GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Desires Big and Small

My GAS wish list.
Not in order.

1. C stand.
2. Ricoh GR, X100 or Coolpix A - wish
3. Grid for my 40" beauty dish
4. A Samyang 28-70 2.8 AF zoom should they ever decide to make one. Or the Sony kit lens in the meantime.
5. Oliphant custom 10'x12' backdrop - big wish
6. A7iii or A7Riii - will happen but not soon - maybe xmas 2020?

Last edited:
Interestingly, I am not the least big GASsy. I kinda stopped after I bought the Ricoh GRII, and because I hardly ever use it, will sell it before long, assuming I get round to it. I get occasional hankerings for an Olympus TG-6, but even though I have the funds... its not enough of a hankering to pull the trigger. I think my priorities have changed.

I’d like the latest Sony RX10. But apart from that... no wishes.

I have also hit a point in my life where there is nothing I am wanting aside from a couple of small accessories for lighting. Which is actually weird for me having shifted gear constantly for so many years depending on needs. And wants. Having cut back on what I am shooting went a long way towards this. But its a nice place to be.

Thinking about getting me a Mindshift Rotation Panorama bag. It's a backpack type with an integrated beltpack in order to get access to your gear without having to put down the backpack. Seems ideal for those days when I want to carry more than just a camera and a few lenses. But it's quite expensive, especially when you add the optional photo insert and rain cover, and according to the review on phillipreeve.net your back will get wet in warmer weather as ventilation is not optimal. Decisions, decisions... So far I'm holding my breath for a used one.

I'm using a similar-ish setup - but without backpack and beltpack being integrated.
Can't say how it compares, but works well enough :)

I'm combining a 'Hubba Hubba Hiney' beltpack with a short Marmot daypack (any daypack will do as long as it doesn't drop so low on your back that it collides with the beltpack).
May not be a sufficient alternative to the Rotation Panorama (which I haven't tried), yet works for me... :)

Holy Cow! That is one massive camera: Compact Camera Meter
When I'm deep into my fantasies and considering these wide Leica Summiluxes that are very large by Leica standards, they ain't nothing compared to DSLR glass...

:blush:
M10-P_weiss_Tragriemen_3D_RGB.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

At some point, it's going to have to be used. To take pictures. Will they be any good though?
If everybody has to see that you're using a Leica. Not very inconspicuous I'd say for a camera, that is often used for street photography.
Is it a street photography camera these days? I mean there's *a lot* of fine alternatives geared towards that in this day and age that are probably better.

At some point, it's going to have to be used. To take pictures. Will they be any good though?

Is it a street photography camera these days? I mean there's *a lot* of fine alternatives geared towards that in this day and age that are probably better.
Some folk feel that nothing else but a Leica is right for street photography, up to a point where someone claims that you don't understand what it's all about if you think you can do street photography with any other camera. Ah, the internet, isn't it fun? ;)

I picked up a Canon 50/1.2 on a Canon Vt Deluxe at a good price. Using a trigger winder on a camera is very conspicuous.

Now- for inconspicuous, I would leave my many Leica cameras at home (many defined as 10 or so) and bring the Tessina spring-wound version. The electric wind version is too conspicuous.

The Nikkor-N 5cm f1.1 would be nice to have, but not at $3K or so. I'm happy with my Nikkor-SC 5cm F1.5.

Some folk feel that nothing else but a Leica is right for street photography, up to a point where someone claims that you don't understand what it's all about if you think you can do street photography with any other camera. Ah, the internet, isn't it fun? ;)
Sound like the same type of people who say you're only a "professional" if you are shooting with full frame cameras. And everything else is amateur.

I picked up a Canon 50/1.2 on a Canon Vt Deluxe at a good price. Using a trigger winder on a camera is very conspicuous.

Now- for inconspicuous, I would leave my many Leica cameras at home (many defined as 10 or so) and bring the Tessina spring-wound version. The electric wind version is too conspicuous.

The Nikkor-N 5cm f1.1 would be nice to have, but not at $3K or so. I'm happy with my Nikkor-SC 5cm F1.5.
It's always been interesting to me how stratospheric the difference in price between F1.5 and F1.1 (or more commonly F1.4 and F1.2) can be with lenses.

Back