Get involved in the new 5 Day Challenge!

We've got some really cool unusual shaped themed images in the challenge thanks to everyone, and we're heading down the home stretch for this first challenge!
The thread will close on Friday at 8pm New York time (1am Saturday London, 11am Sydney).
Voting via a Poll will be possible from Saturday 8am New York time and close on Sunday at 8am.

Please don't hold back - this challenge has nothing to do with "winning". It's all about getting the creative processes going and using our cameras for what they were made for, so the more pictures in the challenge thread, the better for all of us.

In addition please use this thread to continue to add your thoughts about the challenge and any improvements you'd be interested in.:th_salute:

**A note to let everyone know that since we were able to set things up earlier than expected, the voting via this Poll will be possible from now, approximately 8pm New York time and will close on Sunday at 8am, New York time.

Thanks for the feedback and signs of support. We started with a weekly challenge concept which became a 6 Day Challenge with 1 day for voting. To allow the winner to choose the next theme it then became a 5DC with 1 day for voting and 1 day to choose and setup the next 5DC.

Yes this is tight and we will see how it goes and rely on feedback in this thread. For example if we do not have voting it could again be a Weekly Challenge which would include the weekend. Also the challenge could still be a 5DC but run to include the weekend for posting.

Keep the comments coming. ;)

Overall, with voting or not, one day or five or six, I think if we keep it on the simple side
it will be a great success. Looking forward to this.... cheers all,
Pete

If anyone has been thinking about adding a photograph to the current 5 DC Challenge, it's T minus about two hours until New York 8pm (1am Saturday London, 11am Sydney) closing time, so if you have a picture for this one, you'd better get it posted.:)

Glad I logged on today - I didn't realise we would have only 1 day to vote! It's hard to firstly choose only one favourite, and secondly to decide if your favourite photo also fits the challenge theme best.

I'm glad you logged in too, Nic! It is difficult to just pick one and I think it's important to remember what the point of the challenge is which is to get us all out their making pictures and using our eyes to perceive the various themed challenges, and ultimately interpret the world we see with our cameras. As it's been mentioned before, the method to our madness of "voting" is really to create a means to an end - to set up the next challenge.

This is our first venture and I'm sure we'll fine tune things to work more smoothly in the future - for example reminding everyone to subscribe to threads, etc. I really appreciate your participation - everyone's participation - and am also very glad that you've posted your thoughts here, as well.

P.S. Clearly time zones are one of the important issues we need to keep in mind. For those of us here in the states it is still Friday. I'm sure we'll get things figured out for next time, Nic.

See the note: **A note to let everyone know that since we were able to set things up earlier than expected, the voting via this Poll will be possible from now, approximately 8pm New York time and will close on Sunday at 8am, New York time.

Hey All,

My only suggestion is that we find a way to give folks at least one weekend day for photography as many of us have these pain in the but things called jobs that keep us busy Mon through Fri. Other than that an enjoyable exercise!

-Ed-

So far we have 17 votes in, with 19 participants. I hope the two who haven't made it to the polls yet, will do so before Sunday April 3rd at 8am, New York time, because that is when the thread is going to close. Even more importantly, whoever is the winner then will be choosing the next challenge. Stay tuned!

Yes, it will be, Pete! Clearly we've got more voters than participants.:D But that's OK. This was, after all our "inaugural" challenge and we're going to make some changes for the upcoming one. T minus about 15 minutes New York time until the poll closes.

Back