Glimpse of the future and the past, in the present.

It seems a bit creepy, but I can also see it being popular. And is probably the first of many AI animation enhancements to photos.

It is a bit creepy, but I can also understand that people who miss their loved ones terribly are not going to see it as being creepy.

I can see it being both ways....it will be the strong HDR or "Dave Hill" look for a while and then it will most likely fade away, most likely.

The "Dave Hill" look ... ?

q7Uzwo5nO79Imog897MjczyUtRAUnUpRMfzuvsTEiDYNIRSzeMLQyIdqId9_F56qCeYSaE1nUceeExwgQNuIOUX80e_hW2...jpg

and then it will most likely fade away, most likely.

When I said it's a glimpse of the future, I meant that this new tech is the first step towards a full reproduction of deceased people. We will have a full reproduction of deceased in a full fledged video, and then even further in the future we'll have them in android or robot form. Our loved ones right before us, moving, talking, laughing, eating, doing everything they used to do when the actual person was alive.

When I said it's a glimpse of the future, I meant that this new tech is the first step towards a full reproduction of deceased people. We will have a full reproduction of deceased in a full fledged video, and then even further in the future we'll have them in android or robot form. Our loved ones right before us, moving, talking, laughing, eating, doing everything they used to do when the actual person was alive.
Now that is creepy. Maybe even a nightmare. Seems like a set up for another Stephen King horror story.

Now that is creepy. Maybe even a nightmare. Seems like a set up for another Stephen King horror story.

It may be the new normal though.

The fact that we have video or audio footage of deceased loved ones today might seem very creepy to civilisation a couple of hundred years ago. Have you ever attended a funeral where a voice message or final goodbye in the form of an audio/video recording from the deceased person is played to the attendees? You'd probably be burned alive as a witch if you had such technology in your hands back then.

This concept is both cool...and creepy. When I look at these photos appearing to 'come to life' it's a rather amazing experience.

It also feels like somehow we are moving a step closer toward a classic science-fiction premise - of an 'intelligent' or living AI (or 'Artificial Intelligence') coming into being - and interacting with humans. Spike Jonze's brilliant sci-fi film Her (which among other things was nominated for a Best Screenplay Academy Award) dealt with the premise of a man forming an intense and personal relationship with the AI which organized much of his life.

I have no idea where any of this technology may go... but it's rather amazing. Thanks for posting this, TraamisVOS.

This concept is both cool...and creepy. When I look at these photos appearing to 'come to life' it's a rather amazing experience.

It also feels like somehow we are moving a step closer toward a classic science-fiction premise - of an 'intelligent' or living AI (or 'Artificial Intelligence') coming into being - and interacting with humans. Spike Jonze's brilliant sci-fi film Her (which among other things was nominated for a Best Screenplay Academy Award) dealt with the premise of a man forming an intense and personal relationship with the AI which organized much of his life.

I have no idea where any of this technology may go... but it's rather amazing. Thanks for posting this, TraamisVOS.

I have not see that movie, but if I can find it in netflix I'll check it out.

But anyway, all of our photos that we take and preserve in our lifetime may be used to recreate human subjects long gone, in the future. Including ourselves. Imagine our ancestors several generations removed, a couple of hundred years in the future, recreating one of us.

Back