GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

OK, so small - but hopefully fun - acquisition for me....
PGreen_IMG_4864.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

So the big decision is to decide which camera to shoot it in...the SUN 600 or the SX-70 with ND filter! :)

I bought and just received a low-mileage, near-mint OMD EM1-Mk 3 from a gentlemen on the MU-4/3 forum. I'm finding that programming the settings is substantially different than the EM1-2. But I received Darrel Young's manual in yesterday's mail, so that is helping. I like the Mk-2 button setup better, I think. I'll be selling one of my Mk2's eventually unless my wife decides to see the Olympus light, and part with her Canon 70d.

I picked up a Pentax-M 40-80mm f2.8-4 a couple of days ago from a shop. It struck me due to its small size, which you'd think would relate to poorer performance... and you'd (probably) be right. I only took a few sample photos with it on the K1 in the shop. PentaxForums rates it at a 7-something, which is okay but not impressive. I admit I overpaid a little, photography shops tend to mark up legacy lenses. But it was only $70 all told and if I pass it along, I'll probably only take a $20 loss.

I did notice the day after purchase that there might be a piece of grit in the zoom ring. I could feel it part of the time when turning the ring. I'll have to suss it out. I think I can return it via mail if I can't resolve it.

They still make that stuff? I remember some Fuji B&W film having a rather characteristic rendition in the midtones. But no idea whether it was Neopan or the later Acros stuff. I've probably used both of them, but it was ages ago.
This is a new film, hence the II designation. It was only a few years ago they brought it back, if memory serves.

Oh, the toothpick, by the way... Ever since I quit smoking a few months ago I've been addicted to toothpicks. Toothpicks and mints...
Congratulations on giving up smoking :) .

I'm 40 years now, and still consider myself a non-smoking cigarette addict ... Bloody dreadful addiction. It was my eighth or ninth attempt.

Every hospital admission they ask:

1) Do you smoke cigarettes? - No

2) Have you ever smoked? - Yes

3) When did you give up? - June 1982

And write it all down ...

Arrived yesterday, still haven't had time to put the camera on it for a proper test but.. it's everything I hoped it would be:

I have a lovely pink Mefoto Roadtrip that's stabilised 1500 videos so I decided it's time to dedicate that to my still and travel photography and do the video properly.

So, after reading @mike3996 thread "Dear Giary" I got the itch again to get me a sling bag. This time I found one in a store I could try out, so we did a summer trip to the (almost) nearby city of Kouvola. Bought the kid & missus an ice cream and myself a Lowepro Slingshot Edge 150 AW. And no, there were no sling bags I could try out and see if the amount of stuff I want to shove inside will actually fit anywhere nearer. So I had to drive 75km each way.

Did a thing.

Something I've wanted to do for years now, but always either missed a sale or had a balance on the credit card.

Not sure if this is going to be a regret thing later down the road...

:eek:

Ordered an XF 200/2 while it was $1000 off.

Now, I need to get to selling stuff and things.

:coffee-79:

Did a thing.

Something I've wanted to do for years now, but always either missed a sale or had a balance on the credit card.

Not sure if this is going to be a regret thing later down the road...

:eek:

Ordered an XF 200/2 while it was $1000 off.

Now, I need to get to selling stuff and things.

:coffee-79:
May it serve you well, Gordo.

Back