1. Welcome to Cameraderie.org—a friendly camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Fuji Geez at the Camera Deals

Discussion in 'Fuji Cameras' started by Tim Williams, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Tim Williams

Tim Williams Top Veteran Subscribing Member

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida
    Timothy Williams
    But I need a 50-140 to complete my kit. Gonna have to stick to my guns on this one. I love my 35 and my 90 but they may go to make room for this. Later the 18-55 will go to make room for the 16-55. Keeping all my wides. 16 , 23 and Rokinon 12

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bobby Tingle

Bobby Tingle Super Moderator Moderators Team

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    Unless you need the larger apertures of the primes, you may wind up selling them after getting the 16-55. I've been deciding back and forth over getting a 50-140 or a 90.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tim Williams

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida
    Timothy Williams
    This is my conundrum. I love primes but my Nikon 80-200 was my go to lens for years and it never let me down. I'm thinking 16-55, 50-140 , sell my 16 (dammit) 18-55, 35 and 90 and keep my 23 . I just like that lens. It will simplify my kit and I have shot zooms before. Plus that leaves me the 12 Roki. I think that's the plan.

4. Tim Williams

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida
    Timothy Williams
    I'm hoping Fuji zoom glass is as sharp as the Nikon 80-200, that's almost prime sharp.

5. Bobby Tingle

Bobby Tingle Super Moderator Moderators Team

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    The 16-55 and 50-140 are as sharp as primes. They are two of only three red badge Fuji lenses. They deliver on image quality and performance.

I prefer the images from the 50-140 over those from the 90mm. That is not to say that the images from the 90mm are not stellar. Also, the 50-140 wins on versatility. But, the 50-140 is really big/heavy for a mirrorless lens. And comes at a much higher price. I don't currently yet have a need for either. So I have time to think it through.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tim Williams

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida
    Timothy Williams
    Yeah, I have to really do some soul searching before I pull this trigger, but that has been the plan all along. At this stage of my life I think I'll be ok with it.I now have the camera that I wanted in the XT3 but some of my favorite lens will have to go. That's the hard part.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tim Williams

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida
    Timothy Williams
    Well, I got sidetracked a bit. My computer is aging, so I called in my IT Department ( Daughter and Son-in -Law ) and we built a new Photoshop killer last night. I got it done for a little over half of a 50-140.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Covey22

Covey22 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Feb 3, 2012
    No regrets on the 50-140. After many side trips using other lenses, my go-to combination when I was on Nikon was the 17-55 and the 80-200 AF-S. Sharp, contrasty, colorful. The 50-140 delivered this past summer at NJF, I have absolutely no concerns about it. The 16-55 is a brick, but like the 17-55 DX, your handling must be on point - and it will bring gorgeous images.

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
  9. Tim Williams

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida
    Timothy Williams
    Now I have to save more money for fun.:2thumbs:

• Funny Funny x 1