GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

LOL I'm stuck in K-3 mk III pre-order hell (CONUS).

Silver Premium kits arrived and are being shipped, some people have already received their kit.

Black and Silver bodies arrived and are being shipped, some people have already received their camera.

Standard plain black premium kits - delayed. B&H says they don't know when they'll get them. ("Should" be in the 2 - 4 week window after they started taking pre-orders.) Still can't (won't) tell me if I might get on from the first or second or third shipments, or even if I'm high enough on the pre-order list to get one at all. People who've ordered from another large retailer and smaller camera stores don't seem to be having an issue with lack of information.

The 26th is a date I've seen bandied about with regard to the black kits, so I'll see what happens Monday. May end up ordering a body from someplace that has them in stock, and cancel the pre-order. I'd pick up the battery grip later.

:coffee-79:

Well, as an update to the previous LOL...

Several peeps with kits on order called customer service today, as did I. And of course we got differing answers as to when to expect delivery. They should have a standard answer for customers at this point.

So, I ordered a body (silver even :eek:) through the US Ricoh-Pentax webstore. Order shows "processing". Several other people have ordered in the last few business days and already have cameras headed to their house.

If I get shipping notification from Ricoh I'll cancel the pre-order. If the body goes backorder at Ricoh, I'll cancel that and just wait for the preorder.

My first Tamron - the 17mm f3.5 Adaptall - bought it with a k & f mount adapter. Little bit hair-raising switching adapters but once I rtfm it wasn't too bad. Was impressed by the heft & build quality - not bad at all.

51142215124_fcf9210965_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
_1110055 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

Not bad in the centre but definitely has a really vintage cast on an apsc sensor - guess its a 28mm-ish equiv -

51141440531_ba23824a96_o.jpg
PXK59678 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

51142541790_dfca070765_o.jpg
PXK59681 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

Definitely better on the D600 full-frame - maybe more room to breathe on the larger sensor?

51141672108_96d381e3bc_o.jpg
DSC_1793 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

Couldn't pass on these two ......
Fuji X-T1 Graphite w/RRS L Plate, 5 batteries, charger, and flash for $385 shipped!
Fuji XF55-200 with all factory items in box for $385 shipped!
Both in 9 to 9+ condition.
Should arrive this Friday (hopefully) :dance4:
The Graphite X-T1 came today ......... WOW! Near flawless, hardened glass LCD protector already installed, 7 batteries total, 2 Wasabi chargers along with a factory Fuji charger, plus an unused EF-X8 flash, and an as new RRS L Plate. Did I get a deal, or what? :yahoo:
T4281856.JPG

Last edited:
Vollenda02.jpg

Just received this little Kodak Vollenda 48, (shutter serial number puts it at around 1934) with a Schneider 5cm f/3.5 Radionar lens.
Mainly acquired it because of the book in the background. Mac Fleming used a Vollenda for snapshots while serving as a motion picture camera man with the 165th US Signal Photographic Company in Germany in 1945.
Supposedly he carried it in the pouch for his first aid bandage.

Coincidentally my sample was sold through Olden Camera in New York City. Fleming also shot photos with his Vollenda in NYC while stationed at the SCPC on Long Island for training.

Couldn't pass on these two ......
Fuji X-T1 Graphite w/RRS L Plate, 5 batteries, charger, and flash for $385 shipped!
Fuji XF55-200 with all factory items in box for $385 shipped!
Both in 9 to 9+ condition.
Should arrive this Friday (hopefully) :dance4:
Received the XF55-200 in today's snail-mail and it is better than described. Zoom control nice & tight, focus ring very smooth, and preliminary I.Q. testing shows no optical anomalies. :2thumbs:

Finally arrived at 1925.

Photo over in the gear pr0n thread.

Several things immediately noticeable.

Solid. Ergos are kinda like a slightly down-sized K-1, with some refinements.

AF on the lenses I have tried so far is a bit zippier, and less cha-cha-cha fine tuning on the screw-drive lenses.

OVF. Definitely brighter, big plus. Image is larger, inside the viewfinder. Still has a limited FoV when looking into the OVF. A problem that has spread to almost every camera. Nikon F3HP, F4, D1 and D2 series had a nice large circular viewport with little or no restrictions. Most cameras since then have a rectangular mask (I assume to block light instead of adding a decent eye piece shutter) that restricts viewing. This can be a bigger problem for some people than others.

I'll start adjusting the settings and shooting with the camera tomorrow. I want to give the thing a good workout to see if that OVF is going to cause eye strain and headaches. If I can use the camera without glasses and avoid the eye strain/ headaches, I may keep it just for the improvements I've already noticed.

eta - I'll start a thread to share my thoughts, size comparison photos, etc... in the Pentax section sometime this weekend.

eta2 - thread here: Pentax - K-3mkIII Impressions

Last edited:
Have had half an eye on the used sales lists over here, somewhat looking for a properly (low) priced 14mm F:2,5 and scored it yesterday for roughly $80... Unfortunately without the back lens cap, so the fellow selling it, instead included a GF2 with battery and charger for it, in the same 80 bucks.

