GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

A fellow shutterbug came round yesterday, bearing gifts (well, bribes for some CLAs/Repairs)

haul2108.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

- Braun Super Paxette
- Kiev-88 magazine
- Vega-12b lens for Kiev-88
- Kiev-4 ...something with Jupiter-8 lens
- Exakta Varex
- Pre-war and Post-war 135mm Sonnars in Contax mount
- Some sort of M42 mount lens
- Yashica Lynx
- Leitz IXMOO cartridge

It's all going to need a CLA and half of it will probably go into the 'for sale' bin :D

Good times at a flea market last weekend. It wasn't a good weekend for my wallet ;)

haul2108_01.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Zeiss Ikon Box-Tengor type 54 ( 6x4.5cm )
Zeiss Ikon Kolibri type 523/18 ( 3x4cm ) with hard case, proxar and yellow filter.
A Heavy-duty Velbon tripod.
Olympus Trip 35 (for a whole Euro! Aperture needed freeing up, works fine now )
Kriegsberichter (book about Dutch war correspondents serving in the SS )

I am not able to post or even do shutter therapy that much due to me being overworked recently but my first dSLR Pentax, a K200D, just arrived from Germany!
View attachment 266133
View attachment 266134
It's in a mint condition.

I have already fiddled with it and will take some getting used to.

Congrats, Iron!
The K200d is a fine camera - and capable of creating great images, with seriously wonderful colors (which some claim are partially due to the camera's CCD-sensor).
Looking forwards to seeing some of your results - and photographs - with it!

So after some discussion over in the Leica subforum, I started looking around. I found this on Amazon for silly cheap (over $100 less than the lowest price on Ebay!)

412JSA8G76L._AC_.jpg

On the flip side, I found the Voigtlander finder that goes with it on Ebay for a low price too. I read online that it has a fairly strong green/magenta tints in the corners but I like black and white anyway ;)

So after some discussion over in the Leica subforum, I started looking around. I found this on Amazon for silly cheap (over $100 less than the lowest price on Ebay!)

View attachment 267879

On the flip side, I found the Voigtlander finder that goes with it on Ebay for a low price too. I read online that it has a fairly strong green/magenta tints in the corners but I like black and white anyway
You're aware that this is the old screw mount version, I guess - the optics should be the same, but you'll need an adapter (any L39 to M mount adapter will do - the frame lines aren't relevant anyway).

M.

Sold the X-T3/18mm 1.4. And flipped the proceeds to get everything in this photo. Of all the kits I’ve worked, including all of the Canon gear I’ve had. This is by far the gear I’ve enjoyed shooting with the most. View attachment 267962

Congratulations, Bobby.

There is truly a lot to be said for being able to use gear which somehow resonates with whatever it is in each of us that seems to unlock those mysterious gates of creativity - and either inspire us - or allow us - to flex some of our creative muscles.

I know this camera and these lenses are going to do that for you (and with you!), in small ways as well as big ones.
Plus...damn, they look so cool!

I think you made a really good move here.

A clip in 6 stop ND made by Case.
Nice to use with the all the different thread sizes I have.

Which mildly influenced a grab of a MF filter-threadless Rokinon 14mm.
Flawless @ $125. Pretty darned good price/performance ratio.
It's somewhat large and with the adapter a little unbalanced but not too heavy.

And if I can dial in some dramatic ultra wide off camera flash portraits I'll be able to call it useful too.

Last edited:
Back