GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Desires Big and Small

I was surprised when you sold it. I made the move in the opposite direction. After shooting with a E-M1 ii for a little over a year I found a nice used G9 to try. The G9 won the battle.
Yeah, discontentment and all that. It’s definitely a chunky body, but certainly very comfortable and Panasonic was smart to put such a good EVF in it and the ergonomics are really good. It’s not what people think of with M43 in terms of size, but that’s not really what it is all about.

I handled a Leica (Leitz) CL today at Glazer's in Seattle... A terrific-feeling small M body. Definitely feels better than my Bessa-T in build, and the viewfinder is decent with glasses.

I don't think it would simplify my life in any way. But I did like it. $499 with a warranty from the shop. A little rich for my blood.
Followed by the Summicron 40mm F2, made specifically for that camera, I mean one can’t go without the other can it😂

The used E-M1X are annoyingly affordable. I’ve always been curious about it but, fortunately, my style of shooting doesn’t play to its advantages. It’s also a bit on the large side. EM1iii or even EM5 iii would probably be better. Of course, I will have to wait to see the new OM-5, supposedly being announced in Sept. I might be interested if it has the new stacked sensor and a tempting price.

Last edited:
The used E-M1X are annoyingly affordable. I’ve always been curious about it but, fortunately, my style of shooting doesn’t play to its advantages. It’s also a bit on the large side. EM1iii or even EM5 iii would probably be better. Of course, I will have to wait to see the new OM-5, supposedly being announced in Sept. I might be interested if it has the new stacked sensor and a tempting price.
Yeah, the OM5 might be tempting if they can get us that new sensor at a better price. It’s gotta have HHHR though at this point.

Yeah, the OM5 might be tempting if they can get us that new sensor at a better price. It’s gotta have HHHR though at this point.
I think some level of HHHR is a given. The EM5 Series is an important revenue source for them. Mu43 hasn’t been a main camera for me for a while, but the right OM-5 would tempt me. For most of my shooting, an OM-5 would be just fine. The E-M5 ii was one of my favorite cameras, and the mu43 mount has a lot of wonderful glass.

I’ll be watching this OM-5 release with curiosity. Hopefully it doesn’t make me regret divesting in my 300mm pro or 12-100 pro, although it seems the bodies are finally catching up to the glass. We shall see.
They appear to have the pieces to make a nice little camera. The real questions are will they put them together at a price that makes the body attractive. $1500 would be the very most I would consider.

I wonder if a Nikon D700 would be a pair to my Df?

There's a seller who's selling a D700 + 24-70/2.8 kit for 400 €. The package deal also includes a D1X camera.
Mike,
When I first got a D700, I was very impressed with the images. Liked them even better than the high res D800 or D850.
That said, I eventually sold it and got a D750. But I never warmed up to it like the D700.
Sold the D750 to get a Z5 (which uses the same sensor).
I still have a Df, but now that I used the Z5 for the Single In July, am thinking about selling the Df and only having the Z system for Nikon.

No quite a burning desire but I thought this was pretty neat. I have no idea how well it works.

Interesting idea, I can see some use for it as such. Mostly to camouflage a suitable digital cameras in a "retro" environment, for those that partake in such. That on a brown and/or black and silver house with a thin leatherstrap should go a long way fitting in.

I have been informed that the PL 9 mm is in stock no earlier than October up here, so that is somewhat of a bummer. On the other hand, I am down to that and the Oly pancake 14-42mm on the "Want" list, so there is always that. Stumbled over rumours that the latter has the same cable band issues that the Oly 9-18mm has, so now am a bit leery towards it.

If I should add anything, I fancy something that is not made, a decent enough 12-40 pancake.

It should be in the vicinity of the PZ14-42 or even slightly more protuding collapsed, but no bigger in diameter. Power zoom optional, but I live well with a manual one. F-stops in true kit-form, 3.5 -5,6(ish). Preferably weathersealed and as light as possible, 46-52mm filter tread. Metal mount.

I wonder if a Nikon D700 would be a pair to my Df?

There's a seller who's selling a D700 + 24-70/2.8 kit for 400 €. The package deal also includes a D1X camera.
I don't see any advantage in adding a D700 when you already have a Df, Mike.
I first used a D700 and then added a Df. I've kept the D700 because the AF was supposed to be better than that of the Df.
I never needed the D700 again.

Back