GAS GEAR: Please Share your Latest Disposals Big and Small

With only a little bit of regret, I've just sold the E-M1 - which I have used extensively over the last 9 months, and quite enjoyed. It was a little like saying farewell to an old friend. A brilliantly designed and eminently usable picture-taking tool.

XPro3_Jan18_22_front_of_EM1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The main and only reason I parted with it - was to acquire a replacement, a slightly newer and more technically capable Olympus, for the wildlife and avian photography which fascinates me. But since the newer versions of the E-M1 are significantly larger (and heavier) than this one, and since I prefer smaller cameras wherever and whenever possible, there was only one choice which made sense: an E-M5.3. More on that newer camera to follow, in a different section :)

With only a little bit of regret, I've just sold the E-M1 - which I have used extensively over the last 9 months, and quite enjoyed. It was a little like saying farewell to an old friend. A brilliantly designed and eminently usable picture-taking tool.

View attachment 340081

The main and only reason I parted with it - was to acquire a replacement, a slightly newer and more technically capable Olympus, for the wildlife and avian photography which fascinates me. But since the newer versions of the E-M1 are significantly larger (and heavier) than this one, and since I prefer smaller cameras wherever and whenever possible, there was only one choice which made sense: an E-M5.3. More on that newer camera to follow, in a different section :)
Bittersweet, but I think the EM5 III is significantly more powerful under the hood, so while you might miss the haptics a little here and there, it's a wise upgrade!

Sadly, my very cool Pentax K-5 iis camera has gone back to the person who sold it to me, because of a rather severe problem with a sticking (and very nearly non-functional) mode dial. He had mentioned it before the sale but it was far, far worse than his initial description (and, in all fairness, he hadn't used the camera in some time, so possibly it had further deteriorated in the interim period when it was sitting, unused, in the back of his closet). Some things were not meant to be.
Hoping there will be a replacement (and even better) Pentax body in the future, taking its place ;)

Sadly, my very cool Pentax K-5 iis camera has gone back to the person who sold it to me, because of a rather severe problem with a sticking (and very nearly non-functional) mode dial. He had mentioned it before the sale but it was far, far worse than his initial description (and, in all fairness, he hadn't used the camera in some time, so possibly it had further deteriorated in the interim period when it was sitting, unused, in the back of his closet). Some things were not meant to be.
Hoping there will be a replacement (and even better) Pentax body in the future, taking its place ;)
Fingers crossed for that future replacement body! ;)

I shipped off my meager collection of Fuji XF gear. I keep trying to like the system, and have had many X-mount cameras and lenses, but have never had a long-term attachment to any of them. No quibble with build quality or IQ; if they had an analog to the excellent Olympus 12-45 f/4, the discussion might be very different. I kept the little X30 with its excellent lens, as there are times I want a small camera I can shove in a jacket pocket or a tiny handlebar bag.

The little GF7 which served my wife well for years, and which seemed to vanish in a hotel room once but then reappeared deep underneath a seat in the car months later (after we bought a replacement G100 with a 12-32mm to replace it!), has been sold along with its silver version of the parenthetical lens. I was surprised to see how rare GF7 models are, so selling in used but working condition for $300 with the lens was a decent price.

Well the latest Fuji X70 didn't last long. I sold the prior one when I got the Pen F, which I sold for X100V. Which I sold for the E-P7. I didn't sell the E-P7 with this X70 and I'm glad I didn't. Yes, the E-P7 + P14 is a bit heavier than the X70. But I add 1/2 cases on these bodies and a hood on X70's, so the difference in size and weight is 20-30 grams.

Last edited:
Lumix G7 001.jpg

Put up the add for this one today, have a few lenses to sell off, and pondering if I shall put up ads for the GX9 and the G90 as well. I think both those slots can be filled with the E-M5MkIII. This brings me a smaller form factor and weather-sealing to boost, which still holds even if I need to add the optional grip on the Oly to get it to handle the bigger lenses.

The problem is that I like both of them rather much, and I would loose out of the dual IS, running Panasonic lenses on Oly bodies. How much that really matters, I am not too sure of.

