Fuji Getting Acquainted w/the 35mm

zapatista

Veteran
Name
Mike
On the walk to work today, 1st time out with the (wonderful) 35mm f1.4. The light was exquisite lumbering to my downtown cubicle this morning!

Attachments

• 35mm f1.4 (5 of 5).jpg
    35mm f1.4 (5 of 5).jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 35mm f1.4 (4 of 5).jpg
    35mm f1.4 (4 of 5).jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 35mm f1.4 (3 of 5).jpg
    35mm f1.4 (3 of 5).jpg
    139 KB · Views: 391
  • 35mm f1.4 (2 of 5).jpg
    35mm f1.4 (2 of 5).jpg
    181 KB · Views: 179
  • 35mm f1.4 (1 of 5).jpg
    35mm f1.4 (1 of 5).jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 172
Very nice early light images - I especially like your first two. I also got a kick out of your description "lumbering down to my cubicle". It's wonderful that you had your camera along - it might be kind of cool to do that regularly and see what sort of collection you come up with.

I dunno about "The camera". But it works for me ... but I don't think I'm all that particular with cameras. I used Canons for years and I think they were quite ugly. The OM-D's, don't fit well in my chubby yet regal hands, but they fit well enough. And with the Fuji's, I can pretend I'm shooting an AF-ing Leica with this film-esque looking output. I'd like to think I made the right choice, but to be honest, I think I could adapt and be pretty happy with most any pro-sumer or better camera.

Gary

Ebay deal of the day...last week through big value.

Wow! These mirrorless cameras really don't hold their value do they? How slow is the focus of the EOS M with the 22mm compared to something like the X100 or the X-E1 + 35mm f1.4 - or even the Panasonic 20mm f1.7 on one of the older m43 cameras if you've used any of those (I'm just tossing out camera/lens combinations I'm familiar with)?

Wow! These mirrorless cameras really don't hold their value do they? How slow is the focus of the EOS M with the 22mm compared to something like the X100 or the X-E1 + 35mm f1.4 - or even the Panasonic 20mm f1.7 on one of the older m43 cameras if you've used any of those (I'm just tossing out camera/lens combinations I'm familiar with)?

Not a whole lot of difference, but it's a little slower than both the 35mm with an XE-1 or the 20mm with one of the faster Panny bodies or the EM-5. Not sure relative to the X100.

Back