GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Desires Big and Small

Still looking for my "perfect" camera.

At the moment I am eyeing the E-M 5 Mark 3. Looks like it would be perfect for my needs except it's still too big.
Is there a small IL camera with proper IBIS, EVF for glasses wearer, selfie capable, with decent AF? (more than just contrast detect)

From my research it's either the Fuji XT-4, Fuji XS-10, or E-M 5 Mark 3.

And none of them are actually small..

Still looking for my "perfect" camera.

At the moment I am eyeing the E-M 5 Mark 3. Looks like it would be perfect for my needs except it's still too big.
Is there a small IL camera with proper IBIS, EVF for glasses wearer, selfie capable, with decent AF? (more than just contrast detect)

From my research it's either the Fuji XT-4, Fuji XS-10, or E-M 5 Mark 3.

And none of them are actually small..
Right now the EM5 mkII is filling that niche pretty well for me.

Got some Crimbo money, so pondering a OCF set-up based around some Godox stuff, probably the Pro trigger, and possibly a 350 version and a bigg`un of some sort, not sure if it should be one of the large flashes or the 200Pro. I tend towards the latter one.

Not much of a flash user so it would be stepping into unchartered territory for me. I have tried it OCF exactly once before and that was in the 80s, but have been somewhat keen on giving it a go. I think I still have the printout of Strobist 101, I made in 2009 laying in a shelf... :unsure:

Got some Crimbo money, so pondering a OCF set-up based around some Godox stuff, probably the Pro trigger, and possibly a 350 version and a bigg`un of some sort, not sure if it should be one of the large flashes or the 200Pro. I tend towards the latter one.

Not much of a flash user so it would be stepping into unchartered territory for me. I have tried it OCF exactly once before and that was in the 80s, but have been somewhat keen on giving it a go. I think I still have the printout of Strobist 101, I made in 2009 laying in a shelf... :unsure:
The AD200 Pro is a very versatile light.

I kind of promised myself to try really hard to not buy a lot of photography stuff in 2022. I do not have any real needs but I would love to have the Olympus 150-400mm lens but the price tag of $7500.00 is just too much now that I am pretty much retired. I still lust for the Olympus 100mm-400mm which is more in my wheelhouse. I really think my days of travel to the National Parks to shoot wildlife has passed and the lens would be better served by a younger photographer. I hate it that I am now doing sensible things.

So much fun lies ahead.

To add to the stuff that is desired, the Samsung 16mm and 20mm pancake lenses, but can I get one at a Alex the tight will pay no I can't, its worse now a Galaxy NX was got for a steal. Also an Oly EVF for the Pen series, but not when they go for more then the cameras.

It's a great book.

@JensM
And youtube. Nothing like learning by watching.
Rob Hall is amazing. He explains the system very well imo.
Between Rob Hall, Daniel Norton(on Adorama's channel, and Gavin Hoey(also on Adorama's channel) you can learn everything you need about lighting. All three teach in a manner which makes it easy to learn.

If you want to see someone who uses Godox/Flashpoint lighting and Glow modifiers a lot. Francisco J Hernandez does really good work.

I think if I add a Sony 100-400 lens and an A7RIVa or maybe just an A7RIIIa to the bag, I'll be set. An A1 just seems too....I don't know....over the top for a shooter like me?

I've never really looked at a Leica.
Until yesterday.
Q2 or Q2M?
Of course I'd need to sell most of my gear.
Serious GAS.
John, just to put it out there: If you can hold out for a bit, you could most probably get yourself a Q3 ... I've decided to wait and see ... which allows for at least some saving up for it ...

M.

Last edited:
Per FM post: "Jesko von Oeynhausen just said in the live Leica Tech Talk about the M11 that there would be no other new products this year despite the most recent rumors. This is due to the effort that was required to create the M11. No Q3 this year."

John, just to put it out there: If you can hold out for a bit, you could most probably get yourself a Q3 ... I've decided to wait and see ... which allows for at least some saving up for it ...

M.

I think on and off about a Mint Originals camera, specifically for their free films for life perk. Their RF70 and RX70 use Instax Square and Wide (the two larger formats of Instax film), have pretty sharp glass lenses and manual and automatic controls. They are over $800, but, when you factor in potentially one or more free packs of Instax per month, it doesn't seem like such a bad deal. I could divest myself of this expensive instant photography habit by making one more large purchase, and then no expense afterwards. The cost of Polaroid film has gone up, and Instax isn't cheap either.

Back