Lenses that I am quite sure of going in the classifieds are the Lumix 12-60 and the Lumix 14-140 f/3.5-56, as well as an assortment of Lumix 14-42 kit lenses, which I have an obscene amount of and not much need for. Of the "high ticket" items on the gear shelfs, the only ones that for the moment lives a life of safety and comfort are the Lumix f/2.8 zoom set, the Oly 12-45 Pro and probably the PL primes, at least the wide ones... :unsure:

View attachment 357878

Put up the add for this one today, have a few lenses to sell off, and pondering if I shall put up ads for the GX9 and the G90 as well. I think both those slots can be filled with the E-M5MkIII. This brings me a smaller form factor and weather-sealing to boost, which still holds even if I need to add the optional grip on the Oly to get it to handle the bigger lenses.

The problem is that I like both of them rather much, and I would loose out of the dual IS, running Panasonic lenses on Oly bodies. How much that really matters, I am not too sure of.

Lenses that I am quite sure of going in the classifieds are the Lumix 12-60 and the Lumix 14-140 f/3.5-56, as well as an assortment of Lumix 14-42 kit lenses, which I have an obscene amount of and not much need for. Of the "high ticket" items on the gear shelfs, the only ones that for the moment lives a life of safety and comfort are the Lumix f/2.8 zoom set, the Oly 12-45 Pro and probably the PL primes, at least the wide ones... :unsure:

Pardon my ignorance and curiosity (of which I have too much, on occasion), Jens - but what Lumix model is this? It looks oh-so-familiar to me, but I can't quite put my finger on which one... and it's driving me nuts.

So the G7 will be underway towards its new owner come tomorrow, and one of the 14-42EZ will be picked up later this week by a friend which I just pushed into M43 territory. He is waiting for a OG E-M5 body with 3300ish actuations, looking mint with all sundries, box and a spare battery.

So within the last four weeks, I have brought two fellows into

M43 twilight zone.jpg
:hail:

And tomorrow this one is going out in the mail:

Oly 9mm rett.jpg

No need for having two of them, which is the current stock.

Bought a replacement for a lost one last winter and got a spare along with a partially wrecked camera I bought this autumn. Now the 45 f/1.8 that came with the same camera needs to move and then I am in the black on that particular project, and has a complete HLD-6 grip to boost, along with a couple of extra batteries and a charger.

The full black GM1 is probably in the mailbox tomorrow, so the silver one will be getting an add, and I am not through pondering if I am going to offload either the G90 or the GX9 or both of them. The G90 came very close to getting a photo session this afternoon, so there are some slight movement there.

Along with the other bits, out the door is also the Oly plastic fantastic 40-150, and a Nikon ES-1 slide copier adapter.

What remains up in the local classifieds now, is a Oly 45 and a well used Lumix 14-42MkI, which leaves me with two complete and pristine of the same, to sling after the cheapo is out the door.

With mixed feelings, I have sold what to date was my favorite mirrorless digital camera, my Fujifilm X-T3... and along with it one of my favorite pieces of Fuji glass, the relatively small 'Fujicron' XF35 f/2... My original intent was just to sell the camera body, but the buyer who took them off my hands really wanted the lens as well, so selling both facilitated the sale. Why, you wonder, am I selling my favorite camera? Because, hopefully, knock on wood, its sale will partially facilitate my acquisition of the camera I hope to replace it with.... (drumroll) .... an X-T5. If that works out, I'm planning on reacquiring another copy of the 35mm Fujicron to go with it.

But in the interim period, I'll miss this one... which truly performed far above and beyond my highest expectations. (Though, the good news is, its new owner is returning to Fuji after an absence, and I think will appreciate it and treat it well.)

EP5_Oct30_22_XF35_on_XT3#1.jpg

I’ve recently parted with my Fuji S2 pro, Olympus E-300, and Nikon p950. I also have my Mavica FD5 and Olympus D600L up for sale. As much fun (or not) as some of these antique digitals were to shoot with, I’ve narrowed it down to just two keepers. The Nikon D1X and my Pentax k200d. I enjoy both of them too much.

Now the recent sales have all also allowed me to purchase a new OM-5, so that’s an added plus.

Back