Fuji Getting to grips with the X Factor...

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer
So, I have had the X10 now for a couple of weeks. On the plus side I really like the handling and the performance; everything is logical; I have yet to open the instruction book which to me is the mark of a well-designed camera (plus I am a bloke...) I'm finding that my habitual -1/3 exposure setting is generally not needed (I do it to avoid clipping highlights on small sensor cameras). I'm also finding that AF is not entirely reliable - there have been a few occasions where I have had to re-compose on apparently high contrast subjects - maybe it's just me... It is a wee bit small, so I have a half-case on order - we'll see how that goes. Being used to Leica Ms I find myself regularly trying to hook my thumb on a non-existent wind on lever so that may be part of the problem! I have been carrying it with my GXR over the last weekend and did find that the two, while similar, have different placement of minor controls so there were times when I tried to adjust one as the other and vice-versa - user error, basically, but one to remember in fast-moving situations.

Anyway, here are a few shots from last weekend:

View attachment 54117

View attachment 54118

View attachment 54119

View attachment 54120

View attachment 54121

You are now on the ladder of images according to Fuji

Hi Bill,

Great shots and was that by any chance the event at Brooklands on Sat? we had some people attend a 40's garden party on Sun who had been at Brooklands Sat and had a great time.

You do realise that now you have the X10 you will soon start to pine for the X100 and then for the XPro-1!! I have the X100 and it is incredible but I am starting to look hungrily at the XPro-1.

Here are 3 of the X100 images I took on Sun:

Unsung_heroes.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The_chat.jpg

Sharp_dressers.jpg

Yes it was Brooklands - a place of special significance to me since my Grandfather was Chief Maintenance Electrician at Vickers during WW2. I go there once or twice a year. There is one workshop in particular that just transports me back to my childhood - it looks and smells just like his shed. The "Walmington On Sea Home Guard" were indeed in attendance and managed to round up a Luftwaffe pilot...

View attachment 54127

Back