Film G'day from AUS

stillshunter

Super Moderator Emeritus
Name
Mark
G'day everyone. Mark here from Australia.
Thanks for the referral @MoonMind(y)

Didn't release Amin had opened up a film forum. Excellent!!! Been a Serious Compacts member for a looooong time. Love my film having cycled through my fair share of gear from Leicas M2 and M4-P, through to some legendary compacts like the Contax T3, Klasse S, Leica Minilux, etc, etc., Dumped most my gear as time was no longer my own and so went to almost completely digital. But the Siren's Call was too strong and two new 35mm cameras arrived today.

r0000122-1024resize_orig-jpg.122309

Otherwise currently on the shelf is a few compacts - mju-ii, XA, XA2, as well as the YashicaMat 124G for when the MF bug bites.

So let's say I am back...again!

Hope to spend a little time here and assume we have a similar cosy place as we do over at Serious Compacts.

Welcome!

Very nice kit you have there! And yes, we need challenge/project here. My 2016 was very dedicated to film, so on this year's SiJ I feel like I'm cheating on my film cameras...

G'day everyone. Mark here from Australia.
Thanks for the referral @MoonMind(y)

Didn't release Amin had opened up a film forum. Excellent!!! Been a Serious Compacts member for a looooong time. Love my film having cycled through my fair share of gear from Leicas M2 and M4-P, through to some legendary compacts like the Contax T3, Klasse S, Leica Minilux, etc, etc., Dumped most my gear as time was no longer my own and so went to almost completely digital. But the Siren's Call was too strong and two new 35mm cameras arrived today.

r0000122-1024resize_orig-jpg.122309.jpg

Otherwise currently on the shelf is a few compacts - mju-ii, XA, XA2, as well as the YashicaMat 124G for when the MF bug bites.

So let's say I am back...again!

Hope to spend a little time here and assume we have a similar cosy place as we do over at Serious Compacts.
Wow, a lovely collection of film gear there. Funny how so many of us gravitate to the classic mechanical cameras and fixed-lens point-and-shoots, and there's less nostalgia for the auto-focus SLRs and zoomy p&s that were the end-state of the film camera art.

Wow, a lovely collection of film gear there. Funny how so many of us gravitate to the classic mechanical cameras and fixed-lens point-and-shoots, and there's less nostalgia for the auto-focus SLRs and zoomy p&s that were the end-state of the film camera art.
I agree - though my way back into film was also fuelled by being able to pick up my trusty old F-801s and shoot away using proven technology (AF, matrix metering). But the whole thing got momentum when I picked up an old rangefinder (the Zeiss Ikon Contessamat E) and really enjoyed that experience ... Full control, no battery :)

M.

Back