• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

German alps with my Sigma DP2M

Chris2500dk

Top Veteran
Dec 22, 2011
Copenhagen, Denmark
I just got back from a trip to Garmisch-Partenkirchen in southern Germany. Such amazing scenery.

I only used my DP2 Merrill and did quite a few panorama stitches with Lightroom and Microsoft Image Composite Editor.
Even now, 6 1/2 years from launch, it still amazes me with the quality you can get from such a small camera.

Garmisch alps 1
by Christian Hass Jensen, on Flickr

Garmisch alps 2

Garmisch alps 3

Garmisch alps 4

Garmisch alps 5

Neuschwanstein

Jan 7, 2013
Cheshire, England
I just got back from a trip to Garmisch-Partenkirchen in southern Germany. Such amazing scenery.

I only used my DP2 Merrill and did quite a few panorama stitches with Lightroom and Microsoft Image Composite Editor.
Even now, 6 1/2 years from launch, it still amazes me with the quality you can get from such a small camera.

View attachment 185803
Garmisch alps 1 by Christian Hass Jensen, on Flickr

View attachment 185804
Garmisch alps 2 by Christian Hass Jensen, on Flickr

View attachment 185805
Garmisch alps 3 by Christian Hass Jensen, on Flickr

View attachment 185806
Garmisch alps 4 by Christian Hass Jensen, on Flickr

View attachment 185807
Garmisch alps 5 by Christian Hass Jensen, on Flickr

View attachment 185808
Neuschwanstein by Christian Hass Jensen, on Flickr
The DP2M is fantastic for detailed landscapes. In some photos I’ve found sheep in distant fields that were impossible to see with the naked eye. It’s the only camera I’ve ever used where no sharpening was needed, ever. If you can live with its many usability issues it’s still brilliant. I’d buy one again but they are extremely rare and stupidly expensive nowadays.

john m flores

All-Pro
Aug 13, 2012
Every once in a while I daydream about travelling the world with a medium format camera to take landscapes. Then I think, "Just get a Sigma instead."

Nice photos

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

How did my backpack get so heavy? I thought mirrorless was lightweight!
Really enjoying my Samyang fisheye - it's the third FE lens I've owned, a Peleng on 4/3 and a previous Samyang on my first flirtation with m4/3. So I knew what I was getting. 👍
Ok, I'm all Creative Clouded out right now.... what a waste of time.
So Fuji's traditional spring announcement includes... only the XT30? Helps my GAS to be sure!
This week's weather has been snow, hail, rain, sun, sleet... what next, frogs? 🐸
Top Bottom