GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Desires Big and Small

Oh... I almost forgot: If money was no object, I'd pick up a Leica Q2 and a Q2 Monochrom. But that's not happening.

So... a near-to-mid-term desire would be a Sony A7c and maybe an RX10 IV.
A used A7C+28-60mm for $1720, but you can't buy it till 6pm opening:

Olympus has this amazing trade in deal right now on the E-M1X. You trade in something, they knock $300 off the $1999 price and whatever they are willing to give you for the body. At worst, this body will cost you $1699. Given that mu43 has some nice long lenses, this is a great price on wildlife camera.

Olympus has this amazing trade in deal right now on the E-M1X. You trade in something, they knock $300 off the $1999 price and whatever they are willing to give you for the body. At worst, this body will cost you $1699. Given that mu43 has some nice long lenses, this is a great price on wildlife camera.
It is a great deal. But I just can't see carrying around that camera with the battery grip permanently attached. I'm sure others will see it differently.

A used A7C+28-60mm for $1720, but you can't buy it till 6pm opening:

Good deal!

The A7c keeps calling my name.... not sure how much longer I can resist...

The battle of MILC cameras continue.

This evening my mood swings towards Nikon Z6. Ultimately for me a FF MILC camera has to be about adapting foreign lenses on it. And M4/3 meanwhile plays to its biggest strength: compact and nice zooms. So it all might fall down to primes vs zooms argument in the end? I know where my allegiance lies. :confused-95:

It is a great deal. But I just can't see carrying around that camera with the battery grip permanently attached. I'm sure others will see it differently.
Yeah, it’s the Nikon D3 DSLR-style body. Built for handling and room for the innards. It’s a wildlife body all the way. All 20 mp are packed into a mu43 space with done very respectable tele- and telezooms available. The E-M1 iii is the street body, if you will.

I guess it all depends on how much having a brand-new camera with manufacturer's warranty is worth to you. The answer is different for everyone. Especially if you already have a PL 12-60, Panny 12-35 or the like.
Warranty and buying new is a beautiful thing but knowing myself, I'll PROBABLY get bored of any given camera faster than what it deteriorates. If I know for sure the camera will be a lifelong companion then buying new is a sure thing. The likes I'm currently considering, no such guarantees can be made.

So the resale value has to be kept in mind. At least if you're a cheapskate like me. G9 used keeps a steady ~700 € value so there's very little loss if buying and selling used. Buying new, there's pretty much a guaranteed loss of 400 €.

Warranty and buying new is a beautiful thing but knowing myself, I'll PROBABLY get bored of any given camera faster than what it deteriorates. If I know for sure the camera will be a lifelong companion then buying new is a sure thing. The likes I'm currently considering, no such guarantees can be made.

So the resale value has to be kept in mind. At least if you're a cheapskate like me. G9 used keeps a steady ~700 € value so there's very little loss if buying and selling used. Buying new, there's pretty much a guaranteed loss of 400 €.
I've thought about the G9 so many times because of its capabilities and the great price. However, it's the same size as the Fuji XH1, which was also a lovely camera but just too big for the way I tend to shoot. By that I mean it's great if you go out for a day of photography, but not as good if you just bring a camera along when you are doing other things. The latter is how I get most my images.

Last edited:
I considered long and hard about buying Nikon Df brand new as they happened to have stock. In retrospect it was wise not to do that. I'm not at all sure what I want from that camera, how and why align my expectations with its performance, whether DSLR experience is the right fit and so on.

Now Leica M10-R would be a solid decision in that I know it'll do the things I love, to the extent I wouldn't mind paying for a new one. Only we're talking about such absolutely large sums of money this new factor surfaces.🥵

Recent Leicas are so much money that it's practically, financially very rational and sane to try cheaper brands before proceeding with the system I so love.

In a sense, Nikon Z6 and/or Panasonic G9 are part of my bachelor party before marrying the M10R or M11 in a couple of years. ;)

I was also very intrigued by this one when I first saw it, but the extremely high price for an APSC experiment is not something I could ever stomach. If I had the funds, I’d rather get something like a Leica Q.
I had Leica Q and ended up selling it. I just didn’t bond to the focal length of it. The price of this Pixii is on the ‘ugly’ side, though. But still, I just need to figure out how to finance this experiment with selling something from the camera cabinet 🤔

Or forget it 😉

Would love to get the Sony FE 20mm f1.8. I have the Zeiss Batis 18mm f2.8 and although the pic quality is really good it's ugly doesn't have any buttons at least a AF/MF button would be nice, don't like the focus ring, just never really connected with this lens sort of speak. I think it'll go to Ebay soon to fund the Sony.

When it comes to the crop sensor rangefinders I don't think Pixii is a particularly desirable choice. Rather I'd seek out either Epson RD1 or Leica M8, or both.

No denying that the Pixii looks good. The blue top LCD is really nice design.

----

I am kind of debating whether I should start collecting those SLR lenses I so often talk about collecting. Leica 180 f/3.4 APO-Telyt-R and Super-Angulon-R 21/4 could be items. They can be leitaxed into Nikon F mount but I think I'd rather have them in original form and adapt. But of course, Leica R is not a requirement and Nikkor for example has pleasant options for less money in these focal lengths.

----

Black Friday deals are getting more intense towards Friday.

Stores want to empty the stock of old products so Nikon Z6 sees pretty grand deals right now. Z6 + 24-70 f/4 + FTZ + XQD card for less than the price of a new Z6ii body only.

Then this. The graphite Fujifilm X-Pro2 with a matching 23/2 lens is now only 1400 €, a very reasonable ask for this graphite version. Silver X-E3 sees a hefty deal on it too.

Last edited:
Those new lenses look like the 45 2.8. I have that and I really like it. Quick to focus and beautifully made.
Yes, from FM:

2074525.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Looks like Sigma got tired of Samyang eating into their lower budget tier of lenses! The 35mm f/2 and 65mm f/2 look the most interesting to me. Though 65mm is an odd focal length, but I guess it'll function similar to a 58mm lens, but with a slightly longer FOV to aide in OOF blur. The 24mm looks the most meh to me though. I always feel if you're going to go wider than 28mm, you might as well go 20mm or 18mm instead. A 20mm f/3.5 sounds more appealing.

Back