Micro 4/3 GF1 and Oly 17mm f/2.8 test shots...

Sep 8, 2010
London UK
Andy
We were selling our very last Panasonic GF-1 at work, body only for £199 new and I got it for £170 with staff discount which I see as an absolute bargain not to be missed. I already had the Olympus 17mm f/2.8 lens from the E-PL2 so I thought the GF-1 would put it to good use. I now have my poor mans X100 digital rangefinder type camera and so far I have been very very happy with the results from the GF-1/Oly 17mm f/2.8

Here's the camera & Lens combo:
View attachment 36582
Panasonic DMC-GF1 Olympus 17mm f2.8 by andywest1, on Flickr

And 2 test shots from the front garden:
View attachment 36583
GF1 Flower by andywest1, on Flickr

View attachment 36584
GF1 Rose Buds by andywest1, on Flickr

Sep 8, 2010
London UK
Andy
Andy sweet looking kit! Love the 17mm, jealous yours is black, mine is silver, LOL
Thanks. I made sure I got a black one as they look nicer I think on non silver cameras. I bought it for the E-PL2 which was black and faulty!!! It does look nice on the GF1 :)

Duane Pandorf

Top Veteran
Apr 25, 2011
Western NC
We were selling our very last Panasonic GF-1 at work, body only for £199 new and I got it for £170 with staff discount which I see as an absolute bargain not to be missed. I already had the Olympus 17mm f/2.8 lens from the E-PL2 so I thought the GF-1 would put it to good use. I now have my poor mans X100 digital rangefinder type camera and so far I have been very very happy with the results from the GF-1/Oly 17mm f/2.8
Those are great shots Ghosthunter. BTW, I'm in the UK and hope to get down to London town center tomorrow (Saturday) for some serious walking around and picture snapping.

pictor

All-Pro
Jul 14, 2010
Andy, I love this lens and the GF1 is a great little camera (or is it a little great camera? :confused:) and I am sure you will love it, too. I hope you have found peace at last with this camera.

Sep 8, 2010
London UK
Andy
Andy, I love this lens and the GF1 is a great little camera (or is it a little great camera? :confused:) and I am sure you will love it, too. I hope you have found peace at last with this camera.
Thanks pictor. The 17mm is just right for M4/3 and me!! I need to get a decent lens for my 500D so there will be no more money for the Gf1 for a while!

Sep 8, 2010
London UK
Andy
Andy, I spotted your photos on Flickr yesterday and had a feeling this was your new baby. Congratulations!:biggrin:
Thanks BB. It's like meeting an old friend. I know it well yet it still has a charm of it's own and with the nice sharp 17mm f/2.8 it feels part of me. I just love the focal length and am now looking for a 24mm lens for the Canon!!

Reactions: BBW

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom