GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

I have no idea if it is the case for this lens but I find mpb’s search function quite flaky. Several times I have searched and it returned no results but going at it a different way shows plenty of stock. Now I usually just start with a broader search (Panasonic) then narrow it down (cameras, lenses, etc) and scroll through the list. For example If I search fz-300, fz300 or Panasonic fz I see no results. Clicking through Panasonic compact cameras shows they have 13 of them in stock. The only search that I found that returns results is “Dmc-fz300” that’s a little narrow by today’s search standards.
I noticed that too, but it’s not coming up in any other capacity either. I did notice the last time they had it, it was down to just 2 choices. I think they are just sold out. Really thinking about the Rokinon 12mm AF as an alternative. Price is right, and I’ve shot at 18mm FFeq before and it might be enough. Though I might still want OIS to squeak out a little more shutter speed for handheld water shooting. 🤔

That's a good one. It's very nicely sized and decently sharp. The MF version is also good. A little sharper imo and pretty easy to use especially if shooting with small apertures.
I just found a nice used copy of the Viltrox 13. Not small but with the fast aperture and decent AF should be fun.
I found a Rokinon AF 12mm f/2, but I wasn’t sure if that would be a good choice. Price is really good, and I have an X-T3, so no IBIS concerns.

I have no idea if it is the case for this lens but I find mpb’s search function quite flaky. Several times I have searched and it returned no results but going at it a different way shows plenty of stock. Now I usually just start with a broader search (Panasonic) then narrow it down (cameras, lenses, etc) and scroll through the list. For example If I search fz-300, fz300 or Panasonic fz I see no results. Clicking through Panasonic compact cameras shows they have 13 of them in stock. The only search that I found that returns results is “Dmc-fz300” that’s a little narrow by today’s search standards.
On MPB’s search, you have to type in the item exactly as it is named by the manufacturer. IE, if you want a Fuji 35mm. It has to be Typed Fujifilm XF 35mm. From there the f1.4 and other variants show up as clickable options.

On MPB’s search, you have to type in the item exactly as it is named by the manufacturer.
Yup, again:
that’s a little narrow by today’s search standards.
I certainly am old enough to remember when search terms had to be exact. That day has long passed though. I suspect mpb misses quite a few sales opportunities with people thinking they don’t have stock.

Speaking of KEH, I just found what I was looking for, a 10-24 XF, in Like New minus condition. I also had a 10% off coupon waiting to be used with them. I have had some trouble in the past where I ordered something from them, and they cancelled it due to an inventory error. Fingers crossed!

I'd say that completes my Fuji kit, but we all know better. :ROFLMAO:

Now that Uncle Sam returned my money, I got the approval to pick up a couple more lenses. An XF 35mm f2 is on the way, but darn the luck, the XF 10-24 f4 R is out of stock now. I was planning to go with the non-WR model since it’s quite a bit cheaper. I guess I’ll just wait that one out. Or do I go with a 12mm or 14mm prime? I don’t think they’d be wide enough for how I like to shoot UWA.

If you want to step outside the box, there is an intriguing new lens from Viltrox - the 13mm - with a fast f/1.4 aperture.
After reading Take Kayo's review of it, it's on my short list...

Speaking of KEH, I just found what I was looking for, a 10-24 XF, in Like New minus condition. I also had a 10% off coupon waiting to be used with them. I have had some trouble in the past where I ordered something from them, and they cancelled it due to an inventory error. Fingers crossed!

I'd say that completes my Fuji kit, but we all know better. :ROFLMAO:
Done buying gear again, are we?

I haven't bought anything for a few years ...

As long as you don't count the s/h E-PM2, JJC auto-opening lens cap, extra batteries and car charger, VF-4 viewfinder for the E-PM2.

Car chargers and batteries for my E-M1 MkI and E-M1 MkII.

Oh, nearly forgot, an f/4 8-25 Pro, plus a filter that cost me considerably more than the E-PM2.

And the s/h 14-42 EZ to replace my original one that died ...

I wasn't going to, really, but I had a wee bit to drink last night and bought an Agfa Karat IV camera off of Eprey. Seller says film tested so...

s-l1600.jpg

Had a Karat 36 & a Zeiss Contessa 35 once upon a time and always liked that style of camera. So another one on the way.

Canon PowerShot S3 IS front.jpgCanon PowerShot S3 IS back.jpg

Just scored this one for €20, not something I really thought about, but the model is the second digital camera I ever had, after an Ixus sized 4MP Konica.

The S3IS may very well still hang on the branch I hung it on up in the mountains spring 2008 and then forgot to put in the ruck after lunch was done. Bought it new in september 2006, after not having all my ducks in a row as to models and such. I was trying to buy a Canon G7, but relied on the shop clerk to interpret my order of "I want the newest Canon Powershot!" correctly and not giving me that thing, which really wasnt what I was after... :crying:

I may also finally end up using that little Canon HF-DC1 Flash I bought, along with the original camera...

Was oogling the G9/10 after the S3 was lost, but ended up with a couple of small Ixuses, before going for the Pentax K-7 and if my luck holds, I could end up with this K7 deal in about a day:
Pentax K7.jpg
Not too bad for €90...

The lenses are the AW ones, and those are rather nice for kit lenses. The body is in good working order with 18K actuations, but has a cracked cover over the top display. Being what it is, I think I will just have a look at it, and then possibly just use some modelling glue along the crack, closing it off.

Both re-buys are a bit towards the curiosity side of things, or "What did I really have?" back then, as well as nice additions to the collection, on several levels.

The XF 35mm f2 arrived today. KEH called it Excellent plus, but the thing looks brand new. The little hood is interesting. Threads on the inside instead of the outside? Is that how Fuji does it on this lens, or is it some kind of aftermarket hood? There are no markings anywhere on it that I can see. View attachment 367233

Congrats, Randy! I hope you enjoy it. For me, the XF35 'Fujicron' is one of the great lenses of all time, not just Fuji lenses, but all lenses. Its minimal size and weather-sealing are just two of the many, many reasons...but its focus speed is another, and its way of rendering is nearly at the top of the list. Looking forwards to seeing what you do with it :)

Back