 540mm. It is one of those plastic fantastic lenses like the Fuji XC 50-230, but is collapsible and much smaller and lighter than the CX native 70-300 VR. Even with the adapter, it's still much lighter and less than 1/2 the cost. Reviews were very favorable about its IQ vs. price. This will give me a very small, lightweight kit with a medium and short zoom for when I'm cycling, and a much longer, still lightweight zoom for neighborhood walks or for when I'm going someplace with just my camera bag and no bike. Should be here by Monday.

I once had the XF 50 2.0 but sold it when I went through one of my Fuji-back-to-Olympus swings. I replaced it with a used one. It’s a bit of an odd FL but optically wonderful. I’m hoping it’s fast focusing will help me keep up with my grand children.

I'm still waiting for TTArtisan 50mm f1.2 to be delivered, but managed to snatch 35mm f1.4 locally :)

Wrote down some initial impressions, if someone might be interested:

PICTOGRAMAX - 2021 - TTARTISAN 35mm f14 - MODELLING - 01.jpg

I'm still waiting for TTArtisan 50mm f1.2 to be delivered, but managed to snatch 35mm f1.4 locally :)

View attachment 251664
I wonder how lenses from days of yore would look if they were analyzed by Optical Limits or a similar site.

View attachment 251664
Nice write-up! That's an uber-cool looking lens.

I’ve just ordered yet another Panasonic 12-32 to replace the one I sold with my GX9 (so as to make a bundle). Also a Panasonic 20mm/1.7, as I have sold the 14mm too. I very much liked it but it didn’t offer much extra light over the 12-32 (a stop or so at 14mm) despite its excellent rendering. I suppose if budget had allowed I’d have both 14mm and 20mm but I really want that 20....

I have the 20mm, bought second hand in January, but havent really put it through the ringer yet. I got the PL15 mm about the same time so I have been working a bit with that and dont think I will be purchasing the 14mm even though I came close this week, as one surfaced for a reasonable price on the secondhand market here.

What I did buy was a second hand Canon S120, somewhat due to the small sensor challenge going on here, and after finding my S95 in a drawer, running that one a bit and seeing what the newer ones had of stuff. Finding that it gives 12-60 in optical zoom capasity, has a touch screen and wifi, I went to see what was available and found a decent enough camera for about $80ish.

Also ordered a belated Christmas present in the form of a Asus ProArt 27, the basic one and am eagerly awaiting delivery of that. Havent worked on a external screen for a bit more than a decade so am keen to see how that fares. It will go into my study/workshop which due to water ingress, probably ends up towards the home office/study/lightroom, rather than the workshop/depot with sofa and bookshelfs it has been for the last 15 years. The next heavy lift in that build is probably a photo printer in the "heavy" amateur segment, most likely a Canon Pro 200.

On the offloading market is quite a lot, a Olympus TG-6, most likely the GX8, and a lens line-up of Oly 17 f:1.8, P25 f:1.7, 12-32, P14-42PZ, P45-150 and possibly the Lee 7five system as it seems like its been axed from Lee, and this and that I may have forgotten.

Very nicely done.
Well written and well shot.

View attachment 251664

Well, a few minutes ago I won an Eprey auction for a Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.5 Lens for LTM w/M Adapter. It's the chrome version and will be a very nice lens.

Short term, I'll use it on my Olympus E-PL1 but longer term I am waiting on an inheritance to arrive and then I plan to buy a Leica digital M body. My hope is to find a M 240 but, honestly, I'd probably be happen even with an elderly M8.

Back