GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Desires Big and Small

I don't have a yearning for different equipment, as the E-M1 Mk III makes for a fine combo with the 12-45 Pro. But I haven't been doing much photography at all, basically just documenting my woodcraft projects, and I almost never use the advanced computational features of the Mk III. If OM Systems ever went out on a limb and crafted a camera as well built as the Mk III, but with only the barest features needed for capturing images, it would be a very tempting camera, for me at least.

Some common but interesting Nikkors keep popping up in the markets. For example the venerable 35/2 AF.

The bonkersville aspect is that I most of all desire them to use on my Olympus. I get good results adapting/speedboosting them but I lack wide angles that could turn into wide normals and normals on Olympus.

On their native home, Df, the results of AF Nikkors are often lackluster in one way or another.

And now I am reminded how I bought a Samyang 20mm f/1.8 on the cheap once but didn't like the experience with the lens on the Df. It'd been perfect on the Olympus (14mm f/1.27 speedboosted), if a little big and heavy.

I have been dreaming of getting a stick shift 1960's VW bug. This is me in the early 1970's with one of my VW bugs. I still miss it.

Attachments

• vw_me.jpg
    vw_me.jpg
    697.1 KB · Views: 89
I love the Fuji gear I have. I think I really appreciate the primes more as well as the smaller zooms, but not really needing the ultra wide or the 70-300 as much.

Given that Fuji has announced the discontinue of the X-Pro3, I’m hoping that means they are close to announcing the X-pro4

My desire for that camera would be:
26mp BSI or full readout sensor.
AF as good as the XT4 or XT5
IBIS
Batteries from the XT4/XT5

Don’t care too much about the rear screen, would like to have the return of the OVF/EVF equivalent of the XPRO2, but not a must.
Would also be nice to have an external switch for the IBIS or at least be able to set a function button to switch it on and off.

Give me those and I’ll happily rock my X-Pro2 , sell the XT4 and just have those 2 rangefinder-esque bodies for my Fuji cravings.

The only air-cooled car I ever owned was a motorcycle, so I guess that doesn't count.
I don't think the thing that made the 2CV absurdly fun is the engine, although it sure adds character. In the 2CV's case it is the combination of long, very soft suspension, the simplicity of the interior and the funky gear-change mechanism which really stand out.

What makes it absurdly fun, I guess, is that despite the combination of very low power, ridiculous lean in the corners because of that long suspension and the unintuitive gear-change, it is charming to drive.

Desires? :unsure:

Possible f2.8 telephoto, like 300 or 400mm.

Also really fancy a Medium Format digital camera (I don't need one, or doubt it will improve anything, just fancy one) but looking at the prices of use Hasselblad, Phase or Leica gear the Fuji GFX system looks very tempting.
I frequently have gone down the rabit hole of looking at digital MF and Leicas, both I know personally is a waste some of the bodies come in at a reasonable price but once you look at a couple of lenses. However having handled both Leica M (still have an M3) and Hassleblad X series they do feel so beautifully made over most other modern cameras, that does fuel the desire.

I’ve seen the X-E3 at not too bad a price at KEH. Somehow I didn’t know the X-E line existed until a few weeks ago. What a nifty little camera.
Agreed. I had quite a hard time letting go of my X-E3 - but I was getting out of the X mount, so it had to go. Thankfully, the X100V actually outdoes it - but not by the margin the price difference would suggest.

M.

Back