GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

Z5 now has a "little brother" ....
TA152366.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This little guy sure is fun!​
No longer needing or wanting my Fuji gear!

My Nikon Z 40mm f/2 arrived this week. Finally had a chance to test it a little yesterday. Initial images look great and I'm more pleased with the construction and weight than I thought I'd be - the plastic mount doesn't bother me and the lens feels well-made overall. Now that I have a smaller lens than the S zooms and f/1.8S primes, I hope to use my Z cameras for more personal/everyday photography rather than just work and travel.

This lens doesn't come with a hood, and it doesn't have any sort of bayonet to mount one. I haven't looked at what the "recommended" hood is (or if there even is one). But I had an old Nikon HN-2 screw-in hood from the 28mm f/2.8D lens, and it works nicely, doesn't vignette, and IMO looks decent on this lens. So I'm just going to run with that.

View attachment 273890
View attachment 273891
View attachment 273892
Wow - good on you! I'm envious no end, too ... seems mine won't turn up until the end of the month :dash2:

M.

Wow - good on you! I'm envious no end, too ... seems mine won't turn up until the end of the month :dash2:

M.

Thanks, I was surprised to get the shipping notice on this last week. For some reason Nikon USA allowed NPS priority orders on the 40mm, but not on the 28mm. No idea why - they seem to be cut from the same cloth. So it appears my 40 came from the first batch to arrive in the US - which was entirely sold via pre-orders - but I still wait on the 28 even though I ordered it more than a month earlier. I hope you get yours soon!

Thanks, I was surprised to get the shipping notice on this last week. For some reason Nikon USA allowed NPS priority orders on the 40mm, but not on the 28mm. No idea why - they seem to be cut from the same cloth. So it appears my 40 came from the first batch to arrive in the US - which was entirely sold via pre-orders - but I still wait on the 28 even though I ordered it more than a month earlier. I hope you get yours soon!
I was able to lay my hands on one of the first and extremely scarce 28mm SE kits (I'm the only one in my town to own one, it seems) - so I guess I can't complain. However, the 40mm is the lens I've been hankering for virtually from day one for my Z 6 ...

M.

I was able to lay my hands on one of the first and extremely scarce 28mm SE kits (I'm the only one in my town to own one, it seems) - so I guess I can't complain. However, the 40mm is the lens I've been hankering for virtually from day one for my Z 6 ...

M.

I've seen your posts with the Zfc kit - looks very capable (and attractive)! My 28 order is for the SE version, too, which I'm very enthusiastic about. Like you, a more compact lens in the 40mm range was high on my Z want-list from the start, though, so I'm not upset that it arrived first.

I've seen your posts with the Zfc kit - looks very capable (and attractive)! My 28 order is for the SE version, too, which I'm very enthusiastic about. Like you, a more compact lens in the 40mm range was high on my Z want-list from the start, though, so I'm not upset that it arrived first.
I don't want to fuel GAS in any way, but if compactness is key, the Z 16-50mm DX punches *way* above its weight and is a joy to use (though I prefer it on the Z 50). Just saying ...

That said, the 28mm SE is a wonderful lens - whenever I'm out with the Z fc, I don't miss *anything*.

M.

Well, I seem to have bought another two LX7s...

851_1524014851.jpg180_1871768321.jpg
Sellers photos...

One for the drawer, probably the one I am using at the moment. It still has a few hundred actuations before it reaches 2K. The ones I have bought now has 5.5K and 9.5K actuations on the shutters, so the 5.5k for the good days, 9.5K for mucking about with.

Well the Z5 and X100v didn't last long. But I think this will. Import Pen E-P7. I found it on eBay. Seller said he travels from the US to Germany twice a year to visit family. He got one for himself, like it so much he bought another for his GF. But after trying his she decided to stay with her GM1. He even offered to take with him if it ever needs service and OMD US won't service it.

20211019_215251.jpg

Well the Z5 and X100v didn't last long. But I think this will. Import Pen E-P7. I found it on eBay. Seller said he travels from the US to Germany twice a year to visit family. He got one for himself, like it so much he bought another for his GF. But after trying his she decided to stay with her GM1. He even offered to take with him if it ever needs service and OMD US won't service it.

View attachment 274682
Great find! Such a classic-looking camera.

View attachment 274682
Congrats, David. I bought a very low mileage E-PM2 (to mount my 14-42 EZ on) for similar reasons. Tiny, but very capable.

A silver Panasonic GX80 and a black Olympus 17mm f/1.8 will arrive some time next week.

I didn't like the Olympus the first time I had it but now it was a part of a good package deal -- easy enough to sell it to further sweeten the deal on the silver GX80.

But at the same time I kind of don't like the slow autofocus of Panasonic 20/1.7 so I will probably keep the Olympus around for tests and winter time shooting.

This time, who knows. I certainly didn't like the sticker price of the Oly when I bought it brand new. This time the preowned one comes in at half the sticker, maybe I like the lens twice as much now?

So, continuing from my most recent post in the personal gear review thread. As I mentioned there I canceled my pre order on the 33mm 1.4 in favor of working with a 50mm. I have decided on, and found the 50mm I will be going with. And at the risk of being cliche, going big instead of going home.

1634948145728.png

Follow me for more bad ideas.........

So, continuing from my most recent post in the personal gear review thread. As I mentioned there I canceled my pre order on the 33mm 1.4 in favor of working with a 50mm. I have decided on, and found the 50mm I will be going with. And at the risk of being cliche, going big instead of going home.

View attachment 275075

Follow me for more bad ideas.........
Very neat. Be sure to post some stuff, especially at f/1.

Back