Gear: What Camera Is This?

My first thought was either a Panasonic G5 or G6 as the lens looks like a M4/3 lens, Panasonics P12-35mm. Looked at the original on your flickr page at full size showed it was niether of those cameras. Rumour has it Panasonic are going to launch the G7 soonest, could this be a Beta version being tested out in the field? That's what I would put my money on.

Agree with Nic. Looks like a Canon (flip screen, two longish buttons on the left and two round on the right top side, lens with deep and small rippled gum).

Looks like I'll have to get technical here :)

EOS600D_zpsb333bd26.jpg

The Magnify +/- buttons on the top right immediately identify it as a Canon EOS DSLR, as do the angled chamfers of the viewfinder cup. The mode dial being on the right means it is an xx0D or an xx00D. The hinge of the articulated screen means that it is a 600D, 650D, or 700D. The non-circular shaped buttons to the left of the viewfinder and the angled right hand shoulder (as opposed to a rounded shoulder) indicates to me that it is more likely a 600D rather than the newer 650D or 700D, but I'm sure that it still takes excellent photos.

canon 750d - Google Search

The lens itself is classic consumer level Canon EFS with black plastic and silver trim ring. The length of the lens leads me to think that it is an EFS 55-250mm, and the smaller gap between the zoom and focus ring would make it a Mark I as opposed to the newer STM model. A Mark I 55-250mm is also consistent with the camera being a 600D.

canon 750d - Google Search

Here's a photo that I once took with a Canon DSLR

15895356951_f3dc939479_b.jpg

And yet, the button array to the *left* of the viewfinder is something I have never seen on a Canon. The 600D has two buttons like that, but it looks like theres four on this camera. Could just be the angle of the shot and the low res.

productimage_7237_rearview.jpg

That said, I have never seen buttons like that anywhere else either, except on the 600D

Looks like I'll have to get technical here :)

The Magnify +/- buttons on the top right immediately identify it as a Canon EOS DSLR, as do the angled chamfers of the viewfinder cup. The mode dial being on the right means it is an xx0D or an xx00D. The hinge of the articulated screen means that it is a 600D, 650D, or 700D. The angled right hand shoulder (as opposed to a rounded shoulder) indicates to me that it is more likely a 600D rather than the newer 650D or 700D, but I'm sure that it still takes excellent photos.

The lens itself is classic consumer level Canon EFS with black plastic and silver trim ring. The length of the lens leads me to think that it is an EFS 55-250mm, and the smaller gap between the zoom and focus ring would make it a Mark I as opposed to the newer STM model. A Mark I 55-250mm is also consistent with the camera being a 600D.

Stop! You're scaring me a little. :tongue:

My first thought was either a Panasonic G5 or G6 as the lens looks like a M4/3 lens, Panasonics P12-35mm. Looked at the original on your flickr page at full size showed it was niether of those cameras. Rumour has it Panasonic are going to launch the G7 soonest, could this be a Beta version being tested out in the field? That's what I would put my money on.

Shows how much I know about cameras :rolleyes:

Back