GAS GAS: Please share your latest near acquisitions - a.k.a. "what did you ALMOST buy"

theoldsmithy

Hall of Famer
Name
Martin Connolly
I've tried the LX100, twice. I really "dislike" power zoom lenses and I did notice some of the AF issues at infinity. It's a camera I really wanted to like.
Same here. I had one, hated the zoom, sold it, missed the IQ and lens so bought another one, hated the zoom, sold it. I could live with the less than stellar EVF but that glacial zoom lens...eesh.

theoldsmithy

Hall of Famer
Name
Martin Connolly
My most recent near miss was on a Fuji X30 about 2 years ago. I was pipped in the last few seconds of an eBay auction. I should have bid that extra £10 -I think an X30 would really suit me but they're really hard to find at reasonable prices now. MPB had a few recently but they had all gone by the time I had funds. Perhaps it's not to be.

Taneli

Veteran
Name
Daniel
I did almost buy a Panasonic G9, it was from a country which I thought we traded for free with. But some hours after placing the order I noticed that we do not and suddenly it became 20% more expensive. Oops! Not so good of a deal then. So I cancelled it. Waiting for a new deal...

lucien

Legend
A lot has changed over the years. Everyone wants some of the action including ebay, when it comes to selling stuff esp. Ebay wants a fee, Paypal wants a fee etc.

Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
My most recent near miss was on a Fuji X30 about 2 years ago. I was pipped in the last few seconds of an eBay auction. I should have bid that extra £10 -I think an X30 would really suit me but they're really hard to find at reasonable prices now. MPB had a few recently but they had all gone by the time I had funds. Perhaps it's not to be.

If you can find one for an affordable price, Martin, I suspect you would enjoy it. The X30 is one of the finer and more versatile compact small-sensored cameras I've ever used.

Last edited:

Taneli

Veteran
Name
Daniel
I did almost buy this...

Have had my eye on this for long time, last time it was 50% discounted there was not possible to order it. And this time, with even lower price, 550 Euro!!! It seem to have vanished before I had the chance to place an order :(

1665429108698.png

Price increased by 512 Euro!! 🤪

1665429260668.png

BUT!! ....as I clicked around I noticed there were other sellers that also had discount....

So I got this nice deal, 699 Euro! :) (it was about ~7800 SEK with free shipping to Sweden! For a brand new G9!)

1665429587492.png

Taneli

Veteran
Name
Daniel
...and now I got an e-mail from Amazon saying the camera was not available so the order is cancelled and I will get a refund! 😫 seems to be hard to actually get this deal when it comes. Ok, I will wait until next time....
The positive thing is that it suddenly became an On-topic post, I did almost buy it :) thought I was Off-Topic there for a while 😃

...and now I got an e-mail from Amazon saying the camera was not available so the order is cancelled and I will get a refund! 😫 seems to be hard to actually get this deal when it comes. Ok, I will wait until next time....
The positive thing is that it suddenly became an On-topic post, I did almost buy it :) thought I was Off-Topic there for a while 😃
Today Rajalacamera is selling a G9 + 12-60/2.8-4 combo for an even 999 €. Not too bad because the lens is somewhat easily resold for 400 €.