That said, I have not much vested interest in the GF2 as such, but can reuse the battery for the GX1 and may off-load the charger. I`ll just see how it fares.

As to wants for the moment, I am somewhat content having overcome bad bouts of gas for either the Canon EOS5D Mk II and the Nikon D700, as well as the Ricoh GRIII.

Pondering a GM1/GM5/GX800 for a Ricoh "stand-in" for a EDC option and somewhat needs a LVF-2 to round off the GX1. I have built somewhat of a cornucopia of a Lumix M43 system over the last 6 years, and is left with very little needs, a very few wants (Pana 42.5 f1;7, 35-100 f:2.8, PL25 f:1.4 and100-400) all of which, sans the 100-400, are covered with other options, and wish for a Godox OFC system to investigate that branch of photography and a black GX1 with no delamination issuses on the back screen, the one I have today is silver and have said issues.

You mean AF-D? If so, go for it. Sharp with far more character than the G series, even more pleasant than the AF-D F1.4 when it comes to rendering (yes, this is all subjective).

+1! Just to add: I have the AF (non-D, same optics - if you don't use flash, you won't notice the difference) - for what it is, it's a pretty good lens, appealing (if a bit "glowy" - vintage!) wide open, pretty well controlled stopped down with good sharpness (f/4 and smaller), nice working lens in-between, great for the price mentioned.

So I went ahead and picked up the lens. 50 f/1.4 D with hood. Very lightweight to carry, and compact. A perfect companion then.

Oh yes, there's glow wide open but it tames already at f/2. The viewfinder image shows crazy good pop which is always a pleasure. By f/2.8 the lens is critically sharp in any respect. Looking past the glow, one sees that the center sharpness is super even at f/1.4.

And yes, the bokeh is also something that is subjectively to my eye more pleasing than what the 2400 € Leica Summilux drew. Not too bad for a lens that went for 1/17th of the money. Add in the 45 cm MFD and it's a real hoot to shoot.

Add:

It is also most refreshing to shoot a 50mm angle of view without noticeable distortions. My other 50mm-capable Nikkors have a visible problem with barrel distortion as some of you have mentioned.

Last edited:
Feeding my retro gaming habit, my wife got me this my my birthday this month.
1909F8A1-8E85-4D56-B053-3D91619F265F.jpeg

the Anbernic RG351P.

I flashed a new, custom firmware on it and loaded it up with ROMS from my collection.

now I can take my collection of older gaming systems with me.

I’m also working on building my retro emulator setup in my gaming pc. No longer do I need to have a ton of consoles hooked up to my TV.

They can all stay safely packed in the garage now and my living room is much cleaner of electronics!!

Got it yesterday, the camera has had 2332 shutter activations, and both lens and camera had firmware Version 1.0 on them at arrival. Both now have 1.1, released in 2011... :D

GF2.jpg

Both have seen some garden action today, I was somewhat smitten with the size of the GF2, slightly underwhelmed by the menu system and massively underwhelmed by the screen in somewhat mediocre daylight. How it will look in a full blown sunny day, I dare not think about.

The lens is good, not quick but I can somewhat fathom what the hullabaloo around it are about. Some very off the cuff results:
garden.jpg
garden-2.jpg
garden-3.jpg

May try a tear-down of the lens, it feels like the manual focusing ring is riding on quite a bit of grit.

The camera is incredible slow, and I think I overstepped what it can handle as to sizewise in the card dept, with a 32GB card, I dont really think that it will see much use, but then again I bought the lot for 80 bucks and was after the lens, so putting it up as another clunker isnt too bad.

The battery can be used as a spare for the GX1 which I actually bought as a clunker and for the PZ14-42 that came along with it.

Addendum: seems like I just got hold of a copy of the Oly 15mm BDL for 28 bucks. That should be an interesting pairing with the GF2 and probably a pocketable combo.

Last edited:
Got it yesterday, the camera has had 2332 shutter activations, and both lens and camera had firmware Version 1.0 on them at arrival. Both now have 1.1, released in 2011... :D

View attachment 257532

Both have seen some garden action today, I was somewhat smitten with the size of the GF2, slightly underwhelmed by the menu system and massively underwhelmed by the screen in somewhat mediocre daylight. How it will look in a full blown sunny day, I dare not think about.

The lens is good, not quick but I can somewhat fathom what the hullabaloo around it are about. Some very off the cuff results:View attachment 257535View attachment 257536View attachment 257537

May try a tear-down of the lens, it feels like the manual focusing ring is riding on quite a bit of grit.

The camera is incredible slow, and I think I overstepped what it can handle as to sizewise in the card dept, with a 32GB card, I dont really think that it will see much use, but then again I bought the lot for 80 bucks and was after the lens, so putting it up as another clunker isnt too bad.

The battery can be used as a spare for the GX1 which I actually bought as a clunker and for the PZ14-42 that came along with it.
Nice acquisition breakdown.
I quite liked the little 14 and the GFs.
Have fun with them.

Back