L-Mount Get alerted about L-mount posts only?

Leica L-Mount cameras and lenses

wt21

Hall of Famer
Is there a way to get alerted about L-mount posts only? I have no interest (nor budget) for Leica, and the L-mount threads are scattered throughout. I don't really want to watch the whole sub-forum.

My advice would be to enter the forum via the "What's new" link and just scan the results for the appropriate prefix.

Other than that, you can watch whatever threads you like - find the link on the top of every page; you can also "jump to new".

Given the limited number of L mount related threads, that certainly isn't a problem in this case.

M.

Open a thread, click on the Prefix in Red.

It generates the Tabs in the URL line directly.

Then- position the cursor at the URL and copy all. Paste it back to the post.

My Daughter is taken a 4000 level web design course. I'm learning new tricks.
Got it, thanks a lot!

Actually, you can just click on a prefix in any listing on a forum or subforum (maybe you referred to this, Brian?) and get a list of all prefixed threads. Great!

Anyhow, you're still reliant on people choosing the correct prefix. For L mount, some people haven't, at least not in all cases; I found that out via Tag Search. But I think I can fix most of it.

M.

Try setting the above link as a Bookmark, should show only L-Mount tagged threads.

At present, it brings up Three threads.
That works quite well - it's almost like having an L-mount sub-forum!

I think it would be worth publicising this technique. I'd never have known how to do it without this thread.

That works quite well - it's almost like having an L-mount sub-forum!

I think it would be worth publicising this technique. I'd never have known how to do it without this thread.
Kevin has incorporated a lot of the advanced Xenforo features, more than most other sites. He has also added custom ones- such as having access to the URL of your attachments and being able to re-use them in other threads rather than upload them every time.

You are right- a "quick How to" thread is a good idea. Better than randomly pointing and clicking to see what happens, like I do...

Back