GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

While not the Greek god of fire, Prometheus, I do feel his daily agony as the camera is being punted around the local UPS store for no good reason. This is the third day it has been a 15 minute drive from me but undelivered. I suppose the lesson is patience and maybe a dose of acceptance. How can UPS get it all the way from France to within 10 miles of my door and then screw up? It takes a large measure of skill.

Each day it is late means more photos I will have to post so be prepared, I think. ;o)

Good Morning,

Just picked up my second M1X (used, <600 shutter clicks) and a brand-new M. Zuiko 12-100mm lens to add to my outdoor sports and travel kit. I love the ergometric design of the M1X, but I am honestly stunned by the overall quality of the zoom, both mechanical and optical. Pretty close to the "Swiss Army Knife" that can actually do a lot very well. Kind of wished I had this a year ago...

Regards,

Edd

for my macro work...

Screenshot (3).png

So, the Pixii/UPS story is that the carrier, UPS, will not deliver until the customs duties and fees are paid. But they never tell you that. So the camera was in an endless holding loop awaiting payment. The duties have been paid. I am hoping that means that UPS will deliver tomorrow. If there is sunshine you will see some very late postings from Oysterville. I will go back at a later and less adrenalized time to compare the M8.2 to the Pixii, same scene, same ISO, same lens to see how they compare. The Pixii is APS-C (1.50%CF) while the M8.2 is APS-H (1.33CF). The posts I have seen in the FB Pixii group and Flickr posts by owners look good. The CCD sensor in the M8 series and the M9 is good so I am looking forward to the tests.

Again, you have received fair warning and I will warn you no further. ;o)

The latest is the UPS International has control of the package which disappeared after fees and duties were paid. It went from "Out for Delivery" to "In Transit" and delivery time has vanished. A call to UPS International got me a snotty guy who could tell me nothing, even his name. Through all of this Pixii has been sterling. UPS says sometime in the next five days. Oh, that's great. No one knows where the package is. Which tells me they either did the obvious and lost it or sent it back to France and do not want to tell me.

I'll just have to open another box of patience.

You will pay the price with increased photo postings if it ever gets here. ;o)

Last edited:
The latest is the UPS International has control of the package which disappeared after fees and duties were paid. It went from "Out for Delivery" to "In Transit" and delivery time has vanished. A call to UPS International got me a snotty guy who could tell me nothing, even his name. Through all of this Pixii has been sterling. UPS says sometime in the next five days. Oh, that's great. No one knows where the package is. Which tells me they either did the obvious and lost it or sent it back to France and do not want tot tell me.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. My experiences have made me begin to suspect that when we get so excited anticipating new gear, count down the days and hours and plan all the good things we are going to do with it, somehow it puts something out into the universe that disrupts its timely and smooth arrival. Or someone somewhere thinks we need a lesson in perspective, when all we wanted was to have fun. I hope it makes it to you very soon.

As well as the new camera (q.v.), I've got a new phone, a Samsung S20 FE. I snapped a dandelion 'clock' with it this morning.
It's a phone that should serve you well. During the last round of updates I standardized all of the family to be the same phone model for everybody and went with the S20 5G FE; so far they've been doing great.

The latest in this wretched tale of sado-masochism is the UPS International now says I refused delivery! To quote the former King of Zululand, "BS and poppycock." It is now stuck in PDX. If Pixii can work magic it will be returned to me rather than to them. At this point I can do nothing as only the shipper has control now.

You folks are gonna pay dearly if this thing ever shows up. Every UPS screw-up is 10+ images posted. We have to be at around 150 by now. LMAO

Thanks, all , for listening to all my whining.

The latest is the UPS International has control of the package which disappeared after fees and duties were paid. It went from "Out for Delivery" to "In Transit" and delivery time has vanished. A call to UPS International got me a snotty guy who could tell me nothing, even his name. Through all of this Pixii has been sterling. UPS says sometime in the next five days. Oh, that's great. No one knows where the package is. Which tells me they either did the obvious and lost it or sent it back to France and do not want to tell me.

I stopped selling to international buyers on ebay because of so many delivery issues. And I've had some things returned overseas as "Undeliverable" , though I've been here "deliverableable" for over 25 years. You'd think a 5th of the way through the 21st century we'd have international deliveries nailed. But you would apparently be wrong. I hope the package turns up soon.

Back